PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in Cape Town South Africa?

95civic
27-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Hello all,

Wondering if anyone here lives in Cape Town South Africa?

I have been looking high and low for a certain manifold for my civic and have found a guy that makes them in South Africa. The web page is pretty basic and they dont take Paypal or use ebay etc. They only payment type is credit card or direct deposit into their account. Sounds a little risky to me.

If anyone lives in Cape Town, South Africa, I am willing to pay them for their service to go and pick up the manifold from the supplier and send it to me in Aus, just to make sure I actually get it. I can pay via paypal.

Please contact me if you are able to help out.

Thanks

eght
28-04-2009, 04:35 PM
ur gut feeling is probably right. they're probably running a scam like the lottery scams run by the nigerians.

what manifold are you after?

Q_ball
28-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Yepz, steer clear mate.
Way too risky!

CB7_OWNER
28-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah , what type of manifold you looking for that can't be custom built in australia or bought from the states?

paps02
28-04-2009, 05:33 PM
south africa have hondas? lol!!!

scam.

why would a company set up without pay pal if they know they will be getting ppl from the states and aus and jap possibly buying their product.

95civic
28-04-2009, 05:41 PM
I am after a Delorto 40 manifold for a D15.

The reason why I am asking if anyone lives there is because I want somone to check it out for me. And I would like to talk to them about possibly helping me out with getting something from there IF they are genuine.

Red_EG4
28-04-2009, 09:06 PM

scam.

why would a company set up without pay pal if they know they will be getting ppl from the states and aus and jap possibly buying their product.

South Africa isn't a completely backwards country.
I think I remember a S.African signing up with a CL9.

ddxsamx
28-04-2009, 09:45 PM

scam.

lol serious post? o_O
http://www.honda.co.za/main.aspx?id=50&tid=1&cid=1

It does sound a bit risky to me that is, direct debiting to someone overseas that you already suspect is dodge. :thumbsup: