PDA

View Full Version : Which one will you choose? Gruppe M or Injen kit

ksl
27-04-2009, 05:23 PM
My car is the Vti-S GD3, Planning to upgrade to some better intake from k&n panel filter,

I have try the Gruppe M on a DC5, they sound very good/ solid, and response much faster.

Injen is few hundred dollars cheaper than the GM, and they have many good review about it.

So which one you will choose for the Jazz?

Thank You:D

kongfu
27-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Nothing special from Gruppe M and Injen for 1.5 jazz honestly to say.

save $ for turbo kit : )

M@lew
27-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Go for the cheaper option (i.e. the Injen) because they're both have very similar gains. Unless of course you like the Gruppe M design/brand etc, then if you afford it might as well aye. :D

ksl
27-04-2009, 07:21 PM
i'm more into the performance, even though I love the Carbon really much haha

Anyone here use INjen for the GD3?

M@lew
27-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I had one but sold it a few weeks ago. Only used it as an SRI as didn't have time to put it in as a CAI but didn't have any problems. :) Sold it because I got my hands on a TODA CAI.

kongfu
27-04-2009, 07:36 PM
not much gain from intake for jazz..no need to spend $ oem is pretty good.

Poeter
27-04-2009, 10:31 PM
I've got gruppem.

It improve response very well. However I got it during good old days when exchange were good. No it's just not worth it all.

vippy84
27-04-2009, 10:38 PM
gruppeM at any day.

hondajazz2005
27-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I had one but sold it a few weeks ago. Only used it as an SRI as didn't have time to put it in as a CAI but didn't have any problems. :) Sold it because I got my hands on a TODA CAI.

where did u get it?i thought toda is not making them anymore?

M@lew
27-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah they aren't I got lucky and picked one up 2nd hand. :)

ksl
28-04-2009, 12:59 AM
I've got gruppem.

It improve response very well. However I got it during good old days when exchange were good. No it's just not worth it all.

When the vtec kick in, do they have similar sound like the dc5?

M@lew
28-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Not for the Jazz. :) It'll get louder as the revs increase, but it won't have the b-b-b-bBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA of a DC5R.

XP02ED
28-04-2009, 05:21 PM
do u have photos of the intake installed, i havent personally seen one in a FIT! got me curious now

M@lew
28-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Which intake?

XP02ED
28-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Gruppem offcourse

kongfu
28-04-2009, 07:46 PM
do u have photos of the intake installed, i havent personally seen one in a FIT! got me curious now

you selling gruppe m and you never seen gruppe m intake installed?

www.xposed.com.au

if you are trader pls register as trader no need to search for buyer on every forum:zip:

XP02ED
28-04-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm specifically talking about it on th FIT which like I said I haven't seen it on one personally.

Last time I checked I didn't advertise on my last posts.

kongfu
28-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm specifically talking about it on th FIT which like I said I haven't seen it on one personally.

Last time I checked I didn't advertise on my last posts.

http://shop.xposed.com.au/hondafitjazzgd12340108-p-81.html

you got it on your website:D

chkn
28-04-2009, 09:54 PM
i had the fujitta short ram intake on my car, it had a wonderful sound, and i gained about a 20% increase in response and power! i got mine directly form the usa, it is exactly the same as the injen, just a different name! they look very nice in the engine bay, but they are very annoying to fit.

heat soak is also a very big thing with pod filters, unless you go for a cold air intake, then you get to the point where the engine has to really suck cold air through a very long pipe.

i would suggest to invest in a good box type filter, or a pod with a good shield around it, and a cold air pipe from the bumper to the pod! the jazz has a very small engine bay, and if you decide that you want a strut brace or a after market battery like me, the intake doesn't fit as well as it should any more!

if you live in the city, a pod is your worst enemy! alot of time sitting traffic puts hot air into the engine, causing a huge loss in power! and more noise, means more police action, (unless you like that??)

M@lew
28-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I agree that SRI's are very tight fit. When my Injen was in, it was pretty much touching the battery or at least very close. But if it's designed for our cars it should fit (unless you have an aftermarket battery like above, then it would depend on the intake design.)

