PDA

View Full Version : CL9 6'' Front speaker

jooneth
24-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi guys,

I know there have been some discussions about CL9's front speaker, but I am still not clear as to what the size and which product I should get. I've been hearing that it's 6'' but some are saying Euro's front speakers are smaller than the actual standard 6''.
So for those who KNOW for sure or have insalled their front speakers, could you please list some of the brands and model for CL9's Front Speaker?
I am interested in Boston speakers and my budget is around 300-400. Also, if anyone know any of the boston products that would also fit, please share your knowledge.

EuroSteve
24-04-2009, 03:22 PM
When I installed my SPZ-60's, I had to make up my own spacer.

More details here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80668&page=5

EuroSteve
24-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh, and this thread should be helpful also: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81596 (this is when I was initially looking at the Pro60's, but found they wern't going to fit (well, without hacking my door))

tony1234
24-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi guys,

I know there have been some discussions about CL9's front speaker, but I am still not clear as to what the size and which product I should get. I've been hearing that it's 6'' but some are saying Euro's front speakers are smaller than the actual standard 6''.
So for those who KNOW for sure or have insalled their front speakers, could you please list some of the brands and model for CL9's Front Speaker?
I am interested in Boston speakers and my budget is around 300-400. Also, if anyone know any of the boston products that would also fit, please share your knowledge.
I've got some old Boston Rallys in my Euro.I didn't install them but i think you'll need some form of spacer.Get the Bostons they're brilliant speakers.:thumbsup:

jooneth
24-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Oh, and this thread should be helpful also: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81596 (this is when I was initially looking at the Pro60's, but found they wern't going to fit (well, without hacking my door))

hey, thanks mate. Will check that post out.

jooneth
24-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the tip.
Yeah, I've been hearing Bostons are pretty good. And I only have one day to purchase and install them so I am thinking of getting it done by the ppl at Ryda or Strathfield. How much do you reckon the installation would cost????

jooneth
24-04-2009, 04:38 PM
so the PRO60 didn't fit? was it because it was too big?
I really want to get Boston Splits, but the one you have is beyond my budget and I wanna spend max 400 including installation. Can u recommend any other Boston Splits that would fit? I rang Ryda and they said installation would cost around $120 so prolly somewhere around $250~300 ish splits?
Thanks mate.

EuroSteve
24-04-2009, 05:06 PM
I didn't physically try to install the Pro60's, but if you look at my post you'll see I made a 100% size template, and from what I could work out, they wern't going to fit.

However, an experienced installer that does this stuff all day long would probably be able to make them fit. It all depends how far you want to go modifying your car. For me, I didn't want to hack the factory hole or modify the inner door panel.

IIRC, the Pro60 tweeters were also too large for the factory tweeter covers, so you'll either need to modify the covers, or mount your tweeters on the dash/pillar.

Bigpauly2788
25-04-2009, 10:23 AM
some 6" splits come with spacers look into that too.