PDA

View Full Version : Best brand of brakes for Civic 2006/2007

drunkntigr
28-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Anybody have some suggestion for some decently priced brakes for the 06/07 Honda Civic.

How are the stock/Honda brand brakes?

I don't want the el-cheapo, but a decent trusted brand that all of you would use.

Waternmo
29-04-2009, 12:26 AM
i would go RDA slotted, well priced, used in my old car, great for daily driving + a few track days! had DBA slotted and i think they are over rated... and its over priced too, it actually cracked during one of the track day (warm up lap) but now, i would prefer the Dixel brake discs, around the price of DBA but much better in quality!!!

for brake pads, u cant go wrong with endless... or there's a QLD made brake pads call QFM, had them in my old car, very cheap! but high quality! low brake dust, low rotor wear + 0 - 780 workin temperature!!!

aero
29-04-2009, 01:45 AM
waternmo, ur gonna have to share with all of us other brisbane guys where to get these awesome items when u get back!

.k.
29-04-2009, 10:14 AM
+1 to aero, the honda stock brakes are crap unless u do that thing where u brake really hard to stop them glazing.. being a nub i didnt know this so now when i brake it makes a really annoying sound - waiting on my service centre to get parts so they can fix it for me :)

JOhnnyFD
29-04-2009, 11:57 AM
brembo? spoon? ap?
i dont know if they make em for FDs.. havent really looked into em yet

i know that mugen have got slotted brake discs and typeS pads, not calipers.. and its $$$

when looking at brakes (disc, calipers, pads) it would be one of my last major mods

.k.
29-04-2009, 02:06 PM
only mods for my brakes are gonna be changed to new oem stock and possibly paint calpiers =P rice that shit upppp

black8thgen
29-04-2009, 06:26 PM
yea all im gonna do is just paint calipers haha.. btw when do we hold on the brakes really hard to stop them glazing? everyday before driving off in the morning?

90LAN
29-04-2009, 06:30 PM
OEM get a set of jdm fn2r brembo brakes

aftermarket go endless

.k.
29-04-2009, 06:39 PM
hey lan, are fn2 brembos straight swap into fd or need to be modded to fit?

and you only need to do it 2/3 times.. drive upto abt 50-60 then brake hard-ish (dont lock-up, and dont stop) then speed up and brake again and shud stop the noise. if u do have it just tell ur service centre

90LAN
29-04-2009, 06:41 PM
hey lan, are fn2 brembos straight swap into fd or need to be modded to fit?

and you only need to do it 2/3 times.. drive upto abt 50-60 then brake hard-ish (dont lock-up, and dont stop) then speed up and brake again and shud stop the noise. if u do have it just tell ur service centre

well its the same car same 5 lug offset
if you get the the whole arm and hub
i cant see why not
correct me if any one knows better

VTECMACHINE
29-04-2009, 06:51 PM
After trying out the following for brake pads on my DC2R (Used with Project Mu SCR PRO rotors, Spoon calipers, APP lines, and NEO racing 5.1 fluid): Project Mu (Level Max 500 and 700), Endless (SSS, SS-M, CC-X, MX72), OEM Honda, Dixcel (Type M), Winmax and Bendix ultimate. Would rank them the following.

1) Endless - WAY above the rest. (CC-X, MX72, SSS, SS-M)
2) Dixcel Type M
3) Project Mu (500 then 700)
4) Winmax
5) OEM Honda
6) Bendix Ultimate.

For Rotors... the Project Mu SCR-Pro's have been amazing... but the heat coating wore off them pretty quick, then they just started warping. Dixcel Rotors are really good, and Touge Tune supplies them at a great price. Endless rotors, I have not used on my car, but have driven cars with them, hey are great too.

So my conclusion is, that overall... Endless have the best braking components for the price you pay. Yeah, Endless takes the cake for me, and I would not use anything else for pads.

Hope that helps.

black8thgen
29-04-2009, 07:02 PM
hmm, but should i do it even if i dont have any noises? like to prevent it from glazing? so i just do it like ONCE in total? but in that one time repeat the process 2-3 times?

and thats some good info ^^^^^. =]

90LAN
29-04-2009, 07:14 PM
After trying out the following for brake pads on my DC2R (Used with Project Mu SCR PRO rotors, Spoon calipers, APP lines, and NEO racing 5.1 fluid): Project Mu (Level Max 500 and 700), Endless (SSS, SS-M, CC-X, MX72), OEM Honda, Dixcel (Type M), Winmax and Bendix ultimate. Would rank them the following.

1) Endless - WAY above the rest. (CC-X, MX72, SSS, SS-M)
2) Dixcel Type M
3) Project Mu (500 then 700)
4) Winmax
5) OEM Honda
6) Bendix Ultimate.

For Rotors... the Project Mu SCR-Pro's have been amazing... but the heat coating wore off them pretty quick, then they just started warping. Dixcel Rotors are really good, and Touge Tune supplies them at a great price. Endless rotors, I have not used on my car, but have driven cars with them, hey are great too.

So my conclusion is, that overall... Endless have the best braking components for the price you pay. Yeah, Endless takes the cake for me, and I would not use anything else for pads.

Hope that helps.

endless for me too

.k.
29-04-2009, 07:38 PM
i rkn do it about 2-3 times and you'll be safe. so drive upto 60; brake pretty hard but dont lockup and dont stop. accel back upto 60 and repeat process 2 more times and u shud be good to go :)

black8thgen
29-04-2009, 07:57 PM
ahh i see. sweet thx for that mate =]

FallenAngel
01-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Currently got on Spoon EK9 pads custom fitted on the front and oem on the rear. Spoon pads are amazing, they need to warm up a little but when they do they grab... Bearly any brake dust and does not squeal at all. Its taken quite a beating from the track and i'm thinking of going endless next also or possibly EBC green stuff although i'm not sure about that as they eat the rotor like no tomorrow

rk 86 wa
01-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Using endless ccx on my fd1, great pads once warm, a bit sketchy when cold. As far as I know, when I got mine (last year) they didnt have a fd pad in the ccx range so I am using accord Euro pads with a bb4 prelude shim plate (it works! lol). Only criticism is, noise and huge amounts of brake dust, but who cares :)