PDA

View Full Version : S200 rev limit adjust

CRXer
25-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Anybody know if u can adjust the engine rev limit(ie top rev limit,8500rpm or whatever engine may be) manually on the S200,even if it is not overidden on the ROM,or can it only be done on the ROM?

CRXer
26-04-2009, 06:02 PM
hmmmm,s200 users seem rare round these parts.....

also,will RE4 render the blue box clutch switch terminals redundant,so u have to input to ecu instead? & in such case can u invert the input to normally closed instead? also can the bluebox clutch inputs be inverted?

got a motor with s200 & 4k rpm rev limit happening with no apparent input from the bluebox clutch input & no ability to change manually any rev limits.

TODA AU
26-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Sorry... No...The rev limit is adjusted via the ROM chip only...
Launch limiter is also via the ROM - enabled via the S200
Clutch switch (gear change ignition cut) setup is via the ROM - enabled & wired via S200
If clutch switch is used, launch limiter is also via clutch switch.

4k rev limit means the code is not acepted.
The S200 has a comunication error (broken wire - cable or plug)
Or the unit has failed.
Check J12 is cut on the main board as this can also cause problems with comunication.
Hope that helps.
Cheers

Adrian

CRXer
26-04-2009, 06:50 PM
thanx adrian,just heard back from him just then,& the rev limit has magically disappeared:confused:

possibly just tryin to trace so many wiring faults in the car & powering/depowering the ecu upset it temporarily.

the interface cable seemed ok,didnt disturb it too much,possibly loose inside the ecu or somethin...

CRXer
26-04-2009, 09:25 PM
ummmm yeahhhhhhhhhh..........

just one more thing adrian,does that comms failure include a rom thats not seated properly or is it just bluebox to ecu failure(or J12 thingo)?

i assumed bad rom seat would go to limp mode(3500rpm isnt it???) with the J1 jumper linked.

ECU-MAN
27-04-2009, 08:42 AM
sometimes reprograming the ROM with the original Binary can get rid of some bizar things the S200 does.

CRXer
27-04-2009, 02:23 PM
cheers john,will keep that in mind,but i aint got no burning gear & car has new owner so who knows where the bin is stored(Adrian i assume?).

the more i read into it seems like the whole s200 option took a bizarre path,even reliability issues aside,no wonder they canned it,glad i spent a little more on the straight usb option.

car seems to have stabilised now,so like i said,prob just us manhandling the ecu upset it temporarily.my job is done,so hopefully people wont be pissing on my name attached to the inside of a toilet bowl when it comes in for a tune & somethins not wired correctly:p