PDA

View Full Version : Dc5 intrusion bar

maracer
22-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi Guy's,

Come across something very interesting yesterday.
My car is at U Panel, Getting the finishing touches done.
When I was told why my car, DC5 Type S 2006 hasn't got the rear INTRUSION BAR on it?
WTF!
I'm the first owner, The car has never been in an accident.
So i ring up Honda spare parts and ask for the part i'm missing!
The reply was,
That year model car does not come with it,
FARK!
So i ask him to look up DC5 Type R 02 - 04, Yes this car comes with INTRUSION BAR.
FARK!
Does this not seem strange, I asked. Reply was " I know the Jazz does not have the REAR INTRUSION BAR either"
So has anybody else come across this?

DC5 Type R 02 - 04
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/74/rearintrusionbar.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rearintrusionbar.jpg)

DC5 Type S 05 - 06
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6232/towhookrear.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=towhookrear.jpg)

Thanks to monty and whtdc2 for pictures.

Type S Tony
22-04-2009, 10:08 PM
The rear bumber is so strong no intrusion bar is needed, didnt you know DC5-S is the best car in the world, Lolz!

T-onedc2
22-04-2009, 10:19 PM
My guess would be that if intended this way, it allows for a more effective crumple zone in a rear end crash. The intrusion bar is bolted to the chassis rails in the earlier model as pictured and I doubt would crumple nearly as much.

Tai
23-04-2009, 09:17 AM
What do you expect.

They took away LSD, Recaros, Sporty interior.

Might as well skimp other bits too with the DC5S.

DC5R > DC5S

45SET
23-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Before they bought the car over to Aus they asked Type S Tony if he thought having the rear intrustion bar was a good idea... not realising that they were talking about the car (And not his ass) he said "Naa bra, piss that shit off"... and thats why the Type S dosn't have a rear intrusion bar... true story

:p

But I always thought the Type S had that, that makes me think, does it have the one along the front? and does it have the massive bar that the Type R's have that run accross the car under the rear seat?

Type S Tony
23-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Before they bought the car over to Aus they asked Type S Tony if he thought having the rear intrustion bar was a good idea... not realising that they were talking about the car (And not his ass) he said "Naa bra, piss that shit off"... and thats why the Type S dosn't have a rear intrusion bar... true story

But I always thought the Type S had that, that makes me think, does it have the one along the front? and does it have the massive bar that the Type R's have that run accross the car under the rear seat?

Its easier to Drift with no rear intrusion bar Brah!:p Less weight over the rear wheels!

maracer
23-04-2009, 10:59 AM
The rear bumber is so strong no intrusion bar is needed, didnt you know DC5-S is the best car in the world, Lolz!

you make me lol........BTW it is the best car:p

The front is the same as Type R.
As for under the seat no sure?

Tai
23-04-2009, 11:28 AM
The bar in the middle near the rear seats is there,

I've fully stripped a DC5S and DC5R before and both have it.

However I think the DC5S is made from a heavier cheaper steal as the DC5R is a alloy/aluminium bar that is lighter.

maracer
23-04-2009, 01:47 PM
The bar in the middle near the rear seats is there,

I've fully stripped a DC5S and DC5R before and both have it.

However I think the DC5S is made from a heavier cheaper steal as the DC5R is a alloy/aluminium bar that is lighter.

I'm not sure if i'm reading this rite or not.
So did the DC5S have the rear intrusion bar?

45SET
23-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure if i'm reading this rite or not.
So did the DC5S have the rear intrusion bar?

He's talking about the "b-piller bar/monkey bar". There is a bar that runs from passenger to driver side b-piller. If you pull up the rear seat you'll see it.

Type S Tony
23-04-2009, 02:09 PM
He's talking about the "b-piller bar/monkey bar". There is a bar that runs from passenger to driver side b-piller. If you pull up the rear seat you'll see it.

I havent even got that in my car, it doesnt need it unlike the inferior type R!

45SET
23-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Sweet burn man...

*pfft*

Type S Tony
23-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Sweet burn man...

*pfft*

My Computer has Shiet itself today, litteraly it got clear gooey stuff coming out from behind, im on my mums pc,

Will have to pay you out later!;)

45SET
23-04-2009, 02:21 PM
My Computer has Shiet itself today, litteraly it got clear gooey stuff coming out from behind, im on my mums pc,

Will have to pay you out later!;)

You should stop hiding your cum on the back of the computer man.

burak213
27-04-2009, 09:01 AM
You should stop hiding your cum on the back of the computer man.

it provides lubrication and cooling for the processorz and shit

Type S Tony
27-04-2009, 10:17 AM
My I.T. guy came past the office to have a look at it and after about 2 hours of not being able to work out whats wrong he just grabed the tower and said ill have ti back on Tuesday after he Formats it! now im stuck using a stupid laptop with a shitty little screen!

i think the gooey stuff was the cables melting at the rear, do cables usually melt??

45SET
27-04-2009, 10:19 AM
So the IT guy "CAME"... and you "THINK" some cables "MELTED" in your "REAR"...

Man... I think your on the wrong forum