PDA

View Full Version : Importing FD2R

ganj3
30-04-2009, 11:17 PM
I was just wondering has anyone thought of importing the FD2R? I was thinking about it but wasn't sure if it was possible

JOhnnyFD
30-04-2009, 11:40 PM
do u have $$$$$$$$ then anythings possible :D

dyljoy
01-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Ya, just like ppl can import new GTR into here before official local release.

Simy
01-05-2009, 01:51 AM
can't import this as it's been sold as the fn2r already

goto prestigemotorsports.com and it says

90LAN
01-05-2009, 06:58 AM
go live in nz for a year there is a few
for around the 40k nz dollars

aaronng
01-05-2009, 08:00 AM
If you are in Australia, you cannot import the FD2R because they already sell the FD2 here. If you declare that the FD2R is a high performance version, they will say FN2R is the high performance local model.

If you want to import the FD2R, get someone overseas who is going to migrate over to Australia to buy one 12 months before moving and he must drive it around reasonably. Then import that over as a private import, which you can then buy from that person.

There are R35 GTRs on import here because they were sold before Nissan officially sold the GTR here. Downside for FD2R is that they released it AFTER the FD2 was sold here.

ekdez
01-05-2009, 09:08 AM
you can import it for race purposes only. no street use.
me and a friend looked into it before.. cant remember much tho.

blasdf
01-05-2009, 11:38 AM
yeah i haven't seen any fd2r's here, but my mate got one in nz after he was impressed with my dc5r.

and r35 gtrs, hmm, already seen 2 in surfers, silver and a black one. i actually thought they were out here, so obviously these ones are imported eh. of course the guy in the black one looked arab, and he nailed it past me the other night so he obviously does have a bit of money, possibly dads??

dyljoy
01-05-2009, 11:41 AM
blasdf, u are so lucky can see new GTR around, I don't see any around Brisbane yet, maybe i should drive around surfers to see them, hoho

Wayne
01-05-2009, 02:00 PM
i wish i can get FD2R.. lol.. =(

90LAN
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
blasdf, u are so lucky can see new GTR around, I don't see any around Brisbane yet, maybe i should drive around surfers to see them, hoho

haha you just have to drive around more
ive seen 3 on the rd
one at willowbank and another at qld race way

dyljoy
01-05-2009, 03:49 PM
ya, have to, hoho

Stig
01-05-2009, 03:49 PM
not these questions again -_-... if we were able to import the fd2r at a cheap price wouldnt you think most of us on the forum would own one? cos i know i would :D

90LAN
01-05-2009, 03:51 PM
aus honda is hopeless and think only about the a-b cars
its all about making money and what they can sell
thats why they brought in the weaksauce uk model

Shuyin
01-05-2009, 04:00 PM
aus honda is hopeless and think only about the a-b cars
its all about making money and what they can sell
thats why they brought in the weaksauce uk model

I agree ...

Unfortunately for us, Honda is a business after all and making the most money possible is probably their biggest concern.

I can't see them earning much by catering for us car enthusiasts alone. At least not with affordable price tags anyway.

Wayne
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
how about we all try to let Honda Australia that we are demanding badly? hehe.. =)

Fung
01-05-2009, 09:11 PM
get a petition happening

gambate
01-05-2009, 10:34 PM
get a petition happening

wont be any use if each signature dont come with a 10K deposit.

Malenic1981
02-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I was gonna get FD2R but it wasn't possible (as a street leagal car), so I decided to go for EP3

hisoka
02-05-2009, 08:20 PM
do u have $$$$$$$$ then anythings possible :D

yep.

theres a real good copy aswell in sunnybank area, white one. brakes and all

dyljoy
02-05-2009, 08:24 PM
haha, ya, saw that one very offen around sunnybank

hisoka
02-05-2009, 08:26 PM
is it real or not, i cant tell to be honest. it has brembos, which most ricers wouldnt bother, and has original tyres and rims. brigestone potenza re01

dyljoy
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
I will look at its inside when park next to him next time, hoho

hisoka
02-05-2009, 08:39 PM
hahaha, lol dont be to sus,

Philip Lee
03-05-2009, 12:48 AM
is it real or not, i cant tell to be honest. it has brembos, which most ricers wouldnt bother, and has original tyres and rims. brigestone potenza re01

i thought original tyres were RE070??

i saw a few FD2R wannabes around sunnybank but none with brembos. need to go out more.

aero
03-05-2009, 12:51 AM
ive seen that around sunnybank and runcorn area. markcivicvti has spoken to the guy and he tells me that it is an fd1 with an r18a, just with all the aesthetics of an fd2r.
what's interesting tho, is that he said the owner of the car was thinking of getting rid of his fd2r kit for a full mugen kit... i wonder how much he might sell that fd2r kit for... lol

aaronng
03-05-2009, 09:29 AM
i thought original tyres were RE070??

i saw a few FD2R wannabes around sunnybank but none with brembos. need to go out more.

