PDA

View Full Version : DC2R Front Swaybar Advice

dudeling7
20-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey i've completed most the suspension work on my car but was wondering if i should upgrade my current front sway bar to a dc2r one. im using a dc2r rear sway bar atm, do you think the gsi/vtir one would be fine or would upgrading the front to a dc2r one be noticeably better?

chargeR
20-04-2009, 05:22 PM
It won't be noticably "better". Swaybars are a tuning device. Is the DC2R bar stiffer? If so it will make the front end more responsive or crisper, decrease body roll, and most likely make the car more understeer biased. Is that what you want? It isn't what I would want.

dtrang
20-04-2009, 07:05 PM
arent they the same thickness? cant remember but was reading that t-one replaced his and they looked same thickness only difference is endlinks

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26820&highlight=dc2r+front+sway&page=7

dont think you would feel that much difference cause its not any thicker

pm t-one dc2

Phased
20-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Hey i've completed most the suspension work on my car but was wondering if i should upgrade my current front sway bar to a dc2r one. im using a dc2r rear sway bar atm, do you think the gsi/vtir one would be fine or would upgrading the front to a dc2r one be noticeably better?

AUDM DC2R Front sway bar is 24mm / Rear 22mm
JDM DC2R Front Swaybar is 25mm / Rear 23mm
AUDM VTi-R Front Swaybar is 24mm / Rear 14mm

So no, it would not be better as they are the same. As above, if you really want that front end response and to limit body roll further than the 24mm, whiteline have a 27mm Adjustable. Not worth the money in my opinion.

I would suggest upgrading to Polyurethane D-Bracket Swaybar bushes and Energy Suspension Endlinks. You will be able to tell a differace with them. Even with the exchange rates its an upgrade that shouldn't cost you more than $80-100. :D

string
21-04-2009, 02:50 PM
If you want to lose body roll do it by increasing roll stiffness at the rear; unless you are one of those disturbed people who likes understeer...

dudeling7
22-04-2009, 01:46 AM
all good might give it a miss then, i was just really wanting to see if it would make much difference as i might as well change everything all around but since its only 1mm difference i shouldnt bother.

my car has oversteer characteristics a lot actually the way its set up now and it handles nicel, just wanted to to check the thickness on the front. thanks guys

dudeling7
22-04-2009, 01:47 AM
all good might give it a miss then, i was just really wanting to see if it would make much difference as i might as well change everything all around but since its only 1mm difference i shouldnt bother.

my car has oversteer characteristics a lot actually the way its set up now and it handles nicel, just wanted to to check the thickness on the front. thanks guys

Tegzieboi_BAR
29-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Gsi front sway is 20mm as apposed 2 the Vti-R's 24mm so it may b worth it if ur lookin at tracking, otherwise pretty pointless as i wouldnt think it would make enough difference... unless ur a perfectionist.

dudeling7
30-04-2009, 01:28 PM
actually i think i found out i just need to add a few washers between the endlink joint on the LCA to space it out a few more mm's

anyone done this before? ive heard of a few people doing it.

VTECMACHINE
30-04-2009, 02:13 PM
If you want better front end, turn in characteristics, then get some Fender Braces. I have the J's racing ones, and they are great. But yeah, as said leave the sway bar.