PDA

View Full Version : Vafc

BLK220
30-10-2004, 08:35 AM
hey ppl....
just a quick question,
Will the Apexi VAFC II fit into a 94mdl civic vti?
i have a friend witha type R and he is selling the car, but said will sell VAFC II seperatly... if it fits, i know it wont do a great deal as my engine is a small version, but for a good price... nothing to loose?

Cheers Guys!

ABZY
30-10-2004, 09:20 AM
hey dude, i could be wrong but i think they'l fit onto any model, and from what i heard there well worth the money, i'm lookin into gettin one as soon as i can find one cheap hahaha let us know how ya go. :thumbsup:

geo41e
30-10-2004, 11:03 AM
from what l've heard it will fit

also, from what i heard, doesn't really help..coz i "think" it just shifts ur vtec engagment point???

Muckafutha
30-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Hi...i heard this somewhere but u may want to verify it with other forumers. Im assuming u have a sohc vtec engine with three stage vtec. It seems a safc works better for sohc engines.

And a vafc does not just shift the vtec point, it allows minor tuning of the air/fuel ration i tink...hence the name vtec air fuel controller

BLK220
30-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks heaps guys...
ill have to look into a SAFC if what ur saying is accurate, cos i just assumed
being a vtec it would suit a VAFC, hopefully someone with some more info will
help us out....
yes ur right Muckafutha, its a sohc vtec

thanks guys

Nuttz
30-10-2004, 07:37 PM
get it if its cheap!! if its a dc2 it should work with your car, u just need to find wiring diagram. You'll need to tune it on a dyno aswell, cos if u just change settings and dont know what u doing u could blow up your motor.

Setanta
30-10-2004, 07:58 PM
I remember one of the tech heads here posting that it's great... if you can afford the repeated dyno time ot recalibrate it when it's settings get lost by the self-adjusting standard ECU (the AF aspect that is). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I may have misinterpreted the post.

I know spunkymunky sold hers out of her VTiR 'teg for that very reason.

Muckafutha
31-10-2004, 09:44 PM
I thot the problem with the memory of the vafc was rectified in the new version. if its the vafc2 i dun tink there will be a problem? Am i rite?

edw-R
03-12-2004, 01:56 AM
It should fit your car. The vafc2 is better the old vafc. But you should tune on dyno. Good luck!!