That's right. Original tyres are RE070. :thumbsup:

hisoka
03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
That's right. Original tyres are RE070. :thumbsup:

ohh ok~ case solved.

Fung
03-05-2009, 03:38 PM
i think the easiest way to tell between fd1/fd2 against fd2r is the dash XD

hisoka
03-05-2009, 08:43 PM
i think the easiest way to tell between fd1/fd2 against fd2r is the dash XD

most people change it anyway, even down to the CF details

DreadAngel
03-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Reason for the FD2R not coming to Australia was the sheer cost of getting a JDM car complied to ADR standards where as EDM cars generally have a easy way in cause the European standards are deemed higher than Japanese standards.

Philip Lee
03-05-2009, 10:51 PM
most people change it anyway, even down to the CF details

but FD2R has red dash lights tho. surely not easy to change??

hisoka
03-05-2009, 10:55 PM
but FD2R has red dash lights tho. surely not easy to change??

ohh,lol to be honest ive just been looking through window when no ones there. never acutally seen it on. i just noticed they have carbon fibre on there steering wheel or there whole dash. and push button starts etc. didnt think that was normal lol.

ej20i
04-05-2009, 09:08 AM
u can buy all that accesories easy...i got a push button, my bro has carbon dash and carbon steering on the civic vti...man if this guys has a fd2r...gime numbers!!!i wan

Philip Lee
04-05-2009, 10:14 AM
afaik cf dash etc are not standard on the FD2R (push button start is).

anyway i kept pushing my fd to import a FD2R (his parents are Aus citizen and always live in Japan) but he kept ignoring me.....

aaronng
04-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Reason for the FD2R not coming to Australia was the sheer cost of getting a JDM car complied to ADR standards where as EDM cars generally have a easy way in cause the European standards are deemed higher than Japanese standards.

Not in this case though. Honda Australia brought in the DC5R, but because of low sales of a harsh sporty car that they decided not to go for the FD2R and instead sell the Civic Sport. The FN2R on the other hand is more comfortable and is very different with the Civic Sport, which is probably the reason why they complied it.

Philip Lee
04-05-2009, 11:29 AM
also the hot hatch market was booming with XR5/GTI/Megane/Cooper S etc. so Honda wanted to jump in as there is a proven market and they believe FN2R would be competitive.

whereas the $40k performance sedan market was dominated by WRX and FD2R probably will cost more landed with less go and equipment.

in these age, a $40k car with rock hard sussy, only 2 airbags and minimal equipment level would not be easy to sell to non hardcore fans.

90LAN
04-05-2009, 11:53 AM
also the hot hatch market was booming with XR5/GTI/Megane/Cooper S etc. so Honda wanted to jump in as there is a proven market and they believe FN2R would be competitive.

whereas the $40k performance sedan market was dominated by WRX and FD2R probably will cost more landed with less go and equipment.

in these age, a $40k car with rock hard sussy, only 2 airbags and minimal equipment level would not be easy to sell to non hardcore fans.

a fd2r would kill a wrx
its beats a r34 gtr around one of the race tracks in japan
stock for stock
its very much all rounded performance car
but honda aus doesnt like hardcore honda cars
they are pussies all the way
power of dreams my ass lol

aaronng
04-05-2009, 12:13 PM
a fd2r would kill a wrx
its beats a r34 gtr around one of the race tracks in japan
stock for stock
its very much all rounded performance car
but honda aus doesnt like hardcore honda cars
they are pussies all the way
power of dreams my ass lol

Honda Aus doesn't measure performance on a twisty track. They like to measure straight line performance, which is bullshit for what the FD2R is designed for.

So yes, I agree power of dreams my ass. More like Honda Aus telling us "you all can keep dreaming of getting more power".

