PDA

View Full Version : Replacing 06 Euro Accelerator pedal

SPO73D
21-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Okay, so basically, the accelerator pedal on my euro 06 has become detached at the bottom(weird...) and i was just wondering, any idea's on how to fix it? Honda parts suggested I should order a new pedal, but it seems that you cant just purchase the pedal separately, you need to buy the pedal and the attachment arm(all connected). Is this easily changed? I was thinking of getting new pedals anyway, but they seem all to be mounted on the original ones.

Any other solutions or info about replacing the whole pedal will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advanced.:)

aaronng
21-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Check the bottom of the accelerator pedal if the hinge or retaining clip has been broken. If broken, you will need to buy the whole pedal, or buy a used one from the wrecker or Ozhonda (some members here have changed to a metal pedal set, and should have a spare accelerator pedal lying around).

SPO73D
28-04-2009, 01:54 AM
hmmm, interesting... Would that mean, I could change from my OEM ones to metal ones straight away? I thought most of the pedals were directly screwed onto the original pedals. if this is not needed, what brands of pedals would I be looking at. There isn't really a point to pick up a OEM pedal, if I am just going to use it as a backing for the metal ones.

thanks in advanced.

aaronng
28-04-2009, 08:19 AM
hmmm, interesting... Would that mean, I could change from my OEM ones to metal ones straight away? I thought most of the pedals were directly screwed onto the original pedals. if this is not needed, what brands of pedals would I be looking at. There isn't really a point to pick up a OEM pedal, if I am just going to use it as a backing for the metal ones.

thanks in advanced.

The EuroR metal pedal set replaces the accelerator pedal and would solve your problem.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52314&highlight=euro+pedals

The part number for the accelerator pedal and assembly is 17800-SEA-R01.

SPO73D
28-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the help, Ill be looking into the Euro R pedals.