PDA

View Full Version : bc adjustable coilovers

davoh
01-05-2009, 04:13 AM
does any1 have them on their car???
are they any good?
any positve and negative feedback will be appreciated?

or better off with bigger brand named ones?? eg tein / buddyclub / etc etc etc....

Riced_Civic
01-05-2009, 07:23 AM
there good for the price, i like em, btw this should be in the noob section

davoh
02-05-2009, 09:43 PM
any1 else used them??? anything i should be aware of??
eg. bad ride quality...leaks etc etc etc

morgs202
05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
I just got a set of Ohlins adjustables put on my dc2. OMG THE DIFFERENCE! First coilovers I've ever had though, so cant really comment on what they may or may not be better than...

crazyazn
05-05-2009, 01:22 PM
I have Tein super streets. They are a bit noisy...like they creak, especially after driving round corners hard. I hear Koni are quite good for coilovers but expensive

Ericx
05-05-2009, 03:13 PM
lol Koni Coilovers? i tried asking a quote for fun and i got quoted $2700 for a set. Apparently the application is only for civic's and dc2's, they don't make the ball mounts for Type R. I'm currently on Koni yellows and the comfort is great on medium setting.

doonbar
06-05-2009, 01:00 PM
lol Koni Coilovers? i tried asking a quote for fun and i got quoted $2700 for a set. Apparently the application is only for civic's and dc2's, they don't make the ball mounts for Type R. I'm currently on Koni yellows and the comfort is great on medium setting.

what springs are you using with your konis?

VTECMACHINE
07-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Konis are crap.

If you are after a cheaper coilover... go with HSD's. They are pretty freaking awesome!

davoh
08-05-2009, 06:45 AM
any particular website for them???

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Click HERE (http://www.otomoto.com.au/HDSystems/) for link to HSD coilovers.

davoh
20-05-2009, 03:08 AM
ok ....now comparing between the bc adjustable , the HSD tt series coilover and the tein HA....any suggestion between those 3....

opinions for any 3 of them will lead to my decision of purchase...

thanks

Ericx
20-05-2009, 05:41 PM
what springs are you using with your konis?

Just King springs, forgot if its low or superlows. I wouldn't recommend it. Bit soft on the corners for me.

doonbar
20-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Just King springs, forgot if its low or superlows. I wouldn't recommend it. Bit soft on the corners for me.

yeah i wouldnt go king springs.... i had eibachs sports b4 with my konis.

davoh
20-05-2009, 08:40 PM
back to original topic.....
option 1 - BC adjustable coilover(not buddy club)
option 2 - Tein HA adjustable coilover
option 3 - HSD TT series coilover

sugesstion????

geeang
20-05-2009, 09:08 PM
I would definatly take the Tein Coilovers over BC or HSD, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to coilovers.

hoey888
20-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I would definatly take the Tein Coilovers over BC or HSD, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to coilovers.

That depends... bc ain't that bad, using them myself and personally think they are 'reasonable.' BC are generally more stiff/as stiff damper wise than Tein. By being stiff doesn't mean you can't get a reasonable ride, you just need to set it up right.

From the sounds if your buying second hand Tein vs new BC, I would recommend new BC, only because they are newer with simiular performance. Unless your intending to do alot of spirited driving or trackdays, then best to say away from the Tein HA.

You shouldn't be comparing Tein HA vs BC
-Tein Ha is so much more expensive than BC (when buying new)
-Tein Ha is aimed at another higher performance market

BC should be compared to Tein Basic Damper/Super Street
-basic and do the job

**Also recommend getting it properly setup at a workshop to do wheel alignments and corner weighting. Also consider getting camber bolts as well since you got your suspension out**

davoh
21-05-2009, 01:15 AM
camber bolts as in camber set??

then wat about the hsd tt series??

davoh
23-05-2009, 04:05 AM
ok.....atm im leaning towards the BC adjustable....

so what else do i need if i were to get the coilovers....

definitely a rear camber set but do i also need inverted tie rod ends and tie rods???

stevanbonic
23-05-2009, 02:40 PM
im getting bc racing coilovers put on my type s next week, if you want to wait till then i can give you some feedback on how they ride etc. buying them installed from wholesale suspension for 1800, the owner has them on his evo 6 and rates them so i guess next week i can confirm or not!

Timmy_B
23-05-2009, 03:45 PM
im getting bc racing coilovers put on my type s next week, if you want to wait till then i can give you some feedback on how they ride etc. buying them installed from wholesale suspension for 1800, the owner has them on his evo 6 and rates them so i guess next week i can confirm or not!

