PDA

View Full Version : Si or Vti?

DooshDoosh
13-11-2003, 02:01 AM
I am currently looking for a EG civic Vti although im having trouble finding a good one for around $9000 :(
So im thinking maybe I should go for a SI
What engine would cope better if I gave it a nice thrash every so often :twisted:
When the SOHC VTEC kicks in.. can u actually feel the power increase? or does it just make a different sound?
Also, would i be better off saving up a the extra cash for a Vti or just stick with a Si?

thanks fellas :)

Weq
13-11-2003, 02:20 AM
lol seriously dude -- http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=798&highlight=si+vs+vti

With SOHC VTEC you dont really feel a kick in the bum. You hear and feel the car chnage in behaviour though - power continous smoothly increase and sound changes to a hi-pitched whirl - and it will basically wind the needle down to 7500 in a second or 2.

I payed $11,500 for my VTi around 9 months ago, best money ive ever spent (market value was 13,500). Never had a single prob with it, 127k ont he clock when bought, 136k on the clock now.

Only real difference apart from the engine's is the VTi gains a sunroof. Personally i love it, use it 100% of the time when i drive. Anyways, all this info is covered in the above thread. Please have a read of it and come back here with some new questions.

Setanta
13-11-2003, 06:49 AM
Wyn: get rid of the search function - it's obviously never going to be used :roll:

DooshDoosh
13-11-2003, 08:16 AM
:oops: sorry guys..
Maybe i should use the search function every now and then hey :wink:

Thanks for the link anyways,

cheers