PDA

View Full Version : What is my model number?

vtc
21-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Hey guys,

Moved onto another Honda, a 1999 Honda Accord V6-L.

This may be simple but what is the model number? e.g Em1, BB6 etc. What am I looking for to look for parts. The Americans have it all over the place.

Also anyone with the same model know if Keyless Entry and boot release was standard? Cause according to Honda using my Vin, I don't have it standard even though it says it in the Specs. I only have the key so will need to purchase the Module. Any one know rough prices?

Thanks

blk_shadow
22-04-2009, 10:33 PM
your model could be the CK Accord. I believe its the CK1 accord. I can double check.

yours doesn't come with boot release in Aus Spec. keyless entry will prolly be optional add-on from OEM Honda.

vtc
23-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the reply mate! Not many ppl list them as a CK1 which is on the VIN. I guess i just look for Accord V6 parts.

Yeah I only got the Keys so trying to find out which option to go. Prob cheaper to get an alarm.

Thanks again.

RiceMeister
03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I drive a 2000 Accord V6L mate, and yep the 99-2000 models are the CK1. If you're searching on ebay ect..for parts, you can search under "Accord V6 4dr" or "Accord V6 LX" (the american equivalent of the V6L)

quite a bit of kit on US eBay for the CK accords, but i agree man can be quite difficult to find them.

in terms of keyless entry, my v6L which i bought off a mate came with two immobilisers and 2 keys, im assuming your 99 model should be similar and in the v6L the immobiliser should be standard...

good luck anyways mate.

vtc
03-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks mate! Its pretty hard to find parts for the car. I'm not looking at modifying the car too much but just finding whats cheap out there for the car.

Thanks for the info!