Thats sounds good cos im in the same situation.. looking at Tein coilovers but also want to know how the BC coilovers go on the DC5's

stevanbonic
23-05-2009, 03:55 PM
yeh cant see the point in spending 3g for the tein ss. SS are a bit stiffer than stock on the hardest setting whereas the bc's are a stiffer setup in general, got this info from the distributor who has had both sets on his ride. hopefully i can confiirm this next week :)

also should be getting a set of 17x7 enkei monacos on re001's in a few weeks, imagining the look with the coils now.....drool lol

davoh
23-05-2009, 09:18 PM
lol....group buy!!!!!.....when are you getting them installed??? let us know what other stuff you need when changing over to coilovers....

davoh
25-05-2009, 04:38 AM
just read some reviews on the B.C coilovers...

these stuff are apparently made by greddy but rebadged???

apparently they are way better than d2,g4 and ksport....

quality is pretty close to teins....

and they are actually a 44mm piston in a 53mm damper body....

so far i have oly read good stuff about them.....

think i might give the B.C. a go instead of the HA and HSD....

NeRV
25-05-2009, 04:49 AM
please write a review about the B.C coilovers when you get them on your car

davoh
25-05-2009, 05:23 AM
well....for the past 3-4 months , i have been doing alot of research on coilovers on heaps and heaps of forum....and this is what i found from people that have them on their pride n joy.....

- great price and quality

- 70 -80 percent of people that have them on their are are very satisfied .......

-the other 20-30 percent , well.....they are just small problems like thread on strut top not being long enough and strut top hats mis-fitted from left to right...need longer damper adjuster..but all these are easily solved through your supplier...

-using COMMON SENSE ,these coilovers are not meant to be drifted on....but is ok with the occasional track day WITH the correct setup eg. alignment settings,braces and bla bla bla...

so yeah...ordering them in tomorrow and should have them by this coming thursday/ friday.....

hoey888
25-05-2009, 08:52 AM
camber bolts as in camber set??

then wat about the hsd tt series??

i think your refering to the pillow ball suspension mounts. YES, they give you some camber adjustment, but you might want to check they do come with your coilovers before ordering. Generally makes alignment much easier.

If they don't, look into getting a camber kit/camber bolts for your front and rear. Most people setup with a bit of -ive ~1-2degrees camber front and rear to help with cornering.

i-jrdm
25-05-2009, 02:00 PM
ive got a set on my dc2. first coilovers ive had aswell and to me they are really good, just working out what setting i should have the damper on is the hard part lol

Timmy_B
25-05-2009, 02:40 PM
whats better Tein or BC?
Im bout to get coilovers for my DC5 but dont wanna spend thousands.. (i know you get what you pay for) but i still want a decent coilover.

davoh
25-05-2009, 03:30 PM
if you want, u can wait for me and stevanbonic to write a review about them in about 1 weeks time n see how it all goes with the BC coilover......

Timmy_B
25-05-2009, 05:10 PM
yes, thats sounds good.

ordinary
26-05-2009, 09:01 AM
I have BC Racing BR Type coil overs on my Evo VII because after trying (as a passenger in most cases) Tein Flex, Apexi somethings and the new model BC's the choise was clear.

The BC low speed (under 60km/hr) ride was much better than the other 2 and the dampers could be set soft enough that they actually rode better than the jarring suspension. Set on level 5 of 30 they are soft and comfy in most cases. However, 20 click towrads firm and the ride is very firm inded! This setting would be perfect on track as the rebound is tightly controlled.

I like the BC on my Evo but thats an Evo and Honda's use different suspension setup and thus the result may not be the same. I was in a DC2 recently with spring rates of either 10/8 or 12/10 (versus 8/6 for Evo) front/rear and it was stupidly hard to the point that the tyres werent staying on the road over bumps and through corners = no grip and unpredictable handling. I didnt note what damper setting he had them set to though which may have explained the ride.

My advise, find someone with the BC's in and try them out. Set them to 5 of 30 then later 20 of 30.

The other question is why do you want coil overs? Track? Fast road? Or just lowering and only drive on the road thus comfort is important?

crazyazn
26-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah it all depends on what your using them for. Typically for a car that frequents the track you would want to have something stiffer so i suppose the BC's would be good here.

