PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate 2009 Jazz VTI-S

Tinter
22-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Just signed up for the new silver top of the range auto Jazz this avo:thumbsup:and it should be very individual.

Went crazy with the OEM dress up items but here goes.....

Rear spoiler
Fog Lights
Sports foot pedals
Ambient lighting
Full carbon fibre kit across the dash and doors (ie.4 piece audio, 4 piece door grip, 3 piece meter visor and air outlets)
Carpet mats front and rear
Luggage area protector tray
Car body cover
Rear bumper and bootlip protector
Centre armrest
Carbon external mirror covers

and I'll look after the window film of course.

When I get it I'll post some photos.

PS. Price rise increase effective 1st May by another 3%.:thumbdwn:

chunky
22-04-2009, 08:54 PM
lol how much all up?

kongfu
22-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Is this advertising?

chunky
22-04-2009, 09:01 PM
haha sh*t oh yeah
this is some subliminal sh*t
got me good

M@lew
22-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Congrats on the purchase. Didn't know you could get CF mirrors and dash covers straight from Honda.

FitRS
22-04-2009, 09:17 PM
That's almost everything you could get as accessories for the VTi-S.

Nice company tax write off. ;)

Do let us know the price.

Tinter
22-04-2009, 09:35 PM
That's almost everything you could get as accessories for the VTi-S.

Nice company tax write off. ;)

Do let us know the price.

Should that be done privately or not on an open forum or does it not matter?
There was no confidentiality clause signed.

M@lew....there is also a CF external grab handle set of 4 that fits into the recess of the outside door handles. I didn't go for them though.

In regard to some of the OEM accessories........the fog lights are really a huge expensive indulgence and I only bought them to lift the character of the front of the car.
I would have also liked the doors sills which are in stainless steel but the illuminated ones light up in blue which to me would seem odd as it doesn't match the orange ambient lighting of underneath the foot wells that we are having installed.

The bluetooth would be nice but not at $500 something dollars.

I haven't a need for the boot organiser and the parking sensors I can get from a mate who imports them.

The external weather visors are a take it or leave them item and plastic scratches in time.

The side body protection mouldings would have been great but I never saw a decent photo of them installed so I waivered on them.

Bonnet and headlight protectors look ghastly so they weren't entertained.
Rob.

Mr_will
22-04-2009, 09:37 PM
if you want a trader account, pay for one.

if youre not prepared to pay for one, dont rip off the businesses who do, by advertising your business without paying.

Tinter
22-04-2009, 09:50 PM
if you want a trader account, pay for one.

if youre not prepared to pay for one, dont rip off the businesses who do, by advertising your business without paying.

Sir,
You obviously haven't read clearly my pre post nor had the intelligence to understand my willingness to contribute financially.
Please read again and retort when you fully comprehend the offer.

Mr_will
22-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Sir,
You obviously haven't read clearly my pre post nor had the intelligence to understand my willingness to contribute financially.
Please read again and retort when you fully comprehend the offer.

'Sir', you displayed no notable willingness to contribute financially, and in none of the 16 posts you have made on this forum is such an intention evident.

Please retort when you have reviewed your own posts and realised that you are talking out of your posterior.

rossw
23-04-2009, 01:59 PM
The side body protection mouldings would have been great but I never saw a decent photo of them installed so I waivered on them.

Here's my VTi with side protectors:

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=147&pictureid=753

I got them to stop the shopping trolleys. It's worked so far, just like my tiger repellant:)

23-04-2009, 05:33 PM
wow!! \\if you need the add on frill from the front i have 1 :p

rossw
23-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Nah. The strips are painted. They are grey underneath, and made of the same plastic as the bumper, so if you hit a corner, you haven't gained anything. Door dents from trolleys and careless children are another matter.

FitRS
24-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Tinter you got pm..

preludacris
29-04-2009, 05:18 AM
if it were me, window visors, and black leather red stitching shift boot and knob would be pretty high up the list.

Tinter
29-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I didn't consider this from the option list as there is no red inside the vehicle I'm buying.
IMO it would seem at odds and lost with the rest of the internal colour scene.

I've had the visors before on 2 other cars and found them to be fairly useless other than for cosmetic enhancement.

FitRS
29-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't really like the visors tbh. Detracts from a cleaner smoother look of the car.

Tinter
29-04-2009, 07:10 PM
About the only things I didn't tick in the accessory box were the corner bumper protectors and the carbon fibre grip handles on the outside.

I'll see how it looks in the flesh without them and will decide later.
Rob.

rossw
29-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't really like the visors tbh. Detracts from a cleaner smoother look of the car.

I'm with you on visors. I can see why you would want them if you had some aversion to using your air conditioning, but they remind me too much of the old perspex weathershields, formerly beloved of government fleet buyers and creator of whistling noises.

3riC
06-05-2009, 09:20 PM
i'm in the market for a new jazz vti-S soon too, and i think i'm gonna go nuts with the accessories. just wondering if anybody would have a price list of the accessories?

Tinter
06-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Well saw it for the first time today and it looks simply fantastic and like no other Jazz off the showroom floor.:p
Couple of small things to be corrected before delivery which will probably be on monday.

