PDA

View Full Version : installing rear LCA's on an EG

dvsx
04-05-2009, 12:02 PM
hey guys, as the title states im going to install rear LCA's myself. do i just remove the 3 bolts in the pic? and take off the LCA and put the new one in and bolt on? or is there more to it? or anything i need to look out for?

pic is a bit blurry and a bit too big lol

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5606/image127.jpg (http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image127.jpg)

tRipitaka
04-05-2009, 12:05 PM
yep, take them out, put them back in at the right torque settings

czy_sol87
04-05-2009, 12:09 PM
yep, take them out, put them back in at the right torque settings

:thumbsup:

dvsx
04-05-2009, 12:12 PM
sweet, i just did a google search and came up with a sway bar install and the guy said to compress the spring of the sussy cos if i undo the bolt it would have mass pressure on it on something? know anything about that?

tRipitaka
04-05-2009, 12:17 PM
sweet, i just did a google search and came up with a sway bar install and the guy said to compress the spring of the sussy cos if i undo the bolt it would have mass pressure on it on something? know anything about that?

there is no need for anything like that..

crack the nuts on your rims.
jack the car up.
put it on jack stands, chock the front wheels.
take the rims off.
undo the 3 bolts mentioned.
take out the oem lca.
put the new lca in.
bolt up the 3 bolts at the right torque settings.

it helps if you have someone else there.

dvsx
04-05-2009, 12:24 PM
awesome, too easy, cheers tripitaka

Paul1985
04-05-2009, 12:25 PM
it wont have pressure if your car is jacked up...

no need for a spring compressor.

Jack the car up and remove the rear wheels
remove the 3 bolts you pictured. You can place the jack under the suspension when you pull the bolts out asnd slowly lower it once you remove the bolts if your worried.

the hardest part is lining the last bolt back up with the hole. I found it easiest to install the subframe and shock bolts first loosely and then jack up under the LCA and line it up with the knuckle. You will most likely need a screwdriver in the hole to "tweak" it so the bolt can go through correctly.

When jacking under the LCA keep an eye on your stands and if the car starts to lift, stop jacking.

Lower the car once you have completed it and tighten the bolts with the car on the ground.

rayb3na_
04-05-2009, 05:35 PM
if ur swapping out your lca's you will need to undo your rear sway bar as well.

dumped echo
04-05-2009, 06:20 PM
The other thing is wheel alignment after you install them...

Paul1985
04-05-2009, 06:27 PM
if ur swapping out your lca's you will need to undo your rear sway bar as well.

Correct,
undo both sides so that you can adjust the height of the sway bar if at all necessary.