If its for the occasional track use probably Tein SS as thats what they are mainly designed for...street use. I have them and they are pretty good. First set of coilovers i have owed. Only issues are the occasional creaking sounds after a hard run on winding roads. Soft setting is like driving on marshmellows but once u stiffen the settings it does make life uncomfortable on our good old aussie roads.

I have heard good things about Koni's and because they are manufactured here, if anything does go wrong, the parts are easy to source. Teins can be more difficult as i think they come from jap land. However, they should all come with warranties.

davoh
26-05-2009, 08:48 PM
well...main reason im getting myself a set of coilover is of its adjustability....

some times i like it higher and certain occasions i want it lower....same as damper wise.....

i tried asking for koni yellows but apparently they dont have any for dc5???

will it still be ok if i dont have a front strut bar but with coilovers on??

hoey888
27-05-2009, 12:38 AM
some times i like it higher and certain occasions i want it lower....same as damper wise.....

yea, like the way you think, but seriously unless your really into DIY, most people really cbf height adjusting it coz usually have to jack the whole car up. Reality is whose gonna spend a few hours to adjust the height lower/higher and then check its done also 'relatively' even. (ie you wouldn't want one side higher/lower than the other side as they wrecks the handling)

yea, wouldn't hurt. Another thing you might need to consider is the creaking of the plastics and also if your rims would rub. Most cars with coilovers creak on the rear due to the stiffness... so check with other dc5 owners if they get the same problem.

Nepolian
27-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Great value for money coilovers. Mate just bought a set. Decent firm ride, spring and shock height adjustability, camber tops, for $1200......cant go wrong!

stevanbonic
27-05-2009, 07:29 PM
stay tuned guys, BC coilovers to be installed at 8am tomorrow morning.

i will write up a review tomorrow night to let all of you know what i think.

till then peace........

davoh
27-05-2009, 09:27 PM
damn....yours is quick.....mines still on d way.....

btw ....stevanbonic.......let us know what other sorts of stuff u added or needs 2 be changed to properly align the wheels....and also what degrees and those sorta stuff....so i will know what to do when i install mine in..and pics would be great too thnx.... thanks....

Bludger
28-05-2009, 12:23 PM
for a thread in the integra section, there isn't much mention of integra's.

more for sussy section imo.

Timmy_B
28-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Well we are talking about coilovers for Integra's.. So whats the problem?

davoh
28-05-2009, 02:44 PM
yup...its about coilovers for the dc5.......atm...waiting for stevanbonic's review on the coilovers for the DC5.......

i tracked my coilover and it should arrive today....will be going around asking for camber bolts/camber kit.....

stevanbonic
28-05-2009, 06:55 PM
hey guys,

was a long and expensive day but everything is done! got the BC's installed and a new set of potenza adrenalins put on. all up i spent $1800 installed for the coilovers and $860 for the tyres with fitting balancing etc....

cant tell you the feeling of driving up and seeing it there in the driveway with a nice 40mm drop all around..........pretty freakn awesome!

ok enough of that, heres a rundown of what the current specs are on the setup:

BC Racing Coilovers, 6kg/8kg spring rate front and back respectively, drop of one finger under the gaurds all around, damping levels set at the middle for front and back.

most of you here have the same concerns as me when it came to coilovers, highest of all of course was the ride quality. when i first got in the car and took it for a drive the first thing you immediately notice is the change in feel through the steering wheel, it is slightly firmer and there is less recoil of the wheel as you come out of corners. the ride at these settings was very smooth, bumps were dissipated nicely with a slightly stiffer force than OEM except the damper travel is much smaller. at this particular damper level rebound is a little high for my liking and i will probably stiffen up the dampers a few clicks all around to get the right feel, as with anything you need to play around with it to get the results you want.

it was at this stage that i decided to give the dampers a bit of a test, i took the car around some pretty tight corners to see how the dampers reacted. at speed you can feel them roll and there was a moderate level of "creaking" coming from the banking side. now im not sure whether the coils need to be worn in or not though i am speculating the possibility of tyres rubbing. i cant confirm this until i stiffen and/or raise the back dampers and see what effect this has.

lastly,........ camber. now the dc5 model has pillowball upper mounts with camber tops on the front coils so camber was adjusted accordingly on the front. there is a small amount of camber noticeable on the rears, however, this can only be abjusted using aftermarket camber arms if you desire, though at this stage im more concerned about getting my bound/rebound and creaking rectified.

overall i was surprised with how nice they drove under normal day to day conditions, now all that is left is to get the ideal height and damper settings which will come as i spend more time on them. anyways guys any Q's im happy to answer, heres some pics i took today so enjoy...........

