PDA

View Full Version : ED6 A/C Installation

Henessaayyy
29-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Just after a few pointers to installing the whole air con setup in my ED6. I'm guessing ive got to pull the engine out and bolt everything on?

Help plx!

Spoon-Accord
30-04-2009, 12:11 AM
not really, just find another ED series with aircon and just switch over,

i know u have to remove half the dash to mount the air con thingo(forgot the name)

and yeh install the tubes and stuff for aircon on the firewall, goodluck!

Henessaayyy
30-04-2009, 12:23 PM
cheers :thumbsup:

dAzLr
30-04-2009, 08:27 PM
then u need it gased lol

Henessaayyy
30-04-2009, 10:59 PM
duh fred xD

jdm_b16a
01-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Some assumptions have to be made first:

Did you have AC installed in this ED6 before?

If not, then you need to:

install the AC pump and associated lines/tubes from the firewall - there are two;
install the correct AC belt and tension the pump;
install all parts associated with AC on the radiator;
make sure you have wiring connected to run the fan and monitor the pump;

To install in the cabin you will need to remove the dash, and the two units behind the dash. You will also need to remove the carpet and the thick sound proofing behind it to connect the two tubes/lines to the AC unit, then connect up the dash controls and AC button.

Remember that there is a nut on the firewall in the engine bay (centre of firewall behind engine) that needs to be removed to uninstall the unit inside the cabin. And these are all linked, so you have to start on the left side, remove the unit, then the next unit etc. If you look in my build thread you will see what I'm saying.

You might have gathered that it is not a quickie job. It will take some time, especially putting everything back in. The again, if you had AC before you only need to regas, which is about $90.

Peter

Henessaayyy
02-05-2009, 06:28 PM
My shitbox never had A/C before... Bloody spewing!