PDA

View Full Version : Civic FD ipod AUX sounded shithouse !

williamwong
04-05-2009, 04:50 PM
hi guys, am driving a Civic 06 FD Vti, now 06 models doesnt come with AUX input from factory and Vti models have 1 less harness. however...

following http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70416 to install AUX input, but since my model is VTI, its lacking 1 of the connectors.

i used CD-rom audio cables with crimping plugs to connect straight to the headunit. all the wires are connected correctly, but music playing thru AUX sound like crap. its like not enough volume from the back speakers, music sounded crackly, have zero bass, and i need to turn up the volume on the headunit to >25 to get some music.

any idea whats wrong? i tried changing the grounding pins, changing the 3.5mm input connector etc but its still the same :( oh and tried different mp3 players but they all sounded the same.

shoppingsecure
06-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Did the person from that thread ever compete the job? There isnt anything in that thread to suggest the whole thing worked out well...

tRipitaka
06-05-2009, 07:41 PM
what level of volume do u put on ur mp3 player ?

williamwong
08-05-2009, 10:08 PM
uhm, if the iPhone is at its max, it will sound distorted, so i normally put it like 2 bars below full. then it will need >20 on the headunit to get some decent volume.

i wonder why it sounds like that tho? well it actually works but beats sounded very short and baseless compare even to the FM radio. T_T

chose AUX input lol coz dont want any distortion from FM transmitter. think i'm better off getting a FM transmitter?

i'll try open it up again 1 day and take pics if you guys think it will help ?

black8thgen
08-05-2009, 11:11 PM
my 08 FD2 which comes stock with the AUX input has awesome sound quality, must be some difference between the two models in how the whole stock system works

hondaEK4
21-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Usually the Head unit should say which type of Ipod you can use, some can't take Iphone, have you tried a different device?

.k.
23-05-2009, 11:31 PM
i put the volume on my iphone on full volume then on the stock stereo always around 7-8 and it sounds fine.. even upto 15 no distortion - depends on quality of the audio file your playing too me thinks?

ktvin09
24-05-2009, 01:59 AM
In that case if u really need AUX IN then change the deck?

williamwong
26-05-2009, 01:00 PM
yeah i tried different device with different songs, all sounded crap lol.
was looking for a cheap alternative as the oem headunit *should* play aux anyway. sigh..
might try and fiddle with it after the uni finals i suppose =(

edcons
07-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi, has anyone solve the crappy sounds on diy aux input?

TGS79
08-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Although you dont like the idea of an FM transmitter there are some really good HARD WIRED FM modulators on the market these plug directly inline with the cars antenna so giving you a direct audio feed into the head unit. and some will have a direct plug for iPods and charge it too. you will however have to get a male and female Honda antenna adaptors to link the modulator into the antenna. But it is a really easy install.