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0470/DSC00087.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0470/DSC00087)

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0682/DSC00083.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0682/DSC00083)

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0589/DSC00082.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0589/DSC00082)

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0189/DSC00084.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0189/DSC00084)

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0313/DSC00086.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0313/DSC00086)

dc2itr
28-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Nice mate. Good stuff comin back on and giving a review. :thumbsup: if ur happy with em.
At first I thought they were some cheap knock offs but then for around the $1K mark they not that cheap. If you get around to it let us know how it feels after adjusting to ur ideal damper/height. I think I recall they're made in Taiwan, correct???

stevanbonic
28-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Nice mate. Good stuff comin back on and giving a review. :thumbsup: if ur happy with em.
At first I thought they were some cheap knock offs but then for around the $1K mark they not that cheap. If you get around to it let us know how it feels after adjusting to ur ideal damper/height. I think I recall they're made in Taiwan, correct???

as did i mate, but looked into them and was surprised. the BC model i purchased from wholesale suspension have an altered bushing, valves etc suitable for australian conditions and yes they are made in Taiwan, 1 year parts warranty.

im hoping the noises im getting can be sorted easily, probably something small like a loose locking screw. ill be sure to repost my findings after undoubtedly slaving over it for another weekend haha.

Riced_Civic
28-05-2009, 08:53 PM
these coils need to be worked in it took mine around 2 weeks to settle in.

the creaking noise will go away

stevanbonic
28-05-2009, 09:03 PM
hopefully that will be the case, good to hear though! its like a deep creaking/rubbing sound when the car leans out, so i hope its the same thing :)

Timmy_B
28-05-2009, 09:10 PM
sounds good.
well looks like i might get myself a set. :)

davoh
29-05-2009, 01:56 AM
good stuff....

My babies just got in today!!!! cant wait to install them on....

btw stevanbonic...did u install any camber bolts or camber kit or u just left it as is??

stevanbonic
29-05-2009, 04:37 PM
good stuff....

My babies just got in today!!!! cant wait to install them on....

btw stevanbonic...did u install any camber bolts or camber kit or u just left it as is??

good stuff mate :thumbsup: no i didnt have any aftermarket camber bolts/kit installed, i might do so on the back depending upon tyre wear in the future. also will look into roll centre adjusters to get the steering wheel feeling the same as before.

Timmy_B
29-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Davoh, are they in yet??

davoh
30-05-2009, 03:21 AM
lol...the fronts are but they need alignment .......

didnt have enough time to install the rears so i just left my car at my mate's....

will install the rears 2moro and roughly align the wheels ....

and if i have enough time ,that is before the suspension place closes, i will get the proper alignment done and hopefully all goes well....

review on them pretty soon.....

mugenpower168
30-05-2009, 04:11 AM
i have BC's on my ej8, and have had so for about 40,000kms with no problems whatsoever. Awesome coilovers for the money imo.

end7
01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Konis are crap.

If you are after a cheaper coilover... go with HSD's. They are pretty freaking awesome!

Seems like i see a mistake here. Koni is one of the best suspension manufacture. They make a lot for OEM and competition. HSD? first time i heard of it seriously.,.

davoh
02-06-2009, 11:49 PM
got my alignment done today...finally....

This is what my setup is like :

Height :-
F: 3 finger gap (driver side about 2-3mm slightly higher for driver's weight)
R: 2 finger gap

rebound rate :-
F: 10kg
R: 12kg

Camber :-
F: (-)1 degree
R: not sure...think its -2 or so...need a camber kit for that

Toe :-
F: 0 degree
R: 0 degree

Damper :-
F: all the way to hard with 12 clicks back to soft
R: all hard...(needs to set softer)

i have left my Fronts slightly higher than the rear because i still like to go into parking lots without having troubles coming out from them...but will adjust the rears higher when i get a rear camber kit.

Now i went for a little spirited driving around some slight twisties with very very minimal traffic(close to none).

all i can say is ...damn....they are awesome....car is much stiffer and handles the corners much easier...Gotta love that true camber angle....

I like the bumpy-ness of it....but can be slightly less bumpy just
as stevanbonic says...still need to play around with damper to find one that is more suitable to my liking...and also some slight creaking.....probably needs to let it settle in abit more?? and then retighten everything probably after 5000kms - 8000kms????

because the damper at the rear was set to the hardest point....the tail of car tends to fly a little when taking a fast n sharp corner...

i cant upload any pics atm because the size of it is pretty huge....but looks pretty much the same as stevan's .....Just Red in colour....and RED goes faster....LOL.....just kidding...

Overall rating for these BC adjustables for the moment: 8.5 out of 10

i took that 1.5 points away because it was a bitch to put in....LOL

Riced_Civic
03-06-2009, 08:08 AM
man u set the rears all the way to 32 ur gonna kill ur kidneys, lol.

ive found a setting of 13F and 12R is perfect for me, just enough understeer and my 22mm sway comps it to even it out.

Timmy_B
03-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Davoh that sounds soo good.. can't wait to see photos..

where about's did you buy them from?
There is a sussy place not far from me and they stock Tein but not BC.
So i wanna find a place that stocks BC just so i can compare prices.

Did you install them yourself? was it easy? any problems?

I am geeting 17" wheels next week so sussy will come after that.

davoh
03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
lol yeah....thats y.....im just too lazy to remove the back panels all over again....might do it over the weekend....

installation was a bitch where the arm extends (where you connect the tie rod end) and the part where u connect the brakes back.....other than that its easy....

best to have a mate help you out.....makes things way easier

i bought my set from ebay....performance_guru.....trustworthy seller....and good communication service too.....look into him....

Timmy_B
03-06-2009, 02:05 PM
yeah i will.. thanks heaps..

im waiting on quotes at the momment for Tein sussy + instalation

Stinger13
17-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Bringin back an old thread here...but what were the average price including installation of these coilovers. Looking into these, Tein ss and Buddyclub N+, but not looking to go over 1500 plus install. Any opinions/insights for these 3?

davoh
17-08-2009, 03:56 PM
well i paid $1300 for my set....installed them myself...
and an extra of $75 for wheel alignment and a small camber setting...

personally i have only tried the BC and cusco zero 1 i think(not sure)

...i find the BC better than the cusco... not sure about SS or N+

but if you have the money...then go for TEIN or Buddyclub for that extra peace of mind...

SiReal
17-08-2009, 04:06 PM
SS are shite. i've used SS, koni/neuspeed, cusco zero 2s.

SS would be the worst due to soft rates, stupid single height adjjust (which messes your preload). the only tein i would touch would be from flex upwards.

to be honest, for price minded, i would go BC over SS anyway solely for the dual height adjust. cusco have this function and it means the car reacts almost the same no matter the height i set it. whereas SS goes from full bouncy hard to soft as marshmellows (and thats not even with touching the damper adjustment knobs)

koni + neuspeed spring set was fantastic. better than the SS by far, but due to not being able to adjust height, there was its downfall.

Timmy_B
17-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I did get that quote for Tein SS
$3000 includes install..

So i ended up going Skunk2 springs and i will buy new shoucks soon..
it's a good ride height and feel.

lookingforboost
17-08-2009, 04:47 PM
3000 for SS dam they are getting dear latly

Timmy_B
17-08-2009, 05:11 PM
3000 for SS dam they are getting dear latly

yeah i know

Stinger13
18-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Has anyone had experience with the n+?

vtec'ing
18-08-2009, 09:09 PM
i got the exact same setup on my dc5 s had them for about 2 weeks now, the first week there where quite noisy and made some weird ass noises when you tured specially from lock to lock but the noise settled and now they are really quiet, the number 1 concern for me buying coilovers was the ride quality as i NEVER track the car or drive real hard i only got them for the aggresive drop. i can honestly say they are awesome i ive got them on the lowest setting for the back (tyres under the guard) and front tyre just sitting on the guard. the ride quality is awesome i have zero problems wih them especially coming from kings which are quite soft. i would definately recommend these coiolovers to anyone in the market for some!

vtec'ing
18-08-2009, 09:11 PM
i was actually gonna buy the n+ but there was bout a $800 difference and the guy i baught them from reckons they are quite firm and uncomfortable for daily driving.

Stinger13
25-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Anyone else for issue's with the N+ for dd?

Stinger13
03-09-2009, 11:15 AM
bumpy

mrwillz
03-09-2009, 11:41 AM
n+ good
nice n firm , not to firm.

Stinger13
09-09-2009, 05:51 PM
So the buddyclub n+ fell though, and im on the lookout again. Just wondering if anyone had any problems with these or knew of someone that did/has. I'm looking at a set on ebay for $1200, which im guessing is around the average price for them. Does anyone else recommend somewhere else where i might be able to get a warranty deal or something for around the same price? I ideally would have liked to get the buddyclubs or tein ss, but you cant for that price, and they rarely come up second hand. But so far, from all accounts these seem to be pretty good.

Stevanbonic and davoh, how have you found your's in the end? Any regrets? Stevanbonic, you wrote your spring rates were 6/8 front-rear respectively. On ebay they are 10-12.

Thankyou to anyone that can offer some info

stevanbonic
09-09-2009, 08:29 PM
So the buddyclub n+ fell though, and im on the lookout again. Just wondering if anyone had any problems with these or knew of someone that did/has. I'm looking at a set on ebay for $1200, which im guessing is around the average price for them. Does anyone else recommend somewhere else where i might be able to get a warranty deal or something for around the same price? I ideally would have liked to get the buddyclubs or tein ss, but you cant for that price, and they rarely come up second hand. But so far, from all accounts these seem to be pretty good.

Stevanbonic and davoh, how have you found your's in the end? Any regrets? Stevanbonic, you wrote your spring rates were 6/8 front-rear respectively. On ebay they are 10-12.

Thankyou to anyone that can offer some info

i paid 1500 for these from wholesale suspension, they will rebuild it for you if anything goes wrong within the year. yeh the ones on ebay have a higher spring rate than mine. overall theyre pretty good, handling is point and turn, though as with any coils theres drawbacks.
for example it almost feels like my dash is going to fall apart any day now it makes so much noise. apart from the car getting the shite shaken out of it the ride height and handling are pretty awesome. i did initially have a rubbbing problem but i increased damping and its ok now.

jeffreymui
09-09-2009, 08:59 PM
N+ IMO would be the best suspension nothing can beat it but just my OPINION so dun flame me pplz

dc2r-0636
27-11-2010, 08:09 PM
got my BC BR type for my dc2r yesterday.. loving them !!

Super-DA9
27-11-2010, 09:51 PM
My friend has BC's in his s14, they handle pretty good, as most coilovers do, have a lot of adjustability and the car sits quite nicely, but the ride comfort is pretty shocking even at the lowest setting.

Overall I say they are really quite good for the price. :)

I went with Buddyclub N+ for my dc2. they are really good, although they have a bit less adjustability then BC's do, their lower damping settings are great for the street, and the high settings are stiff as f*ck, good for the track. Also really easy to adjust the height as all you need to do is rotate the base (fork or eyelet etc.) like a screw and it raises or lowers. easy as that.

I think I've seen some Buddyclubs going for a similar price to BC's now, if you're interested I can try find a link for you. ;)

davoh
28-11-2010, 12:44 AM
i have Tein HA on my eg civic and its bad bad bad...dont like it at all.....noisy and bad ride quality..not sure about SS tho..never will touch tein ha again in my life....tried 3 types of coilovers now which are :
1) Bc BR
2) Cusco zero 1
3) Tein Ha

i still think the BC BR is your best bet... next coilover im thinking to try is the Buddyclubs N+....had my eyes on them for quite a long time now......*grins*

dc2r-0636
28-11-2010, 06:50 PM
i got my dampers set at 16 and rear at 12 or 14.. and honestly the ride is pretty good. and my car is sitting pretty low.

tiah313
28-11-2010, 06:50 PM
i have Tein HA on my eg civic and its bad bad bad...dont like it at all.....noisy and bad ride quality..not sure about SS tho..never will touch tein ha again in my life....tried 3 types of coilovers now which are :
1) Bc BR
2) Cusco zero 1
3) Tein Ha

i still think the BC BR is your best bet... next coilover im thinking to try is the Buddyclubs N+....had my eyes on them for quite a long time now......*grins*

i can get u a set of N+ for cheap pm me for detail

davoh
29-11-2010, 01:53 AM
thanks for the offer mate but im currently living in malaysia atm...wont be back for another year and a half....

jneration
07-12-2010, 03:53 PM
just ordered my BC BR!! cant wait to drop it low!!!

jneration
07-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Im running 17x8.5 235/45 tyre atm, is dere gonna be a problem wif the guards if i lower it?

AsHw3e
07-12-2010, 04:09 PM
you'll have to roll your rear guards i did.

jneration
07-12-2010, 07:33 PM
also i js heard if i drop the car too low more the 20cm, 30cm the tie roll ending will fk up, is tat true?