PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium Radiators

djaddam
27-04-2009, 01:28 PM
hey guys just a question i have an ek 98 wondering if i could put a bigger radiator in like a DC2 radiator rather then a normal ek radiator....if dc2 doesnt fit is there another radiator that would fit thnx and i would like to know if there would be a difference in performance because its a bigger radiator...

ksl
27-04-2009, 01:40 PM
i don't think you can fit a bigger radiator, unless you relocate your radiator mount.

but i m not totally sure

02gzm
27-04-2009, 04:19 PM
You can fit a full size radiator but you will lose your air con. Just get a quality half size radiator.

Limbo
27-04-2009, 07:26 PM
you can get the full size ones & they will fit without have to cut or chop, but you will need to adjust the seating of the a/c.

in a b16 just a thicker core alloy one will be enough, even in boosted situations.

OMG.JAI xD
27-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Get a dc2 front conversion and then you can run full size radiator without aircon mods. =]

IMO. Your half sized is sufficient.
There are heaps of highly boosted applications using a thicker half sized aluminium radiator.

Limbo
27-04-2009, 11:10 PM
i've never heard of a dc2 front conversion on an ek????
Are you sure this is possible?

Get a dc2 front conversion and then you can run full size radiator without aircon mods. =]

IMO. Your half sized is sufficient.
There are heaps of highly boosted applications using a thicker half sized aluminium radiator.

VTECMACHINE
27-04-2009, 11:54 PM
If it's a daily driven car, and you drive it in traffic... do not bother with an aftermarket aluminium radiator like a KOYO. It heat soaks, and the water temps go really high.
Just stick with OEM, if you don't ever track your car.

Limbo
28-04-2009, 10:52 PM
yeah have to agree with clay, the alloy radiator draws the heat from the engine to cool down the engine, that's the whole idea of the radiator

lil_foy
29-04-2009, 10:14 AM
The water flows through the radiator to cool it down.
If their isnt enough air blowing on the radiator the heat will overcome the cooling efficenty and start to raise water temps.

More surface area=more effort to cool down once hot.

VTECMACHINE
29-04-2009, 02:46 PM
LOL isn't the purpose of a radiator to be heatsoaked???? If it wasn't it couldn't remove any of the bad old heat.:confused:

yeah I didn't mean it like that. and ahh can't explain it, brain hurts. Point is, stock radiator is better in traffic. lol