PDA

View Full Version : ECT sensor calibration

Chris_F
28-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm wiring an aftermarket ECU into my accord euro (k-series engine).

I have a question about the Honda Engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor ...

Does anyone know what sensor voltage outputs = what temperatures?

or

Do you know what brand the OEM honda ECT sensor is? (that way I can find calibration information based on the brand of the sensor)

Any help is appreciated.

CRXer
28-04-2009, 04:40 PM
how many points is it asking for?

i think some diagnostic scanners will give both temp & voltage.

if not find someone with a datalogger(kpro or similar) & just measure the voltage drop across the ect at what ever temps u require,

or pull sensor out (still connected & ign on) put in pot boiling water with thermometer & read off the voltages as the temp drops.

all u'll get off the specs sheet is maybe a resistance graph,in which u'll have to know the current to equate the voltages.

ur looking at something along the lines of 5V = -20degC, about 0.6V = operating temp(about 85degC), 0.1v & less = 120degC+

Chris_F
28-04-2009, 07:28 PM
^ thanks for your help mate, appreciate it...

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to take the measurements myself and I just found out I won't have to...

I contacted the manufacturer of the ECU I'm using and it turns out that the Honda ECT sensor has the same voltage outputs as a Standard Bosch NTC sensor. In the ECU software there's an option to read this type of sensor so that makes things nice and simple.