PDA

View Full Version : DC5S - Servicing - Your Thoughts!?

dc5s
03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Taking her into service in the coming weeks, will be organizing the following:

Oil and Filter Change
Will do the occasional track event, possibly (3-5 times a year), which would you recommend? Looked at Motul 300V and Mobil 1, Royal Purple (where can you buy them, cause for the life of me, they aren't in Supercheap, Autobarn, or at least the viscosity I'm after) and which viscosity would you recommended for those who track?

Transmission Oil
Have Redine MTL. I've read some reviews where some say it's great, and others not so great. Your first hand experience?

Brake Pads and Brake Fluid
Looking at the Ferodo DS2500, which size is the brake pad so I can order with my mechanic. Also fluid, what would be great for both street and track use. You know how you have the street use, the ultimate track use, and then the one that slides in between, after that, recommendations?

Wheel Cleaner
Want to clean my wheels to get off the grime and brake dust, but want to be sure what I'm buying is safe. Currently have Matte Black 5-Zigen FN01R-C, looking at a safe application. Anything good?

:wave:

aaronng
03-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Taking her into service in the coming weeks, will be organizing the following:

Oil and Filter Change
Will do the occasional track event, possibly (3-5 times a year), which would you recommend? Looked at Motul 300V and Mobil 1, Royal Purple (where can you buy them, cause for the life of me, they aren't in Supercheap, Autobarn, or at least the viscosity I'm after) and which viscosity would you recommended for those who track?
A better choice than using an expensive oil like 300V, running trackdays and hoping that it will withstand 6 months, is to use a good synthetic oil that is around tbe $60-70 mark and change it after every trackday.

Transmission Oil
Have Redine MTL. I've read some reviews where some say it's great, and others not so great. Your first hand experience?
Don't like redline, especially after hearing the horror stories. I've only used Honda MTF 06 and Elf 75w80 MTF. No problems with both on street and on track (wakefield and winton).

Wheel Cleaner
Want to clean my wheels to get off the grime and brake dust, but want to be sure what I'm buying is safe. Currently have Matte Black 5-Zigen FN01R-C, looking at a safe application. Anything good?
I use diluted liquid Dynamo laundry liquid in a spray bottle and a soft rim cleaning brush.

Type S Tony
03-05-2009, 10:46 PM
I use Elf full synthetic 10W-30 motor oil, dont need to spend money on an oil filter as OEM will do the exact same job a $120 unit will do. cant coment yet on gearbox oil or brake pads but reccomend cross drilled disks with a chamfered edge as it promotes maximum cooling,slots are a waste of time as they decrease over time and dont expell heat as well as a cross drilled disk!