PDA

View Full Version : 87 Civic

Missy
30-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi I just got an 87 civic and was wondering if anyone knew a cheap place near newcastle to get a decent exhaust put in (something with a low/deep sound none of this motor scooter sounding crap) and if you can get any body kits for it around or if it has to be custom work....

*-*JEN*-*
30-10-2004, 02:13 PM
For an exhaust just buy a cannon from autobarn for about 180 n take it to Lilfords at Thornton hel fit it for about 60.

Setanta
30-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Assuming you mean exhaust and not muffler, skip the cannon, just get a 1 3/4 inch mandrel bent system made up and a high flow sports muffler and a nice chrome tip. Retro > cannon rice ;)

Body kits are limited as mugen made one - but that's about it unless you go hunting in the US. There is the limited edition "Grand Prix" front bumper - makes it a bit more aggressive, but finding one isn't easy. The other alternative is to track down the JDM Si bonnet and bumpers for a smooth look.

bumography
01-11-2004, 03:17 AM
i strongly oppose cannons on hondas'..but thats just me .
i used to have a cannon on each side.. back in the days when i didnt know better .:lol:.
i think u should stick to your stock muffler and just ad a nice subtle looking tip on
keep it quiet =)

Missy
01-11-2004, 03:33 AM
Meh I like the sound, went from a nice quiet car to driving a pulsar ( same car lol ) that sounded loud and deep and to me anyway it actually felt nice to drive, atleast when you put your foot down anyway :p so would like something similar on this thing.

bumography
01-11-2004, 03:39 AM
well it'd get annoying..
especially on long drives.
LOL
enough talk, post some pics of your ride.. and yourself ! LOL

mytoycivic
01-11-2004, 09:44 AM
:O bumography, this is not an online dating site lol!

but yeh post pics lol

Missy
01-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Think I mgiht put off the full system for a while as wallets taken a hit and i wont be able ot get everything else i want if i put extractors and a mandrel system in so just stick with the muffler no matter how ricey it may seem to ppl :p so anyone know if the Cypher Nemesis Sports V2 Muffler is any good... says low to medium tone but just how low is the medium?

I also find it funny most the online stores i find selling it are selling it for $220 - $260 when the ppl that make it only sell it for $125 lol

And what about the sound of a 3A Racing Venturi Slant Tip Muffler, it says deep rich sound but though doesn't really mean it doesn't sound like a lawnmower lol. And know anywhere selling it less then 200 bucks....

Also will i need anything else to install it onto the civic since the one thats on it is horizontal so the end and tip wold be facing the side not rear... or will whoever i get to install it have a corner pipe or whatever you call it to get the end pointing out my ass :p

Tried to find some places with sound samples around but can't find any, I know my bf was at one online store years ago that had heaps of muffler test sounds but we can't seem to find it...