PDA

View Full Version : So, in the mean time..

Hondah
02-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey guys, being on my P plates I'm restricted to alot of things :thumbdwn: and my goal until I am on my opens, is to get a car "ready" for an engine swap or turbo setup, as soon as I am able too..

The car in question is a EG VTi I have found a few with relatively low Km's (all under 125,000kms) and overall, I just love the shape and overall stance of the car... anywho!!...

I want to be able to have some fun at the track until I am able to make some serious power with the car.. So I will be doing any, and every suspension mod I can etc and things alike.. So that all that is left is the engine when I am ready..

Now for my actually Q.. seeking thoughts and opinions from anyone who has had a bash around in a SOHC VTAKK! vee-hickle really,

is stock EG (well, engine wise) a decent base to learn in?.. I mean the car puts out what.. 85-100kw stock depending on condition.. is that enough to teach me the in's and outs of racing?..

Kinda drawn out, broad question there.. but then again I've also consumed 6-eleveenteen beers soo.. goo me!!!!

Cheers,
Josh

hisoka
02-05-2009, 11:37 PM
your in brisbane, that means you can buy a ek4 or a DC2 vtir and still be in the right. already has transplant no mod plate needed

Hondah
02-05-2009, 11:40 PM
That was my original plan, but every EK4/DC2 VTi-R is so expensive. And if I do find one for a decent amount, they usually have been rolled or have 230k + on the clock..

Another Q while where at it.. what are some other places to look for cars then the obvious?..

Thanks hisoka :)

DreadAngel
02-05-2009, 11:45 PM
D16Y1 is just a tad above the normal eco < 1.6L motors...

Thats about it

hisoka
02-05-2009, 11:48 PM
not even that, i compared my ek gli to my friends EG vti, and i beat it lol

DreadAngel
02-05-2009, 11:52 PM
^^^

There you go, its gotten that bad lol

dsp26
03-05-2009, 02:26 AM
if your gonna convert it anyway y would you go for a vti?

Fo55il
03-05-2009, 06:07 AM
mmm boost it, more power than the ek4 n vtir.
lower cost.
less hassles incase u blow it

boost < NA IMO

ull be laughing wen u go past a NA honda

90LAN
03-05-2009, 09:09 AM
lower cost.

boost < NA IMO

hes a p plater lol
so he cant do any major mods
just get some good sussy and sways
and some breathing mods
and some nice light weight wheels

there was a member selling blue eg vti hatch with head work done to his d series motor on here

Hondah
03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
@ dsp26 - The reason I was thinking a VTi is because that way I can have a lil' vtec action until a later date.. and I mean I'm not on my opens for a while to come :D

And thanks for that 90LAN.. Is there fun to be had in a stock VTi? .. I mean for some one that has never driven a "fast" car?

90LAN
03-05-2009, 11:02 AM
@ dsp26 - The reason I was thinking a VTi is because that way I can have a lil' vtec action until a later date.. and I mean I'm not on my opens for a while to come :D

And thanks for that 90LAN.. Is there fun to be had in a stock VTi? .. I mean for some one that has never driven a "fast" car?

its one of the better cars for that price range
just do the mods above to make it a great car for a beginner

hisoka
03-05-2009, 11:03 AM

lol yer its fun, gets even more fun with coilovers and itr sway bars.

Hondah
03-05-2009, 11:13 AM
ah that's good to hear lol. I was going to say, even if I do get bored with it in the future (before im on my opens)

I can always sell it with the feck load of suspension, interior mods etc and fetch a decent price for it.. I guess haha

Fo55il
03-05-2009, 12:34 PM
hes a p plater lol
so he cant do any major mods
just get some good sussy and sways
and some breathing mods
and some nice light weight wheels

there was a member selling blue eg vti hatch with head work done to his d series motor on here

tru tru. i missed that

aramiK
03-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Yeah bro, one thing with honda cars/parts.. they hold value (for a long long time)..

Buy sussy, sell sussy for 80&#37; of original cost.. sounds nice to me lol..

Vti should be fine, its the suspension that makes the car fun.. GG corner 85km/h roundabout ftw ~

aww my red p plater days..

Hondah
03-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Well thanks for the help and opinions guys, please by all means keep posting ideas and thoughts :D

VTECMACHINE
03-05-2009, 02:20 PM
lower cost.

boost < NA IMO

Yep, you got that right. boost is smaller (gayer) that NA. LOL LOL.

You're doing it wrong. LOL.

Fo55il
03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
oops my bad, i was drunk lol

Red_EG4
03-05-2009, 02:58 PM

Of course.
I have fun in my GLi.