PDA

View Full Version : High output alternator

Bigpauly2788
20-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey guys

i am currently having a high end sound system installed in my car (2006 Euro) and am trying to find a high output alternator.

i have contacted Denso in Auburn and they have told me that the only way to obtain a high output alternator is to find one that is the same in dimensions...

If any of you guys have had any experience in replacing the factory alternator in euros or know of a place that i can obtain a high output alternator it would help me out a lot.

with a high output alternator my amplifiers will take full advantage of my battery and capacitor and stop any kind of dimming (headlights) whilst the subwoofers are hitting.

Cheers in advance.

tron07
20-04-2009, 12:08 PM
what kinda of high end equipment you are putting in first?

Bigpauly2788
20-04-2009, 05:03 PM
stereo system mate

tony1234
20-04-2009, 05:12 PM
stereo system mate
He's after more info on what you've got.size,brand,watts RMS,no.and size of subs etc.so he can give you some advice.He (Tron07)had some high end gear in his civic.

Bigpauly2788
20-04-2009, 05:25 PM
well i called up Honda at Hornsby and found out that the current factory alternator is 105amps, more than i was thinking it would be.

I may not have to change it afterall, considering that i have a Optima Yellow top and capacitor, il just wait and see.

its well over 2000 RMS btw.

so i think i will leave it for now, and if i need one i have found an auto electrician that can fix me up :)

Bigpauly2788
20-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Although on a different topic i would love to know where i can get some new exhaust tips from in sydney :)

im not interested in changeing the entire exhaust system, just the tips because they are chewed up quite a bit due to the ride height

tony1234
20-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Although on a different topic i would love to know where i can get some new exhaust tips from in sydney :)

im not interested in changeing the entire exhaust system, just the tips because they are chewed up quite a bit due to the ride height
Any decent muffler shop should have a selection of tips for you to choose from.BTW where in Sydney you live?

tony1234
20-04-2009, 05:38 PM
well i called up Honda at Hornsby and found out that the current factory alternator is 105amps, more than i was thinking it would be.

I may not have to change it afterall, considering that i have a Optima Yellow top and capacitor, il just wait and see.

so i think i will leave it for now, and if i need one i have found an auto electrician that can fix me up :)
Wow over 2000 WRMS:eek:.I bet it kicks ass.

Bigpauly2788
20-04-2009, 05:42 PM
im from hills area and yes after i spend 4 weeks breaking in all the speakers it will be very very loud :)

Also scrap the exhaust tip idea lol, after looking at some past cruise photos ive decided to chew up the stock tips and buy a new exhaust system at the end of the year :)

I will definately be going with the FEELS exhaust from heel toe, i love that system :D. I hope its still around when i come to purchase it !

tron07
20-04-2009, 06:05 PM
To me power is not everything, cause I prefer SQ over SPL.... a good class A amps with 25W RMS X 2 is way better then some cheapo amps with 200W RMS X 2.

I think the Euro's stock alt is good enough for SQ, unless you switch the heater, heated seats, demister, etc on, then it another story.

If you are after SPL, then a bigger alternator is a must...

tony1234
20-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Haha.mine's a puny 350WRMS with 1x10"sub.:o

Bigpauly2788
20-04-2009, 06:51 PM
well i can assure you that it is not el-cheepo rofl !

thousands of dollars does not buy you el cheepo ;)

D R U
21-04-2009, 08:30 AM

I'd be interested in comparing systems one day.

My outputs about 1600 RMS, no capacitor installed (although i have one sitting at home), and also have a yellow top.

I'm not having any problems, if i do i'll let you guys know.

hooyn
21-04-2009, 08:32 AM
im from hills area and yes after i spend 4 weeks breaking in all the speakers it will be very very loud :)

Also scrap the exhaust tip idea lol, after looking at some past cruise photos ive decided to chew up the stock tips and buy a new exhaust system at the end of the year :)

I will definately be going with the FEELS exhaust from heel toe, i love that system :D. I hope its still around when i come to purchase it !

how much is the feel's ?

Bigpauly2788
21-04-2009, 10:51 AM
is saw it on heel toe for like 1500 or a lil higher but that might be american dollars.

its the niceest sounding exhaust but mam i absolutely love it !