But watching the video review of the FD2R, it is very very stiff and bouncy on regular Japanese roads. Can't imagine how bad it would be on Sydney roads. I'd imagine anyone would only 1 nut would end up with their 2nd nut dropping into the sack after riding in a FD2R.

aaronng
04-05-2009, 12:14 PM

$40K for FD2R, I'd buy it straight away. $40K for an FN2R which loses to the XR5 ($35k), GTI, Megane R and Cooper S, I'm holding onto my money.

90LAN
04-05-2009, 12:16 PM
it would be like riding in a honda with coilovers really
brisbane rds would love the fd2r

aaronng
04-05-2009, 12:22 PM
it would be like riding in a honda with coilovers really
brisbane rds would love the fd2r

I have coilovers with 10kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear at stiff damper settings. And it is still softer than the FD2R in the review, judging by how much the passengers were boucing up and down on straight road. haha.

Eventhough FD2R's spring rate is soft (I think they are around the 5-6kg/mm mark for front), the damper setting is much much higher than aftermarket coilovers.

Philip Lee
04-05-2009, 12:33 PM
$40K for FD2R, I'd buy it straight away. $40K for an FN2R which loses to the XR5 ($35k), GTI, Megane R and Cooper S, I'm holding onto my money.

that's y FN2R isn't particularly sucessful here.

i'd do exactly the same.

bodaas
04-05-2009, 12:55 PM
full of sht peoples, go eat more shts

FN2R which loses to the XR5 ($35k), GTI, Megane R and Cooper S, I'm holding onto my money.

lol

Sherweeeny
04-05-2009, 04:58 PM

i do not appreciate narrow-mindedness

but each to their own.

Philip Lee
04-05-2009, 05:01 PM

lol

if you love understeer, over ambitious 0-100km/h time then yeah FN2R > all.

90LAN
04-05-2009, 05:10 PM

lol

if you think the fn2r is good
imagine what the fd2r would be
so imagine how bad you are getting ripped by honda aus

NightRyder
04-05-2009, 06:27 PM
But watching the video review of the FD2R, it is very very stiff and bouncy on regular Japanese roads. Can't imagine how bad it would be on Sydney roads. I'd imagine anyone would only 1 nut would end up with their 2nd nut dropping into the sack after riding in a FD2R.

Aaron, I wouldn't say that as I've personally test driven an FD2R when I was overseas, and I must say it drives very nicely, similar to an EP3 I felt.
If you plan to continue to drive above 7.5K RPM then maybe you might feel some stiffness around bends etc, but if are talking about driving daily at normal speeds, then I would say it is quite a nice ride. :)
I was lucky enough to drive it myself for about 30-40 minutes, driving on bitumen surface and a small amount of unsealed road I found it was not very stiff nor bouncy at all. I was quite surprised. Turning corners on sealed road was smooth and it hugged the road. :thumbsup:
Loved the VTEC indicator, I must add! :D

90LAN
04-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Aaron, I wouldn't say that as I've personally test driven an FD2R when I was overseas, and I must say it drives very nicely, similar to an EP3 I felt.
If you plan to continue to drive above 7.5K RPM then maybe you might feel some stiffness around bends etc, but if are talking about driving daily at normal speeds, then I would say it is quite a nice ride. :)
I was lucky enough to drive it myself for about 30-40 minutes, driving on bitumen surface and a small amount of unsealed road I found it was not very stiff nor bouncy at all. I was quite surprised. Turning corners on sealed road was smooth and it hugged the road. :thumbsup:

on the money there
honda has done all the hard work no need for new sussy :thumbsup:

hisoka
04-05-2009, 06:41 PM
how much are they in japan just wondering, for the stripped version~

Philip Lee
04-05-2009, 06:44 PM
around 2m yen i assume.

ekhybrid
04-05-2009, 06:58 PM

hahaha

NightRyder
04-05-2009, 07:00 PM
what?..you're thinking of cutting it down piece by piece and shipping it here and re-assembling it, like those plastic car models?...LOL

You'd be looking around (as phillip lee said) 2 to 2.5M Yen.

