PDA

View Full Version : Ep3 Civic issues

white_ep3_civic
27-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi every1 just bout an ep3 civic and have found a few problems with it. The engine mount on the drivers side blew, there is a grinding sound when at low revs and the fuel gague is faulty. The questions I want 2 ask is are these common problems with ep3's and if anu1 else has experienced any other problems with their ep3?

EP3EVA
27-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Hi every1 just bout an ep3 civic and have found a few problems with it. The engine mount on the drivers side blew, there is a grinding sound when at low revs and the fuel gague is faulty. The questions I want 2 ask is are these common problems with ep3's and if anu1 else has experienced any other problems with their ep3?

got a video of the grinding noise your talking about? how k's have you done already? how faulty is the fuel gague?

SuperSteve
27-04-2009, 07:35 PM

engine mounts are a common problem. They seem to go aswell on the dc5. I had issues with my steering rack which my mechanic easily fixed up.

SuperSteve
27-04-2009, 07:35 PM

with this grinding noise. U hear it when u are accelerating from stand still ?? How about when turning ur steering wheel ??

NightRyder
27-04-2009, 07:43 PM
dude, where did u get ur civic from?..also, there is already an EP3 thread with all the hints, tips, gossip and meets in there. Please discuss this in that thread. That is where we the EP3 members live! :D

Do I sound like a Mod now? :)

SuperSteve
27-04-2009, 08:56 PM
dude, where did u get ur civic from?..also, there is already an EP3 thread with all the hints, tips, gossip and meets in there. Please discuss this in that thread. That is where we the EP3 members live! :D

Do I sound like a Mod now? :)

hahaha yes paul. Im scared please dont delete my post haha

Perry
27-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Post deleted reason spam lol jokings

hisoka
27-04-2009, 11:29 PM

talk to Mugen_b16B, his so gangster his got mugen mounts

Nepolian
28-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Driverside mount is weakend due to movement from passenger side mount. Just get a new set of mounts.....many on market to choose from, but make sure you get what you want. Some are very firm and cause vibrations through the car!

Your fuel gauge proplem is probably caused by a broken fuel pump saddle inside the fueltank.....you need to elaborate what you mean by "faulty".....ie never works, drops real quick etc.....

Grinding sound can be anything atm....need to describe it more!

Mugen_B16B
28-04-2009, 10:30 AM
ur problem is ur mounts, i had exact same problem so i changed to innovative mounts and all sweet now, and the grinding noise is ur steering rack, a common problem aswell although its annoying its just noise and wont do any more damage then that, just need to remove the seal and regrease it

NightRyder
28-04-2009, 07:32 PM
hahaha....

btw, thought I saw you and your misses in parra westfields on sunday?

hahaha yes paul. Im scared please dont delete my post haha

SuperSteve
28-04-2009, 07:50 PM
hahaha....

btw, thought I saw you and your misses in parra westfields on sunday?

HAHAHA u saw me ?? why didnt u say hi ! !

NightRyder
28-04-2009, 08:02 PM
I wasn't sure if it was you at first, I was on the other side of that level...thinking 'hey do I know that dude?'...you did look familiar but by the time I realised, you had already gone. :)

I was in a rush anyways so didn't have time to hunt you down..LOL.. :P

HAHAHA u saw me ?? why didnt u say hi ! !

SuperSteve
28-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I wasn't sure if it was you at first, I was on the other side of that level...thinking 'hey do I know that dude?'...you did look familiar but by the time I realised, you had already gone. :)

I was in a rush anyways so didn't have time to hunt you down..LOL.. :P

hahaha nps :D o welps we catch up next meet :thumbsup: which hopefully is soon

Sorry thread creator for hijacking thread lol

NightRyder
28-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, sorry thread creator..hahaha. :D

white_ep3_civic
30-04-2009, 08:05 AM
No I don't have a video sorry. It does it anytime at low revs, usuallybetween 1500 - 2500 rpm. Sounds lyk somethin is loose. The fuel gague show full then after 150 k's drops 2 half then another 100 k's shows empty. The car only has 62000 k's on it.