Small dent on the door sill of the front driver's door and a small amount of paint off the top of the driver's front door surround.

The car looks great and the big surprise is how good the side door mouldings look.
I'd totally recommend them but they should be there in the first place and so to the rear spoiler.

The front foglights look a bit of a bold statement and set the front off well.

A surprise was the carbon fibre on the doors.
The accessory brochure shows it as a narrow strip about 12 mm wide going along the full length of the arm rest but this is not so.
It's the whole depth and width and the photo reflection doesn't show it clearly as it is.

The foot pedals are very small too but nice and the ambient lighting is very subtle.

In your face is the large section of carbon fibre on the glove box...don't know about that yet but I guess we will get accustomed to it.

The console is fabulous and a worthy addition and I couldn't believe how well the carbon look on the exterior mirrors is.

That looks so good I'll probably add the outside door handle grip protectors once again in carbon.

My solar film will be a super high performance Madico USA "Onyx True Black" 35% legal tint all round and I'll do that after delivery. Far better than the dealer aftermarket offering.

One thing I have erred on is the specified carpet set.
There are 2 types and the one I hope is added is the set with the driver's heel area covered in rubber for better wear.

Glad to be the guinea pig here on this forum with all the mods but Honda does need to get more lifelike photos of their parts with better photographic quality.

Photos soon.

Regards,
Rob

FitRS
06-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Photos are a must :P

3riC
07-05-2009, 11:34 AM
didnt know the jazz can have ambient lighting....is it possible to chose colors?

Tinter
07-05-2009, 06:55 PM
didnt know the jazz can have ambient lighting....is it possible to chose colors?

I'm not sure on that but ours have the orange glow from Honda Australia.

I think I might have seen OS where you can get another bulb colour like blue.
Anyway when we get it, I'll have a better in depth look at it for you.

The car is creating quite a stir of admiration from the staff at the dealership who have seen it hidden in the back somewhere.

Rob.

MZ3
07-05-2009, 09:00 PM
LOL, you like adding every extra onto every car dont you?

You did the exact same with the Mazda 2 Genki

3riC
07-05-2009, 11:26 PM
hey how come u didnt get the Door Still Garnish? tho too bad it only comes in Blue illuminate

if it can match the color of the Accent Light Set it'd look so cool

Tinter
08-05-2009, 07:37 AM
LOL, you like adding every extra onto every car dont you?

You did the exact same with the Mazda 2 Genki

Sure did an it's the ultimate Genki and we love it.

Tinter
08-05-2009, 07:41 AM
hey how come u didnt get the Door Still Garnish? tho too bad it only comes in Blue illuminate

if it can match the color of the Accent Light Set it'd look so cool

I'm such a perfectionist that I couldn't put up with the miss match of the sill light to that of the ambient lighting...it doesn't make sense to have 2 different colours.

And the daughter has the scuff plates on her Genki and the rubber surround keeps on getting kicked off.
They've been replaced once under warranty and the the next lot is doing the same....pain in the butt I can do without that's why I didn't buy them.
Rob.

3riC
08-05-2009, 09:40 AM
would u be able to provide a cost breakdown of your accessories? i'm trying to estimate the cost of my soon to be first car! :)

Tinter
08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Honda Oz don't publish price lists for accessories and I suppose that has something to do with the exchange rates fluctuating all the time.
Plus my cost is at a motor trade level which is generally 15% less than retail then there is labour fitting which I'm told is done in increments of half hour lots.

It's a darn lot if you want a hamburger with the lot but hey what the heck?
Rob.

10-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Can't wait for the pics Tinter..

FitRS
10-05-2009, 06:55 PM
If you're after individual prices. You can always call up your favourite dealership's Parts Department and ask for the price of individual pieces.

As you might guess they are expensive.

Tinter
10-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Can't wait for the pics Tinter..

A few more hours guys.....I took the carbon fibre door grip handles over on Friday and hopefully they will be fitted tomorrow morning being delivery day at noon.
Rob
Car Tint

Tinter
11-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Guys,
Here it is at last.

The car looks great and drives very nicely.

A couple of slight disappointments.

The first being a scratched windscreen on one side due to dirt and grit probably wiped with the wipers before any water was on the screen.
This could have happened in the holding yard where these cars come off the boat and sit out in the elements for who knows how long.
They will supply me another but I'm wary of any aftermarket local screen fitter doing more damage than what it's worth.
After all these screens have to be cut out and seals and mouldings may never be the same again as the perfect fit from the factory.

I've noted the problem to the sales guy and service manager and I'll decide whether to live with it or not at the first service.

One crooked carbon fibre door grip handle too and a bit of a scratch mark on the dash....all noted.

Make sure before you take delivery of any new car that you inspect it meticulously before being handed the keys.

The ambient lighting isn't much in reality and I could live without this accessory.
All it is is a tiny 5mm hole that emits an ever so tiny glow and not worth the very expensive cost IMHO but hey it's there now.

The side protector body mouldings look fantastic and I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.

(Sorry for the high resolution pics.)

