PDA

View Full Version : ED6 Civic suspension, guidance required

Kawasaki
30-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Hi all :wave:

My lil :honda: Civic its abit slowish these days, my poor d15b shopping cart motor just doesn't produce a whole lot of power. I was thinking of doing a b16a swap or just importing an EF8/9, this brings me to my question. Plain and simple can I use EF suspension, eg. coilovers, on my ED with a few mods or is it just a big fat NO? If not does anyone know any good coilovers for an ED?

Cheers

Setanta
30-10-2004, 09:36 AM
EFs have different mounting points on the lower rear struts to the EDs - fronts are heavier to support the B16A and the firewall forward redesign. The good news is that EFs share the same wishbone as the ED so the fronts will mount up fine.

For an ED, koni do a coilover setup (or used to). Check with whiteline - they should be able to sort something good out for you. BTW - do you mean coilover or height adjustable? If coilover, most companies will have a setup no worries.

Kawasaki
30-10-2004, 10:41 AM
thx. well i wouldnt mind something adjustable for track/road use. How did you get your sir into australia... as yours doesn't fall under 15 year rules? I would love to own an EF :P

Setanta
30-10-2004, 03:48 PM
It was already in the country when I bought it - about 2 months apparently. You don't want to own one... parts are a bitch ;)

Rufes1
31-10-2004, 10:13 PM
I was thinking of doing a b16a swap

narrrr dont do that :) lots of better options ;)

As for suspension, I put KYB energy gas in mine with kmac springs. its quite stiff and a lil bumpy. Produced a few more rattles then I had before. If you want to go coilover then yeh im pretty sure whiteline can supply you with a koni set as Pete said :wave:

mytoycivic
01-11-2004, 10:10 PM
I was thinking of doing a b16a swapp

yeh go ZC/D16a8 like me :D