Poeter
28-04-2009, 11:14 PM

Sure.

http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pq6skYqJ0m-ev9ymgcNMkqneII1DbPxnyRYBnHzl3u3DfRkZfsK9uf5RuGTgz mgiEX2rjnExy1PI

http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pq6skYqJ0m-eWYuvOUyVHVFmg3OLSMjeEJ-8L2P3SGEumHVwczbGSF9GON8_r0-_AI1GthxXZl1I

Sounds best with a good exhaust combo - J's racing axleback and spoon bpipe
http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pq6skYqJ0m-dq_AB-1Jo7lxpJJPpnmZVwemUaFTV7IRREUaNmjGoPT1MXyOpyc0bwV1 iU8H1jC6E

http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pq6skYqJ0m-dwZRczVl5tlAypR4THmNQ4acz4d4b1PGhmiXZT-uhniVuTgyXj_ynV4h3yMe5_xg4

M@lew
28-04-2009, 11:19 PM
God damn I really want that axleback, but just got an X-Force N1 which is quite a bit louder than my Spoon street and that's already a bit noisy. haha.

XP02ED
28-04-2009, 11:21 PM
http://shop.xposed.com.au/hondafitjazzgd12340108-p-81.html

you got it on your website:D

If you want to be smart ass maybe re-read what i said.

that picture is from http://gruppem.co.jp/matching/products_search/details_en.php?goods_id=6567 if you have a look

and if you read i said i havent seen one personally.

Sure.

WOW that looks nice, do you have a sound clip of crossover?

Poeter
28-04-2009, 11:28 PM
God damn I really want that axleback, but just got an X-Force N1 which is quite a bit louder than my Spoon street and that's already a bit noisy. haha.

Spoon street looks nice.

It's looks sporty and yet factory like. Unfortunately it was more expensive than the j's racing ti muffler. So yea, Go figure. lol

Spoon street was stainless steel after all.

Sorry xpo2ed, I wish I had an video clip but i couldn't find anyone to help me film LOL

But, here's my J's racing clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc-DQa-8mLg&feature=channel_page

By the way, this was like a year ago. I haven't had the spoon bpipe yet.

kongfu
28-04-2009, 11:30 PM
If you want to be smart ass maybe re-read what i said.

that picture is from http://gruppem.co.jp/matching/products_search/details_en.php?goods_id=6567 if you have a look

and if you read i said i havent seen one personally.

WOW that looks nice, do you have a sound clip of crossover?

I dont mind about your offensive remarks, however i did know you never seen gruppe m intake for jazz in person as you mentioned. whats the point of it?you wanna upgrade your website gruppe m pic for jazz by requesting photo or you just wanna get more attention so that ppl can buy gruppe m from you?:zip:

M@lew
28-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Spoon street looks nice.

It's looks sporty and yet factory like. Unfortunately it was more expensive than the j's racing ti muffler. So yea, Go figure. lol

Spoon street was stainless steel after all.

Feel like like trading? haha. I wanted a bit more noise and have had the Spoon Street for a bit now, which is why I got the XForce for cheap just to satisfy my craving. I was going to buy a J's Racing muffler from AJ racing a couple of months ago, but couldn't bring myself to spend it on an axleback, especially since I already have the Spoon one. Bought a sound system instead. :cool:

Poeter
28-04-2009, 11:40 PM
If you were in Sydney, we coulda swap around occasionally lol

I just went Wakefield Park Monday. Seriously combination of gruppem + spoon bpipe + J's Racing Ti muffler was astonishingly great. They have made me forget that I wanted to upgrade to an EP3

kongfu
28-04-2009, 11:43 PM
If you were in Sydney, we coulda swap around occasionally lol

I just went Wakefield Park Monday. Seriously combination of gruppem + spoon bpipe + J's Racing Ti muffler was astonishingly great. They have made me forget that I wanted to upgrade to an EP3

Poeter are you the one with white ce28n j attack rims?

i saw the pics of your ride with eddy yellow one last time..

jazz is a fun car indeed but gonna release the potential by aftermarket tuning parts:D

have you done brake upgrade when u go to wakefiled?

XP02ED
28-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I dont mind about your offensive remarks, however i did know you never seen gruppe m intake for jazz in person as you mentioned. whats the point of it?you wanna upgrade your website gruppe m pic for jazz by requesting photo or you just wanna get more attention so that ppl can buy gruppe m from you?:zip:

no type R, if you re-read my posts your the one who advertised for me so obviously i grabbed yours.. good one bud

kongfu
28-04-2009, 11:45 PM
no type R, if you re-read my posts your the one who advertised for me so obviously i grabbed yours.. good one bud

what u talking about?if you wanna spam go to lounge:zip:

Poeter
28-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Poeter are you the one with white ce28n j attack rims?

i saw the pics of your ride with eddy yellow one last time..

jazz is a fun car indeed but gonna release the potential by aftermarket tuning parts:D

have you done brake upgrade when u go to wakefiled?

yea that's me.

nah didn't do brakes. I dont think it needs it. Getting better pads and fluids was good enough.

