PDA

View Full Version : dc2r head unit wire diagram

rmalov
03-05-2009, 05:36 PM
any1 know the head unit color, wires and what they are, tryn to put an alpine head unit in, had a pioneer in the previously.... but the bloke that had the car before me cut the stock honda conecter off and like a friieed cannt just taped the wires to the pioneer connector,

so i need to know the stock wire colors and what they are for eg...

blue with brown stripe wire = ground

can any1 help me out

cheers

marky53
04-05-2009, 01:36 PM
hmmm, trying to remember what I saw....

i remember that yellow is power

and black is earth.......

cant remember what acc is.......

cymax
04-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey Mate,

I hope this helps.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96466

rmalov
04-05-2009, 02:42 PM
hi yeh i found that before it helps, but i still got 3 wires left and i dont know what they are..

on the alpine harness the colors are:

blue - this i think is the power antenner and i dont know which it conects to on the car

blue/white stripe this has something to do with the sub, i think it connects to the green and yellow stock honda wire but also connects to a wire comming out of the subb

orange - i pritty sure the orange is the dimmer light which connectes to the cars red and black wire

anyways can any1 tell me what the blue and white wire for the subb shuld be connected too?? any ideas

cymax
04-05-2009, 04:11 PM
hi yeh i found that before it helps, but i still got 3 wires left and i dont know what they are..

on the alpine harness the colors are:

blue - this i think is the power antenner and i dont know which it conects to on the car

blue/white stripe this has something to do with the sub, i think it connects to the green and yellow stock honda wire but also connects to a wire comming out of the subb

orange - i pritty sure the orange is the dimmer light which connectes to the cars red and black wire

anyways can any1 tell me what the blue and white wire for the subb shuld be connected too?? any ideas

Power Antenna should be Brown w/ White Stripe on the car.

You need to go back to Alpine to find out the rest of the wires that you are inquiring.

cymax
04-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Arh!! I found this for you. Use the honda wiring diagram and this diagram to get your head unit working mate.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/500/500CDA7894.PDF

PS: Go to Page 38

SiReal
04-05-2009, 06:23 PM
going from stock to aftermarket, no all wires will be used. dimmer for example.

just ensure u have at least the following hooked up

FL + -
FR + -
RL + -
RR + -
+ battery
+ ign i think it is
- ground

REM (blue) only if you are running to sub OR antennae. Some aftermarket units only have 1 REM wire, so u may need to splice it to run both of the above, otherwise 1 REM per application

umm thats pretty much it. pretty easy stuff.

go to installdr.com for a wiring diagram.

edit: juist reread your question. go to installdr for all your needs. just look under honda in the similar era as they pretty much use the same sh1t.

rmalov
04-05-2009, 09:59 PM
thanks for the info ppl, i ended up working it out

the blue/ white stripe ("remote on" i think its called sumfing like that) wire which was from the alpine deck went straight to the amp.
is this right? workes fine so im guessing it is

blew the same fuse like 3 times doin this lol.

cheers