TYPE-ONE
04-05-2009, 07:02 PM
theres one in perth.......

ganj3
04-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Really? Whereabouts have u seen it? U got any pics?

hisoka
04-05-2009, 08:24 PM
what?..you're thinking of cutting it down piece by piece and shipping it here and re-assembling it, like those plastic car models?...LOL

You'd be looking around (as phillip lee said) 2 to 2.5M Yen.

nah lol, just wondering difference in price compared to a full interiored one

TYPE-ONE
04-05-2009, 10:27 PM
i havent seen it. Nor do i have pics so i'm not certain. Just been told about it by a parts importer here in WA. Its white. Around 30000kms. Chopped in half and for sale...

aero
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
chopped in half?? lol, ill take the engine from the front half plx :p

aaronng
04-05-2009, 11:59 PM

Thanks for your feedback. How did the car do with road imperfections, the type where the road is worn down by heavy vehicles like trucks and semis?

Did that EP3 have coilovers? I didn't find EP3s to be stiff at all when with the stock suspension.

bodaas
05-05-2009, 01:33 AM
i do not appreciate narrow-mindedness

but each to their own.

i understand because you are full of sht also

well i am not really full imaginative person, fanboy, racer or honda dreamer

i just thinking if you guys reckon fd2R is the god of all honda or the best honda ever built then you should bring one right now and driving one on the road than talking crap

so i can offer my apology that i was wrong

also for hopeless peoples you don't have to be genius to find out if somebody has driven one on the road or not, just simply check local import dealer if you are in sydney like there are so many import shops down paramatta road. You should see fd2R on sale by now and just imagine how many brains or people within population were thinking to bring this vehicle into australia, not 10

prolly 10 dumb peoples i counted so far and i reckon there are more

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2615/vtec31.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vtec31.jpg)

bodaas
05-05-2009, 01:39 AM
if you love understeer, over ambitious 0-100km/h time then yeah FN2R > all.

mate, i drive the car on busy road everyday. It looks like an idiot if i must drive like more than 100 km/h on the corner each time just because i am driving my fn

when i purchased my honda i didnt come to dealership and asking car for track

sound dumbass isnt it if i asked that kind of question

note: you dont drive fN everyday and own one but you seem to know lot of more than i do so thanks for the info

Philip Lee
05-05-2009, 09:57 AM

hahahaha you're the only one on this thread who talk sh!t so we're all full of sh!t and u're not....

i just thinking if you guys reckon fd2R is the god of all honda or the best honda ever built then you should bring one right now and driving one on the road than talking crap

you can't imagine? maybe just grow a brain and u will be able to??

who said FD2R is god of all Honda. we are just saying we wish Honda Aus would bring them in officially.

well done for admitting you're wrong.

also for hopeless peoples you don't have to be genius to find out if somebody has driven one on the road or not, just simply check local import dealer if you are in sydney like there are so many import shops down paramatta road. You should see fd2R on sale by now and just imagine how many brains or people within population were thinking to bring this vehicle into australia, not 10

being so smart like yourself, i suppose u should be aware about the importation rules?? if not, then you're talking sh!t again ;)

Philip Lee
05-05-2009, 10:02 AM
mate, i drive the car on busy road everyday. It looks like an idiot if i must drive like more than 100 km/h on the corner each time just because i am driving my fn

when i purchased my honda i didnt come to dealership and asking car for track

sound dumbass isnt it if i asked that kind of question

note: you dont drive fN everyday and own one but you seem to know lot of more than i do so thanks for the info

so u bought your Type R to pose? or just driving from A to B only?

you are aware what Honda is claiming on the performance? and the marketing spin on being a performance car?

that being the case makes it perfectly normal for people to judge it's performance potential (which is crap). but hey it doesn't bother you becos you bought it to pose and for driving from A to B only.

and i chose not to buy a FN becos it's not what it's claimed to be.

bodaas
05-05-2009, 12:02 PM
i was directing at you the only full of shT people i have ever known

congratulation you win the cyber war

ryanc
05-05-2009, 12:29 PM
calm down bodaas, some ppl dont fn2r is worth the money, whilst others think it is

every1 is entitled to their own opinion, every1 can do what they want with their money

why get all defensive for if someone doesnt think its worth the money?

so long as u enjoy it urself thats all that matters

98vtir
05-05-2009, 12:50 PM
yeah i haven't seen any fd2r's here, but my mate got one in nz after he was impressed with my dc5r.

and r35 gtrs, hmm, already seen 2 in surfers, silver and a black one. i actually thought they were out here, so obviously these ones are imported eh. of course the guy in the black one looked arab, and he nailed it past me the other night so he obviously does have a bit of money, possibly dads??

Yeah I saw one when I was riding home from work (lost my license :P) White one, in Yeerongpilly, Brisbane

Philip Lee
05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
i was directing at you the only full of shT people i have ever known

oh i gonna cry now.

congratulation you win the cyber war

do i win any price?

