PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions re:New Audio Setup, DC2GsiTeg

jay-bee'z
31-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Okay, heres the situation. after some brief searching on this site, i cant find what im after.

I have a DC2 Gsi Integra right, and i need some advice on a new audio setup, well before i dive into it..

1. firstly, my cars got a stock honda double din (seperate parts) tape/cd changer thing, like one slot is a 5 cd changer in the dash, and the other slot is like the headunit with a tape deck slot that has the controls for the cd n stuff on it. and when i get a new headunit/cd player, thats only gonna be 1 dinn slot, so what the hell am i going to do with the other slot (obviously, im going to have a gap where the 5 disc honda changer is, cause ill yank that out with the honda tape deck...) and ill need like a centre consol part off an integra (like a spare compartment for money n whatnot), where would i get one of those, and has anyone else been in this situation??

2. ive noticed the rear speakers are imbedded in the side of the car..(normal stock postions, but its all new to me) im used to havin 4 door sedans with the speakers mounted on a parcel shelf, but basically i need to know is it hard to get to these??? and do u have to take apart the whole car to get to them?

3. What size speakers come in stock DC2 Gsi integras???? like front, im assuming 6"? and if so will 6.5 splits fit, or will i have to probably make a custom bracket for em, or whateva. and what are the size in the rear/side backseat speakers?

btw: if anyone knows what brand the stock speakers are can u add that, cause for a stock system its not too shabby, but obviously its not good enuff for people wanting to get into subs n stuff..

(My appoligies if this is in the wrong section)

Looking forward to the responses, if any.

Thanks all

[JB'z]

94_grey_vtec
31-10-2004, 11:35 PM
1. most installers should have little console bin things to replace the deck that was there, i think mine charged me about $20.
2. for the rear speakers, i was able to just get the speaker grills off using a flathead screwdriver, and slowly and carefuly take the speakers out, as they are a litle bigger than the hole. same goes for puttin em back in
3. 6" all round. and ya will have to use a bracket/spacer for the fronts. however i got a set of 6" kicker components that are designed for small depths, and fit in fine.

sorry i dont know the brand of the stock speakers, but they are pretty good. i was running them stock for bout a year of a panasonic deck, and surprised a lot of people when i told em they were stock.

anyway hope this helped, good luck with ya install :)

jay-bee'z
01-11-2004, 08:49 PM
thanks alot helps heaps :), glad to see someone else thinks the stocko's seem to be pretty good too, but yeah gotts to upgrade to some amp + sub setup.

i was considering those kicker 6" components, on sale at JB hifi $200$, they sound good yeah??? i had kicker 6's in my old car in the rear and they shitted on my 6" clarion 2ways i had in the front, never buy clarion again (n).

joneblaze
03-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Jaycar Response kevlar splits. I did abit of research and on the advice of the boys over at CAA purchased a set and installed them last weekend. 6.5" splits + tweets, will need some custom mounts made up, but if you have a mate with a jigsaw and some mdf (and a little patience ;)) all will be fine.
For $160, they sound UNREAL. (rrp $189). Ultimate bang for buck.

jay-bee'z
04-11-2004, 06:19 PM
hmm jaycar ay, is that the same as like jay car audio the shop as in like strathfield car audio if they made speakers?...but yeh how did they fit, 6.5" go in alright did they? and yeah as far as the tweeter goes, i really want to avoid any mutilation to the car door, so i will try n mount them (dont know how as yet) without cutting holes n stuff.

Race EJ8
15-11-2004, 09:56 PM
If you dont want to damage your doors then buy a pair of MTX T6.6 Splits. I've fitted a few in and they are very clear at a high volume. The best thing about them is you can mount the tweeter inside the speaker like a normal co-axial. The tweeter screws into the centre and you can remove it and place a centre cap back on the speaker if you decide to fit the tweeters somewhere else. They around $250 at strathfield where I work. :)

joneblaze
15-11-2004, 10:03 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11955
Just one hole in each door and you can mount your tweeters to look almost factory in your DC. Far better than mounting the tweeter down in the speaker enclosure, as your sound imaging will be ruined.

Yeah the 6.5" woofer/speaker fit in find with a spacer/bracket in between. The magnet was quite large but it's all good.