PDA

View Full Version : heat shield box around the pod filter for 96 accord

mr_vti_s
23-04-2009, 11:36 PM
has anyone try to put a heat shield box for your pod filter? cause i got a sri intake, and planning to put a heat shield box to it. has anyone try this before? please give me your opinion. thankss:honda::honda::honda:

xcwizit
28-04-2009, 08:46 PM
has anyone try to put a heat shield box for your pod filter? cause i got a sri intake, and planning to put a heat shield box to it. has anyone try this before? please give me your opinion. thankss:honda::honda::honda:

Why didnt you buy the K&N flat panel? good performance and inside standard box so no suck in hot air..
:cool::cool:

mr_vti_s
28-04-2009, 10:57 PM
sad to say when i got my car i year ago the original flat panel filter is gone n replace with a pod filter, do you know where i can get them?

Element12
29-04-2009, 01:43 AM
sad to say when i got my car i year ago the original flat panel filter is gone n replace with a pod filter, do you know where i can get them?

To get a K&N panel filter ? any auto shop really can order them in for you, eg: Repco/Autobahn can special order them in if they aren't in stock.

As for original piping, try a wreckers. eg: Honbits/Hontoys :honda:

mr_vti_s
29-04-2009, 07:07 PM
To get a K&N panel filter ? any auto shop really can order them in for you, eg: Repco/Autobahn can special order them in if they aren't in stock.

my bad i didnt make my sentence clear:thumbdwn::zip:, i was trying to say is the WHOLE box of the flat filter is gone. n replace with the pod filter.

Element12
30-04-2009, 06:12 AM
i was trying to say is the WHOLE box of the flat filter is gone. n replace with the pod filter.

try a wreckers. eg: Honbits/Hontoys :honda:

If your after the stock box :thumbsup:

mr_vti_s
30-04-2009, 02:30 PM
ok cool. fair enough ill just how i gooooo wif this.. cheers

FAT VTI
01-05-2009, 10:46 AM
LOL the question was a heat shield box not "how do i go back to a stock box with a K&N filter inside".

Relax, the guy has an sri, not a stock box, it makes little difference to cd5s which set up you have (dependent on the filter ofcourse).

U should make ur own heat shiled box, or get additional piping made to make ur setup a CAI in which case it is hidden and u don't see it, therefore no need for the box.

mr_vti_s
01-05-2009, 06:21 PM
just an update about this thread i found some piping in autobarn n decided to buy it, like FATVTI said.. but then another question, what if its raining? so water will go the pod then to the engine? any mods to prevent that?

saikou27
01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
water shouldnt get sucked up into your engine as long as u dont drive in 4m deep puddles:P

BUN-135
01-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I have a full CAI and water doesn't get into the filter or the engine

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w156/BUN-135/9.jpg

mr_vti_s
02-05-2009, 11:55 PM
DAMN nice cia!!!! well im just worried that the water might go in thats all. well case close now ill buy those pipe first thing in the morning!!! thank heaps loving this forum!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::honda::honda ::)

Element12
04-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Yep, sorry i misread the question FATVTI :P

Yeah, I've had a similar setup before both SRI and CAI i was initially worried about driving in wet weather too, but it never proved to be a problem driving in the rain, as Saukoi27 said just don't plan on 4x4'ing through 4m puddles :P

All i found was the filter would get a little dirty but you can always buy another pod or get a washable filter or get a recharger kit which K&N do.

mr_vti_s
04-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Yep, sorry i misread the question FATVTI :P

Yeah, I've had a similar setup before both SRI and CAI i was initially worried about driving in wet weather too, but it never proved to be a problem driving in the rain, as Saukoi27 said just don't plan on 4x4'ing through 4m puddles :P

All i found was the filter would get a little dirty but you can always buy another pod or get a washable filter or get a recharger kit which K&N do.

do you have to make any whole around the pod filter where it sitting so the air will go in on that place? (like the tire wall or on the bumbper?

Element12
04-05-2009, 04:31 PM
do you have to make any whole around the pod filter where it sitting so the air will go in on that place? (like the tire wall or on the bumbper?

Nah, i never did, i just took out the std piping and the air resonator that sits in the gap where the pod goes, as seen in Bun135's photo he posted.

Air runs through that gap easily enough anyway imo :P

mr_vti_s
04-05-2009, 10:41 PM
ok nice nice. im going to do this project this wed cause i go t day off.. hahaha

Element12
06-05-2009, 04:14 AM
ok nice nice. im going to do this project this wed cause i go t day off.. hahaha

Goodluck, if you need a hand removing the air resonator, search the forums or google it ! :P

FAT VTI
08-05-2009, 09:54 AM
haha the good old air resonator.

your going to need a 12mm spanner for 1 of the bolts which u will strain ur back under ur car getting to.

mr_vti_s
10-05-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10501&stc=1&d=1241934875

just an update about this thread. here is the final setup i come out wif. thanks for all the help!

bumper
11-05-2009, 09:34 AM
pic doesnt work..

typesaccord
11-05-2009, 09:01 PM
i have a 1994 accord with h22a and im looking at doing the same thing .i have looked at the space and it looks easy to put a panel down the side of the battery and then a top/lid over it using the inner guard /engine bay for the rest of it it will take some skill but if you are good with hand tools then you should be fine , and i think that it will be the best setup in the long run , no water and no hot air with the added flow of pod filter and 3inch intake pipe (way better than stock box /pipe !! :wave:

mr_vti_s
11-05-2009, 10:29 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10529&stc=1&d=1242044931

mr_vti_s
11-05-2009, 10:31 PM
its weird cause i attach this image from my last post.. anyway there

FAT VTI
12-05-2009, 09:50 PM
i have a 1994 accord with h22a and im looking at doing the same thing .i have looked at the space and it looks easy to put a panel down the side of the battery and then a top/lid over it using the inner guard /engine bay for the rest of it it will take some skill but if you are good with hand tools then you should be fine , and i think that it will be the best setup in the long run , no water and no hot air with the added flow of pod filter and 3inch intake pipe (way better than stock box /pipe !! :wave:

What the hell are you on about?