PDA

View Full Version : K&N filter worth the money?

Alpine
29-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Considering a K&N filter for my Civic to replace the stock one...is it worth it? What kind of differences, if any, are there between a K&N and the stock one? Everything else in the engine is stock, as well as the exhaust.

Terry
29-10-2004, 06:33 PM
U wont go wrong for that.....high end respond will be a little better. One OH trader in Brisbane willing to sale u this i think. :D

ian
29-10-2004, 07:09 PM
yup, got myself a K&N replacement panel filter in the factory box in my civic coupe..................not really a noticeable difference (more a psychological difference...hehehehe). they say that it improves air flow and fuel efficiency but i haven't really put it to the test.........nevertheless i've got a K&N filter instead of the stock paper filter...........it should make some sort of difference! get one!

sesshoumaru
29-10-2004, 07:11 PM
what engine do you have?

imo it's worth it just for the noise :P

Civic_G
29-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Hey,
I got a K&N filter in mine, full cai system with K&N pod filter, it does make a noticiable difference, where u can actually here ur car suckin in all dat cold air, which is pretty sik plus there's a bit of increase in torque and maybe an extra kw or two..

Setanta
29-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey,
I got a K&N filter in mine, full cai system with K&N pod filter, it does make a noticiable difference, where u can actually here ur car suckin in all dat cold air, which is pretty sik plus there's a bit of increase in torque and maybe an extra kw or two..

OT: Using the word "sik" is so 90's Bankstown... get over it.

I'd like to see your dyno sheets showing that a CAI alone is increasing torque and "maybe an extra kilowatt or two". Until then, I call bullshit. Anyone can be a mag racer and believe the advertising.

Back on topic: A replacement panal will flow well - I'm running a custom made one that flows 7% better than the stock filter. The best thing about them is that they are re-usable and defect-free when the boys in blue want to check under your hood :)

Type R Positive
29-10-2004, 08:33 PM
OT: Using the word "sik" is so 90's Bankstown... get over it.

I'd like to see your dyno sheets showing that a CAI alone is increasing torque and "maybe an extra kilowatt or two". Until then, I call bullshit. Anyone can be a mag racer and believe the advertising.

Back on topic: A replacement panal will flow well - I'm running a custom made one that flows 7% better than the stock filter. The best thing about them is that they are re-usable and defect-free when the boys in blue want to check under your hood :) You toss.

bubblecivic
29-10-2004, 09:04 PM
7% is pretty precise. Have you got proof?

projekt kal
29-10-2004, 09:39 PM
i dunno if this falls under ur "mag racer" category.. but check it out

http://importtuner.com/tech/0102it_civicsi/

dunno how reliable the info is coz it could jus be advertising the products

mytoycivic
29-10-2004, 09:49 PM
This Is A Real Life Internet Bitch Fight On Here Ladies Lol :d

Setanta
30-10-2004, 08:20 AM
7% is pretty precise. Have you got proof?

3 years ago when I had it made I sat next to the guy as he ran the two filters on a flow bench. From there it was a simple matter of sitting down with a calculator to work out the difference. Other than that - nothing in writing. Notice I said it flowed better - not that it improved torque or power.

You toss.

Nice constructive comment - it must have taken you ages to think that one up.

[[d a n n y]]
30-10-2004, 09:56 AM
3 years ago when I had it made I sat next to the guy as he ran the two filters on a flow bench. From there it was a simple matter of sitting down with a calculator to work out the difference. Other than that - nothing in writing. Notice I said it flowed better - not that it improved torque or power.

Nice constructive comment - it must have taken you ages to think that one up.

bahahah pete u funny 1.
K&N filter it's pretty good value for the money.
but i didnt use that stuff i used Spoon Pod filter with custom box and CAI.
anywayz i heard from people the trust panel filter is more cheaper and affective than the K&N filters

geo41e
30-10-2004, 11:02 AM
yeha, thats what i heard too danny..hoewver it dosn't filter as much as the k'n'N filter...

dirty dirty!!

civic_ek
30-10-2004, 04:26 PM
yeah i have made a custom pipe from the stock air box which cuts off all the air chambers.....(side if the bumper, back of the stock ek air box, and half way along the intake pipe to the tb) also i have made a cai from the front bumper into my stock air box..... im yet to put the new pipe on but with the k&n pannel filter and cai u can tell the difference....i also tested the pod filter.... it flows better but only at high rpm....at low revs the pod will suck 2 much air so it bogs down but in high revs it adds alot more power than the pannel.... but with the pannel i have nice snappy down low power with no bog down... also the pod makes my car run rich and i go through fuel alot quicker.... so all round street performance i rather my pannel filter...plus no defect :) also i run some other mods.... i have a d16y4 non vtec....k&n filter with cai, 4-2-1 2" mandrel bent 2 peice extractors,high flow cat, 2 1/4 zorst with ressy and cannon with 5" tip, bigger plugs and leads,
future plans are to put a edelbrock performer x manni, maybe y8 head, and a very small shot of nos...or a JR supercharger instead :D
my mates lancer on nos is crazy... my car shits on it but when he hits noss it goes from 2 car lengths behind me to 10 infront... its crazy.!!!but each time he does it the butterfly in the tb bends.... so he upgrade the tb and its all good now!!!!

Alpine
30-10-2004, 07:35 PM
How much does a K&N drop-in filter cost anyway?

Surrufus
31-10-2004, 12:46 AM
costs about $110 from what i know... i personally would get an airpod and associated piping and have a go with the cops :cool: