03-05-2009, 11:08 AM
hey

as the title says ive notice water in the headlights

any one know how to stop this and/or a fix

thanks

Bigpauly2788
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
how do you think it got in there ?

have you made any modifications to your headlights, mabe it is no longer sealed properly ?

aaronng
03-05-2009, 11:13 AM
The headlights have a flaw where it can distort and let moisture in over time. If you still have warranty, use it.

Back a few years ago, Honda started putting clips onto the headlights to keep them sealed when you brought the car in for service. They are bright silver clips on top of the headlight. Have a look. If it is there and it still has moisture, then contact your dealer.

power_of_dreams
03-05-2009, 11:24 AM
there is a big big thread on this already

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15829&highlight=condensation

Jonno5454
03-05-2009, 09:03 PM
cheers for the link

not under warrenty ne more .. have to think about what to do

hope fully its just dries out

power_of_dreams
03-05-2009, 09:09 PM
try silica satchet thingoes to try and absorb the moisture, then try new seals and dustcaps once the moisture is out (if you can afford it, they cost ~$45 from honda), otherwise owned hahah

dtngo
03-05-2009, 10:35 PM
From past threads, I believe Honda are still covering these out of warranty as it is a factory recall?

tony1234
04-05-2009, 07:47 AM
From past threads, I believe Honda are still covering these out of warranty as it is a factory recall?
HA should cover it under goodwill.Check with your service centre.

Jonno5454
04-05-2009, 12:44 PM
really..

there areno clips aswell. i have dust caps but modded for hid but the seal is pretty good

there is no silca baggy

it has dried out but i know itll happen aga

good will HAH , ill give em them a ring and c wat they say

tron07
04-05-2009, 12:49 PM
try asking your dealers..... maybe they wil change it for you.

NDU19E
04-05-2009, 01:23 PM
there is a big big thread on this already

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15829&highlight=condensation

mate i had it done on my 04 euro, it was deemed defective and they said it wouldnt be covered under warranty -

If you do enough research, youll find that it was a defect from factory meaning it is covered under warranty. meaning if you take it to honda and you say ACCC lol they will s*&(t it and will normally fix it that same day.

go on the acura american website, they have mroe about this.

good luck mate. :thumbsup:

power_of_dreams
04-05-2009, 01:37 PM
really..

there areno clips aswell. i have dust caps but modded for hid but the seal is pretty good

there is no silca baggy

it has dried out but i know itll happen aga

good will HAH , ill give em them a ring and c wat they say

forget it mate, if you go into a dealership with HIDs they wont cover it for you.

aaronng
04-05-2009, 01:57 PM
really..

If you cut your dust caps, then no more goodwill warranty coverage.

Jonno5454
04-05-2009, 09:50 PM
cheers for the replies

ill have to see if i can hide the ballasts (coz they pretty visible) and borrow some dust caps

its dry atm so not too fussed but will be if/when it happens again

thanks again

power_of_dreams
04-05-2009, 09:51 PM
cheers for the replies

ill have to see if i can hide the ballasts (coz they pretty visible) and borrow some dust caps

its dry atm so not too fussed but will be if/when it happens again

thanks again

you'll have to uninstall the HIDs, because they will turn the lights on to see how big of an issue it is, i.e. whether there is still sufficient light output. Even if you do manage to get it replaced under warranty, if you go back to HID's it'll probably happen again.

E_Honda
05-05-2009, 02:12 PM
mines an 04 model and years out of warranty and out of curiosity i took it to the dealers, they said it was a common fault in 04's so they replaced those clips free of charge. I think aaronng mentioned on the first page. I asked them what happens if moisture still gets in the headlight, the mechanic there said they will do something called a pre .....acceptance or something along those lines, where if Honda approve it they will replace my entire headlight. I haven't noticed moisture back in there since but if i do i'm taking it back for sure!