PDA

View Full Version : Spring compressing in Melb!

kzilla
27-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi guys,

Who does spring compressing in Melbourne? Have you done it before?

Thanks

trism
28-04-2009, 02:24 PM
i know youre asking where to get it done, but myself, and alot of other people here would highly recommend AGAINST doing it

FastFwd
28-04-2009, 02:44 PM
It will probably be cheaper for you to find someone selling some second hand lower springs if thats what your looking for. Which will be safer, a much better ride and will probably cost the same or less than compressing your springs.

IEVAQ8
28-04-2009, 03:01 PM
suspension centre resets ur springs to desired height. he is in sushine area

kzilla
28-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Its the Whiteline low (controll) rear springs for a genIII crx, i want to get Superlow but unfortunately whiteline has stop making them.

FastFwd
28-04-2009, 04:23 PM
ohh you wanna make them a little lower?

kzilla
28-04-2009, 08:29 PM
ohh you wanna make them a little lower?

Yes! Just a little lower.

FastFwd
28-04-2009, 11:17 PM
ohh yer just get em compressed then....

Lukey
05-05-2009, 09:51 PM
chop em

:p

krogoth
06-05-2009, 01:01 PM
chop them and then compress them, lol

sell them and get some super low kings...u wont be out of pocket by much

better and safer option

95civic
06-05-2009, 01:22 PM
i am also interested in this, anyone know how much they cost to compress? If its too much i will chop them.

EuroAccord13
06-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Nelson @ Racing Project might be able to help you with it....

OR....

Just put some sandbags in the car and you have a set of height adjustable springs!

Sir_vtec
07-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Angle grind it? quickest and cheapest solution.

Seriously, but why compress it? Compress it too much and it would probably wear out your shocks quicker then the life expectancy your shocks were suppose to last for, so be careful how much you get it compress. Spring rate would probably change too and sudden the ride quality might become rather bouncy. If i were you i would look at aftermarket springs which have already been compressed and get suitable aftermarket shocks for lowered springs.

If you are thinking of compressed springs on oem shocks; its is a 'NO NO'. After compression your springs might not even be captive properly between the top mounts and shock perch and you could get the spring slipping from the perch if it wasnt done properly.

SiReal
07-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Angle grind it? quickest and cheapest solution.

Seriously, but why compress it? Compress it too much and it would probably wear out your shocks quicker then the life expectancy your shocks were suppose to last for, so be careful how much you get it compress. Spring rate would probably change too and sudden the ride quality might become rather bouncy. If i were you i would look at aftermarket springs which have already been compressed and get suitable aftermarket shocks for lowered springs.

If you are thinking of compressed springs on oem shocks; its is a 'NO NO'. After compression your springs might not even be captive properly between the top mounts and shock perch and you could get the spring slipping from the perch if it wasnt done properly.

we have a set of king springs lows on a accord, it was same height as stock. so we've put around 60kgs in the boot to help it settle. if it still doesnt get low enough , we will compress them (for extra 1" lowering) for the following reason

1. the bottom of the spring is a tapered design, hence u cant chop the bottom
2. the top of the spring is a flat design, hence u cant chop them as well.

so the only way to get it lower is to compress.

will be used with konis and as a cruiser so i dont believe there be any risks involved.

Nic, can you pm me with a contact? Racing project, what is that and where?

Sir_vtec
07-05-2009, 05:37 PM
But wouldnt compressing the spring cause it to be stiffer and depending on how much you decide to compress it you could get a abit of a bouncy ride?

SiReal
08-05-2009, 09:15 AM
But wouldnt compressing the spring cause it to be stiffer and depending on how much you decide to compress it you could get a abit of a bouncy ride?

could be, who knows with compressing springs haha.. its a set of kings and they're as soft as egg shells already so a little stiffer won't hurt the back. and if we screw up, its only another $160 to get another pair. Not too bad.

we're only compressing 1/2 to 1 inch so i don't believe the negative effects will be too dramatic. The spring is as long as an OEM spring.

Lukey
08-05-2009, 05:48 PM
could be, who knows with compressing springs haha.. its a set of kings and they're as soft as egg shells already so a little stiffer won't hurt the back. and if we screw up, its only another $160 to get another pair. Not too bad.

we're only compressing 1/2 to 1 inch so i don't believe the negative effects will be too dramatic. The spring is as long as an OEM spring.

you shoulda just got super lows or even lower, ultra lows

gach2
11-05-2009, 02:53 AM
95 civic DONT EVER CHOP YOUR SPRINGS
NOT ONLY ARE YOU PUTTING YOURSELF IN DANGER YOU ARE PUTTING MOTORISTS AROUND YOU IN DANGER

if you think your lifes not worth $300 for lowering springs
think about others whose are