Philip Lee
05-05-2009, 01:51 PM
calm down bodaas, some ppl dont fn2r is worth the money, whilst others think it is

every1 is entitled to their own opinion, every1 can do what they want with their money

why get all defensive for if someone doesnt think its worth the money?

so long as u enjoy it urself thats all that matters

don't say that, he'll say u're full of sht.

Philip Lee
05-05-2009, 01:54 PM

just checked and the price is 1,690,500 yen including 5% tax but i'd assume no other cost as u can't rego it.

detail here (http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVICTYPE-R/onemake)

bodaas
05-05-2009, 02:08 PM

actually if the FN2 came in CW and LSD, i'd have bought it over the EP3 just to save the hassles with insurance and parts etc.

:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Philip Lee
05-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Lee http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2140801#post2140801)
actually if the FN2 came in CW and LSD, i'd have bought it over the EP3 just to save the hassles with insurance and parts etc.

:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

you decided to leave out 2 very important factors to twist my quotes.
please tell me when i bought my EP3 which was early 2008, where the fcuk was CW + LSD FN2???

no CW & LSD back then so i chose not to buy FN2.

do you follow me??? it is very simple logic really. my 4 yo can understand it.

90LAN
05-05-2009, 03:38 PM

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2615/vtec31.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vtec31.jpg)

if you knew what a personal import was then you would know why there isnt many or any at all in australia
no import yard can bring one in if you didnt know that
so you will be asking and looking for a very long time lol
but you only need a brain to see that the fd2r is alot better in every aspect

geeang
05-05-2009, 03:39 PM
bodaas you are an idiot, FD2R cannot be imported unless it's a private import, so you won't see them at the 'import shops on parramatta road by now'.

NightRyder
05-05-2009, 07:00 PM
I must say I did not drive on surfaces where it was worn by trucks and heavy vehicles, so cannot comment on that.
The FD2R was all stock, so suspension was good and I still have stock sussy's on mine. So I was comparing stock with stock, otherwise I would have mentioned it in my previous comment.
It wouldn't be fair to not state the obvious that would effect judgement. :)

Thanks for your feedback. How did the car do with road imperfections, the type where the road is worn down by heavy vehicles like trucks and semis?

Did that EP3 have coilovers? I didn't find EP3s to be stiff at all when with the stock suspension.

Fung
05-05-2009, 11:13 PM
u can buy all that accesories easy...i got a push button, my bro has carbon dash and carbon steering on the civic vti...man if this guys has a fd2r...gime numbers!!!i wan

ohh i meant not the carbon dash, its the fact that the meter
and the speed indicator(??is that whats its called) is the other way around

FD1/FD2
speed indicator
and then the meter for the rpm

FD2R
the other way around

EK9
05-05-2009, 11:44 PM
i thought this thread would have some interesting things to read... until page 6 appeared, lol.

anyway, at the end of the day like the other guys said, you can't bring in the FD2R unless it's a private import. someone should sticky this line at the top of every ozhonda page to stop this question being repeated over the next 3-5 years... it used to be EK9, now will be the FD2R, lol.

but yeah FD2R is definitely a better car then the FN2R... i'm not saying this from personal experience, only from the opinions/experience/data/info from all over the world. appearance wise, it's a matter of choice... 4dr sedan vs 2dr hatch. but performance wise the FD2R is better hands down... it even performs better then the S2K on track! many videos out there... but i wont open another can of worms... or is it too late? lol

bodaas
06-05-2009, 12:39 AM
bodaas you are an idiot, FD2R cannot be imported unless it's a private import, so you won't see them at the 'import shops on parramatta road by now'.

who said that it can dumbass and haven't you heard the word sarcasm before

so if this hopeless people already knew that they couldnt bring the car here or find it at the import shop then this topic should not be posted so many times

bodaas
06-05-2009, 12:52 AM
you decided to leave out 2 very important factors to twist my quotes.
please tell me when i bought my EP3 which was early 2008, where the fcuk was CW + LSD FN2???

no CW & LSD back then so i chose not to buy FN2.

do you follow me??? it is very simple logic really. my 4 yo can understand it.

you just said it today

ask your 4 yo to read it for you :D

dont talk crap next time and stick with your ep3

case closed

aaronng
06-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Guys, cool down....
closed for now. PM me to reopen when everyone has cooled down.