It was my first time there, so i marked 1:21. I think the car should get better times if I learn the track more. But I was just having fun the day, so it was all good.

I'm hoping to get my uncle's spare recaro sr3 from the dc2r to hold me better the next time I go Wakie again.

kongfu
28-04-2009, 11:51 PM
yea that's me.

nah didn't do brakes. I dont think it needs it. Getting better pads and fluids was good enough.

It was my first time there, so i marked 1:21. I think the car should better if I learn the track more. But I was just having fun the day, so it was all good.

I'm hoping to get my uncle's spare recaro sr3 from the dc2r to hold me better the next time I go Wakie again.

1:21 for first time not bad mate,:thumbsup:

what pads you runing atm?also street or semi used on your first wakefiled trackday?

mind to share?

Poeter
28-04-2009, 11:55 PM
endless sss + adrenalin re001 195/50/15

Again I bought sss pads like during the good yen exchange rates.

I've never tested stock pads on the track before so I'm not sure if it really made good difference. However, I do feel stock pads aren't so bad if you don't brake so hard.

kongfu
28-04-2009, 11:58 PM
endless sss + adrenalin re001 195/50/15

Again I bought sss pads like during the good yen exchange rates.

I've never tested stock pads on the track before so I'm not sure if it really made good difference. However, I do feel stock pads aren't so bad if you don't brake so hard.

i feel oem pads are crap,im thinking to upgrade to PMU BBK but still asking myself whether its worth it or not.

good braking system really make big difference.

I think if you running semi slicks plus good brake you will get at least 4 sec quicker.

Endless SSS is pretty much street oriented pads. try Dixcel Type Z or Project Mu HC+ if you got chance to go next time.

Poeter
29-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Yea might try dixel if budget permits. I heard it cost $280. Price sounds scary for just pads and as a consumable.

Otherwise I might try benedix. Jacky Yick (the guy who owns the red EK proconcept race car) told me they're ok for track but cheap.

Since I'm still in the novice phase for braking, I may stick will cheaper pads for now. When I get better with my brake pts, I'll definitely consider investing more on pads. I don't think I'm using my brakes to its full potential yet since it doesn't seem like I'm braking hard enough to complain.

kongfu
29-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Yea might try dixel if budget permits. I heard it cost $280. Price sounds scary for just pads and as a consumable.

Otherwise I might try benedix. Jacky Yick (the guy who owns the red EK proconcept race car) told me they're ok for track but cheap.

Bendix which spec you talking about?

yes Dixcel Type Z is about $350 plus mark but they are really good same as PMU HC+ series.

good braking will make you feel more confident at least you feel the difference compare to previous track day.:thumbsup:

Poeter
29-04-2009, 12:14 AM
I can't remember but I will find out when my current pads die.

I've been to marulan and wakefield, so far pads is still surviving well I think. So I think it'll be a while til then.

kongfu
29-04-2009, 12:17 AM
I can't remember but I will find out when my current pads die.

I've been to marulan and wakefield, so far pads is still surviving well I think. So I think it'll be a while til then.

maybe you are too gentle to brake?

if you do late brake on track i mean shorten your braking distance, you will find whether your pads biting is good or not.

Poeter
29-04-2009, 12:26 AM
yea I do think I'm very gentle on brakes. So I will need to work on that. Hopefully get another second or 2 when I get into it.

kongfu
29-04-2009, 12:33 AM
yea I do think I'm very gentle on brakes. So I will need to work on that. Hopefully get another second or 2 when I get into it.

Good luck!

Got full spec of your jazz?

full exhaust, gruppe m what else/

Poeter
29-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Not really full exhaust yet as I left header and cat untouched. I haven't heard anyone provide any positive feedback on aftermarket header and cat.

Other mods, I've got
-Tein super compacts
-J's racing front strut
-CE28 15x6.5 +39

No further plans for now. I was supposed to be saving up for an ep3 as my 2nd car.

kongfu
29-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Not really full exhaust yet as I left header and cat untouched. I haven't heard anyone provide any positive feedback on aftermarket header and cat.

Other mods, I've got
-Tein super compacts
-J's racing front strut
-CE28 15x6.5 +39

No further plans for now. I was supposed to be saving up for an ep3 as my 2nd car.

awesome list with high quality gears:wave:

ksl
30-04-2009, 02:56 AM
yea that's me.

It was my first time there, so i marked 1:21. I think the car should get better times if I learn the track more. But I was just having fun the day, so it was all good.

1.21 is good time, i only managed to get 1.25,