PDA

View Full Version : AWD conversion

Punisha00
26-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi guys i have donw aa few searches on here and the newest i could find was 2005 and i was talkin to FASTFWD and he said there is a guys that have done it, so my question is there anyone here that has done or has info on the CRV awd conversion?

trism
26-04-2009, 02:35 PM
well you havnt searcehd hard enough

also, what car are you talking about? i mean your profile lists car as "b16a". do you just drive an engine around?

we need more info if you want any sort of help

also, dont just search ozhonda, use google and searcht he entire internetz

Punisha00
26-04-2009, 07:37 PM
dont be confused by my question its not can it be done its has anyone on here done it? i no it can be done, and its not the fitment i m worried abt so my car is of no point to the question but no i do not drive an engine around to ease ur mind.
But if u have done this conversion my question is wat power r u running? and have u upgraded any of the crv driveline?
does any no the hp rating for the rear diff??

to my understanding the crv driveline is effectively a FWD that becomes AWD wen u lose tracion(so does that mean no power goes to the rear until that power) or did i misunderstand and its an AWD that moves more power to the rear until tracion is gained in the front?

saxophonias
26-04-2009, 09:39 PM
It has been done several times. There are a few you tube videos of powerful AWD civics. In fact there have always been AWD civic editions meant for snowy countries. They only had d-series engines and their AWD wasn't too sophisticated either. Still it can be quite helpful when it comes to boosted engines

Phased
27-04-2009, 01:35 AM
I believe if you search hard enough you will find that there was an AWD model Integra with I think a D series engine. If that's of any help.

As for an answer to your specific question, No I'm not aware of anyone on here that has done it. Dave in the United States (from Team-Integra.net) that has done a Mid Engined, RWD Integra conversion. However, thats the only one I know of.

Moey.C
27-04-2009, 01:56 AM
well you havnt searcehd hard enough

also, what car are you talking about? i mean your profile lists car as "b16a". do you just drive an engine around?

we need more info if you want any sort of help

also, dont just search ozhonda, use google and searcht he entire internetz

do you just drive an engine around? HAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHA