PDA

View Full Version : Just bought an s2k! :D though i have 1 issue :(

KruZzN
01-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey! i just bought an AP1 s2k and need some help!! >_<"

the soft top roof i got doesn't close properly! the clips are tight and all but it seems to sit on the s2k's windscreen frame (half a cm or less sticking up, so the wind is deflecting off it!) rather than actually sitting behind the seals. So at the moment wind is blowing in heaps hard though i cant feel it at all i can hear it heaps well! going over 80kms in the car sucks so bad!! I full go death... all i can hear is road noise and wind... any idea what i could do with this?

I couldnt get the clips any tighter, The seals are all good, but the roof just wont hold in! When i bought it i was too excited and never drove with the roof up :(

Oh! and if i was to get the glass back windscreen with a whole new soft top... would i have to change the frame too? or is kinda plug and play with a bit of modding or not? (sorry i couldn't find the answer in that other thread... =\ )

Appreciate any help peeps! Cheers.

Duy

NVD52K
02-05-2009, 12:22 AM
no you dont have too get a new frame although its a big job look up the s2000 write up.

also to do a temporary fix just electric tape the clips that hook into the holder and make them thick so it holds tight and also tighten the screws up if not get new clips and hinges.

.::F[L]Y::.
02-05-2009, 12:40 AM
yeap the soft top strikers could be stuffed.

Better off replacing your roof with an Ez on glass soft top. Takes about 1-2 days if you wanna save $500 bucks and do it yourself.

KruZzN
02-05-2009, 12:54 AM
ah i see i see lol. I'm gonna go do some research and saving in that case haha, thanks guys!

NSPYRE
02-05-2009, 05:11 AM
congrats on the buy duy :) see u around

vtek
02-05-2009, 05:54 PM
yeah sounds like your soft striker/latch is worn, have a look at the hook of the latch and the striker and see whats worn you should be able to tell by looking at them. Strikers are about $80 pair, latch is about $250 each from honda. Best to play around with it first as you may not of latched it tightly.

KruZzN
02-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey thanks dudes, Its the hooks and the latches. they are scratched heaps and worn down.. so the wind stops coming in when i hold the roof down with my own hands when driving lol. Gayness..

CONAN
03-05-2009, 08:28 AM
try to tighten up the strikers or even better, take it out and swap em around. This will mean your using the unworn part of the striker.
then buy new ones when you can.

KruZzN
03-05-2009, 03:16 PM
try to tighten up the strikers or even better, take it out and swap em around. This will mean your using the unworn part of the striker.
then buy new ones when you can.

oh word! i never thought of that lol.

the strikers are much more worn out that the hooks themselves but the hooks are gonna give up in a few months i reckon. I'll give that a go unless i can find some strikers! cheers man!

KruZzN
08-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey guys i got another question lol. cbf making another thread as its not really worth it!

for CAI what would you get if you didnt have a budget? and what would you get if you had a budget? and what would you get in terms for a mad look for the engine bay??

oh and is ARC anygood? i dont see anyone using them lol

Cheers!
Duy

vtek
08-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Mugen - no budget

K&N - BUdget
AEM V2 - Budget

NSPYRE
08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
AEM v2 for budget for sure.

if u got the $$$ go for mugen or J's racing.

if u got some SERIOUS $$$ ASM carbon intake

dudeling7
08-05-2009, 07:10 PM
haha J's looks fkn sick love it!

yo boys massive ACT photoshoot soon? too amny hondas now amongst us haha

NSPYRE
08-05-2009, 09:40 PM
let me get my front bar fixed up, get a full detail and im in :)

KruZzN
08-05-2009, 11:10 PM
word! im in.. i get my coils soon you guys can help me put them in lol ;)

oh and my detail coz i have swirls and scratches everywhere haha

im not sure wether to go nuts with coils or just get some average ones lol

I'm keen for a J's racing chode whale penis intake lol... they look sick.

NSPYRE
09-05-2009, 12:09 AM
get something decent man, dont skimp out on coil-overs...

btw, is that ur s2k in the display pic?

dudeling7
09-05-2009, 12:13 AM
hahah YEPPPPPP i think duy got the j's rear diffuser put on yesterday

NSPYRE
09-05-2009, 12:17 AM
haha, dude u kno i cant tell whether ur doing the sarcasm thing or not... is it really his or YEPPPP like, YEPPP my DC2 got K20 and boosted yesterday

KruZzN
09-05-2009, 12:52 AM
nah its not lol. Some random pic i found on s2ki.

yeah i just bought buddy club N+ spec just then. I dont feel the need for the racing spec ones haha

dudeling7
09-05-2009, 12:54 AM
u should be pretty happy with it for daily man....and they can slam with ease as well :)

KruZzN
09-05-2009, 12:57 AM
gonna call jerry to put my lip and shave my HID washers offf =]

and get jules to detail my car after..

and and and and wheels!

NSPYRE
09-05-2009, 01:15 AM
yeah, good choice with buddy club N+ :)

i got racing spec damper and its pretty intense for the daily drive...

KruZzN
09-05-2009, 10:06 PM
I swear no one is selling wind deflector lol. >_<"

but yeah dude i might end up getting the racing spec dampers as they were the same price as N+ where im ordering them from lol.

NSPYRE
10-05-2009, 01:39 PM
if u wanna slam it, go N+

racing spec damper doesnt go as low...

KruZzN
10-05-2009, 02:34 PM
if u wanna slam it, go N+

racing spec damper doesnt go as low...

Do you know what brandon has in his ep3? and ali?

NSPYRE
10-05-2009, 02:36 PM
brandon has racing spec damper

ali has N+

STAiN MASTER
11-05-2009, 11:07 AM
If you want to tighten the roof and stop the wind noise, use electrical heat shrink wrap on the hooks, just put one layer on at a time and use a hair dryer to shrink it, do this a few times, I did mine about a year ago and its still tight, I need to pull the roof then clip it, its that tight...

Saves you from buying and installing new latches, the heat shrink wrap will cost only a few dollars.

Simy
12-05-2009, 10:01 AM
what about the PRM intake?

anyway, i have a similar problem, i was driving but i forgot to hook the roof back on aftah i parked the car.. so when i was leaving, i didn't realise and was going about 60 kms.. the roof came up, scared the shit outa me.. slammed the breaks n the roof came back down, and now when i was to put the roof back up, i have to hold it down then clip, otherwise it sits about 1cm like kruzzn said.
that could've caused it for me, or another time my mate wanted to put it down but i wanted to keep it up, he unhooked both sides, i hooked my back up, he pressed the button for roof to lower, and a loud crack sound happened, i duno which caused the problem thou.