PDA

View Full Version : Endlink Rubbing LCA

dudeling7
28-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I just found out that my End link (stock Dc2 one) is making slight contact with my dc2r lca's. im running an ASR brace, ITR 22mm sway bar and ITR LCA's with Buddy club coilovers. do you think switching to adjustable end links will solve the problem because it looks like the stock ones are rather fat, thus an aftermarket one would give more clearance?

Sydsyd
29-04-2009, 01:10 PM
what do u mean by making slight contact? on which part?

i use ITR rear swaybar with ITR rear LCAs and ASR, no problems at all other than the swaybar itself hitting the exhaust axle pipe (had to relocate the pipe a bit higher to clear the bar)...

dudeling7
29-04-2009, 06:09 PM
sorry i should have made it clearer...

ok so the end link connects the swaybar on one end to the LCA on the other end. in between the connection it sometimes rubs the LCA as there are some marks on the LCA. im not sure exactly why this happens, if its to do with ride height or if i need to change my end link to something smaller to the OEM one.

dudeling7
30-04-2009, 01:30 PM
actually i think i found out i just need to add a few washers between the endlink joint on the LCA to space it out a few more mm's

anyone done this before? ive heard of a few people doing it.

Phased
01-05-2009, 12:01 AM
actually i think i found out i just need to add a few washers between the endlink joint on the LCA to space it out a few more mm's

anyone done this before? ive heard of a few people doing it.

In my old integra, when installed according to Whitelines guidelines. The swaybar would rub the actual LCA itself. Switching it around will solve the problem, however causing major Exhuast/Bar clearance issues.

The only issues I had with the whiteline endlinks were: They sent me endlinks in the kit that were 30cm long... I'm not kidding, they looked like they were for a truck. Also they were noisy at times, nothing that a uninstall/lube and re-torque didn't fix. Annoying though, the joys of modification. ;)

I've also installed on a few other cars, and they didnt have any clearance issues. Either ITR/VTi-R endlinks. Usually aftermarket kits come with spacers in them though, possibly for this reason.