PDA

View Full Version : side mirror smashed.

werks
25-04-2009, 01:50 PM
hello,
after leaving my car in a side street last night,
i came back to find my mirror cracked. only the glass has cracked, the housing is fine.
im just wondering if its possible to just buy the mirror and replace it,
or do i have to buy the whole thing?
and where to buy it.

JDM-EGG
25-04-2009, 01:53 PM
pretty sure u gotta buy the whole thing .. just go to a local wrecker or the traders section and find some EK mirrors , should be easy and cheap to find. or if u want go Spoon Replica mirrors , off JDM YARD or other traders they look hot.

this wat i did wen my mirror got smashed parking my car .. was pissed !

IMO , SPOON MIRRORS FTW ! LOOKs HOT

shadou
25-04-2009, 01:57 PM
yes you can get the mirror replaced, if it's electrical is the operation still fine ?
As far as I know all honda car's are optioned to have only the mirror replaced whilst some Toyota's or all need the housing, I cracked my dads avalon and costs me $30 to get a fabricated one from a glass shop while toyota wanted $2xx for a new unit....
not sure but try hitting up a glass works shop and ask, behind the mirror are a few clips here and there and a plastic ball joint, not sure if they can just glue it over the existing one or not.. or Honda

JDM-EGG
25-04-2009, 02:25 PM
LOL ! ur better off buying a second hand side mirror for like 20 bucks ? easy and simple

gluing another mirrors onto ur old one is awful,! LOL

if not go spoon mirrors

werks
25-04-2009, 02:48 PM
yea everything is fine but the glass,
electricals still working.

jdm-egg, how much did u get your mirrors for?

JDM-EGG
25-04-2009, 03:12 PM
yea everything is fine but the glass,
electricals still working.

jdm-egg, how much did u get your mirrors for?

hey mate , go to traders section and look for JDM YARD , they have it for 120 or sumthing atm + postage.

hope this helps :)

Raztaz
25-04-2009, 10:25 PM
ther was some guy on ebay selling EK side mirrors for $40 (pair), not sure if its still up though

shadou
26-04-2009, 02:09 AM
Toyota mirrors are like that though it has some form of adhesive holding the mirror on, plus I'm talking small spots not the whole back part so if say another accident were to occur the amount of surface that was glued on would be at a minimal and would be easy to scrape off again.

redefine
26-04-2009, 12:42 PM
my mate got some mirrors off ebay posted for about 30 total. all you need is some aryldyte and you can put it on easy.

i just did it the other day with him

akira
27-04-2009, 03:05 PM
happened to me a while ago when i parked my car at the carpark. you can order OEM side mirrors from honda but its going to cost you about $150 for a pair. However the price might go up because of the drop in dollar. The other option is to call up local honda wreckers and see if they have any. I'm sure you can get it cheaper from them or else go spoon!