PDA

View Full Version : scratches...

blasterkings
05-05-2009, 02:40 PM
hey.. can someone help me out.. just got a new accord euro lux.. black metallic..

got a small scratch at the back.. :'( :(

i bought an oil paint tin from bunnings last night and painted myself.. it looks a little visible after my artistic work..

what can i do? can i take it to any service centre to get it painted properly??
its only a very small scratch at the back.. but still i dont want to leave it as is..

bbell
05-05-2009, 02:58 PM
hey.. can someone help me out.. just got a new accord euro lux.. black metallic..

got a small scratch at the back.. :'( :(

i bought an oil paint tin from bunnings last night and painted myself.. it looks a little visible after my artistic work..

what can i do? can i take it to any service centre to get it painted properly??
its only a very small scratch at the back.. but still i dont want to leave it as is..

why dont you try these guys http://www.touchupguys.com.au/
Did a great job on my mates car

ig3o
05-05-2009, 03:24 PM
hav u tried using turtle wax or scratch and swirl?

Crapdaz
05-05-2009, 03:25 PM
is it scratched down to the metal or past clearcoat?
If not, you can try some scratchX and see it if fixes it.

Otherwise try mobile paint repairers as above.

xxb4xx
06-05-2009, 10:46 PM
The turtle colour wax with chipstick works wonders for me.. More so the chipstick

Bigpauly2788
07-05-2009, 10:47 AM
touchupguys cannot repair damage on the metal body of a car, only repairs on bumpers, skirts, etc.

HunterZero
07-05-2009, 11:53 AM
If the scratch wasn't bad, you probably could have had it polished out by an auto detailer and never known it was there.

Was the scratch deep enough that your fingernail caught in it?

Was a bad idea to use a pot of Bunnings paint to touch up the car. Oil paint??? What the... Honda do proper touch-up pots with proper PPG auto paint, matched to their paint codes.

Honda Euro has clear coated 2-stage paint. When this gets scratched, the stress around the scratch typically turns it white, so it may look worse than it is.

If the scratch has not penetrated the clear, a detailer can slice back the clear coat with a polisher to effectively remove the scratch. A detailer can use a paint depth gauge to know exactly how much paint they have to work with.

The clear coat is also the reason why brush touch-up paint can never completely hide a scratch or chip. If the scratch penetrated the clear, the only way to make it go away completely is respray the entire area.

You really should have taken it to a detailer to assess the scratch before covering it with Bunnings paint. A detailer will need to see the scratch to assess it.

- HZ