PDA

View Full Version : Help... Engine Light !

PrahVtec
29-10-2004, 12:25 PM
hi, i jus picked my prelude dis tues and the engine light on the console has come on... omfg

can u guys list all d possible reasons for dis to come on //?? :confused:

ive checked d eng oil and d level is ova dan it should... so its not runnin out for sure..

wat else can it be?
:(
d previous owner sed it "mite" be wrong messages are being sent to the console or somethin ... iduno wtf he was on bout .. but ye

so im driving reasonably soft wit it atm... i duno wat it iz.. its come on a few times ... n proly takin in to mechanic soon...
wana noe wat ur opinions are ~~

cheers

Benji
29-10-2004, 12:48 PM
i'd drive it to a mechanic straight away to be safe.

mytoycivic
29-10-2004, 01:23 PM
probably just a wrong message being sent...a sensor may be out or something...

a guru on this site may be able to help u later on :thumbsup:

Javed
29-10-2004, 04:25 PM
From what I could make from your post, I would possibly try checking ECU codes or take it to a honda repairer asap.

Lyle_Style
29-10-2004, 05:38 PM
check your map sensor is plugged in

ECU-MAN
29-10-2004, 11:53 PM
it could be any component of the PGMFI system.

im guessing you got a 92-96 Prelude. do this
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8218
even though the DIY is for a civic the same applies for you prelude.
on the drivers side follow the side of the center console to under the dash to were it ends, reach in behind there on the inner side of the console youll find the 2 pin connector, it will be blue ( some are also grey ). then tell us what you find

PrahVtec
01-11-2004, 11:59 AM
ecu man: i found this blue connector holder with a yellow connector in it... that is the only 2 pin connector i could find... but the wiring color is one black and one green and black ...
right next to it is a grey connector holder with a blue connector, but thats three pin...

this was wat i found behind the center console ... kinda near the base (close to the floor)

am i lookin at the right thing.

im reali keen in finding the prob for this eng light... ta

PrahVtec
01-11-2004, 12:00 PM
ye also its 95 mate.

ECU-MAN
01-11-2004, 08:44 PM
yeah sounds alot like it. does your lude have SRS as Yellow commonly represents SRS followed by yellow conduit. anyway give it a go , sounds like its the short connector to me, and that 3 pin connector is the DLC connector. leave that one alone.

PrahVtec
06-11-2004, 05:13 PM
ecu-man : mate .. i stuck the wiring in that socket and turn the keys just before startin the car ... but nuffing happen ~ =|
how long are u suppse to wait... all that happened was the engine light comes on for 2 seconds then switches off like usual... the remaining lights stay on..

no beeps or anythin... did i do nethin wrong or is this the wrong connector... =\

btw i recently topped up the water and the light hasnt come on... since.. but i would stilll like to be sure of any other fault codes...

chheers mate...

ECU-MAN
06-11-2004, 09:44 PM
I recon you got the wrong connector. it should be blue two pin connector.