Rob.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8391/img2615u.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3515/img2618s.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2902/img2622c.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8633/img2630p.jpg

rossw
11-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Interesting that your fog light switch is on the dashboard. I thought they were normally on the steering column stalk?

M@lew
11-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Maybe try resize the pics and click for larger? Makes it easier to read.

dyljoy
11-05-2009, 10:03 PM
no, mate, from my exprience, Honda's design always like that, even 08 Accord V6L.

Interesting that your fog light switch is on the dashboard. I thought they were normally on the steering column stalk?

FitRS
11-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Reszed Tinter's pics & reposted pics for clarity
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8391/img2615u.jpg
http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/3515/img2618s.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2902/img2622c.jpg
http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/8633/img2630p.jpg

dyljoy
11-05-2009, 10:59 PM
thx bro, u done a great job for ppl

M@lew
11-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the resize.

I don't know about the CF mirrors...trying to think if they're ok or out of place.

power_of_dreams
11-05-2009, 11:14 PM
no, mate, from my exprience, Honda's design always like that, even 08 Accord V6L.

not always.

EG5[KRT]
11-05-2009, 11:34 PM
love the pics :D

the rear wing is growing on me ..... i definately should have gotten the fog lights though :(

FitRS
11-05-2009, 11:39 PM
;2260959']love the pics :D

the rear wing is growing on me ..... i definately should have gotten the fog lights though :(

I agree fogs on the VTiS are the win.

You can always get them done with your dealership.

rubyjazz
12-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi M@lew,

when you remove the mat on the driver side, is there slippery plastic underneath? I'll try to post a pic.

Also the alarm/immobilizer, is it hanging out at the back of the driver seat. I'll post pics again.

The fogs look nice but it seems to be just a bolt-on type housing.

Does the center console armsrest/rub up against the driver armrest of the VTI-S?

rubyjazz
12-05-2009, 05:04 PM
here's the mat/plastic underneath
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3337/3524960876_0f39a41b95.jpg?v=0

Here's the dangling alarm (i think - lifted the mat to show)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3390/3524960716_74de9e3658.jpg?v=0

Armrest area: (height question) since the driver already has an armrest
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3612/3524960542_a50c781327.jpg?v=1242111829

Tinter
12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
thx bro, u done a great job for ppl
Thx FitRS for the resizing.
The armrest doesn't foul the original armrest on the auto VTI-S as it is totally removed and a plastic cover plug goes into the driver's seat where the original once was positioned.
Rob.

Tinter
12-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Be aware that there are 3 sets of mats for this Jazz.

The rubber ones of which there is only one kind fully moulded and 2 carpet sets.

The upmarket set is the type I selected with the plush cut pile in grey as per the photos.

The other alternative is a black set of carpets with a ribbed section where your heals would sit.
It is not a rubber insert as I was under the impression but when we compared the 2, we felt the grey looked nicer.

Also the attachment system holes in the floor ARE DIFFERENT so be mindful of that too.
The holes are different in size.

Rob.

rubyjazz
12-05-2009, 09:53 PM
the grey fits ur jazz perfectly. I got the black carpets. But the plastic on the driver side only is attached to the flooring making it slippery with or without the mat. i don't see holes in the floor.

rubyjazz
12-05-2009, 09:56 PM
does the plastic cover come with the armrest/console? hmm. So you need to remove it in order to add the center console/armrest.....

Tinter
12-05-2009, 10:00 PM
the grey fits ur jazz perfectly. I got the black carpets. But the plastic on the driver side only is attached to the flooring making it slippery with or without the mat. i don't see holes in the floor.

I couldn't stand the original slippery floor excuse from Honda and had to have it carpet covered as one of the first things to have.
I actually reckon it felt dangerous as it was too slippery.

Another point about this car that I never recognised till we drove it out of the showroom is the external mirror's convex image that purposely distorts the view to make it wide angle.
Man that takes some getting use to.
Rob.

dyljoy
12-05-2009, 10:07 PM
I think u may spend some time to visit ur local dealer about ur concern, even a call can help, cheers

Tinter
13-05-2009, 07:47 PM
does the plastic cover come with the armrest/console? hmm. So you need to remove it in order to add the center console/armrest.....

Correct.

Tinter
27-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Adding more to the Jazz..... the OE side corner bumper protectors front and rear colour coded.

Problem.........these parts are only suitable for the basic model bar and not a VTI-S sports bumper set up!!!!!

The parts box comes with no fitting instructions for starters but I was able to procure written instructions via parts department.

Next....the fitting paper template bares no resemblance to the bumper of the VTI-S.

Further....any fitting has to be done by eye alone.
These bits will go on but not in the position required especially with the rear as the sports bumper bulges out more from the vertical.

In saying so I have seen one set fitted to a yellow VTI-S in Sth Morang Vic and that's where I got the idea to buy them myself.
They did look great and I wish I had have had a camera on me to determine where the dealer had fitted the parts.

Photos to come later when I decide where to install them.

Just be aware owners.
Rob.

tiksie
15-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Sublime reported.

Tinter
31-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I've now added a set of titanium coloured Modulo Jazz wheels to it....certainly looks different.

Golf_R
01-06-2010, 02:31 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40906814@N03/4656103475/