PDA

View Full Version : Looking at lowereing my EH9

zachge
05-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Well it's come to the point in my EH Civic's life that spring/shock replacements are to be done. I am 90% sure I am still running original springs/shocks from 1993 when my car was first maufactured, almost 300,000k's ago.

In this process I am planning on lowering my car at the same time, and also, not allowing it to drop below the 100mm lowest point QLD road regulation.
I was wondering if anyone has done this before and could point me in the right direction.

I was thinking maybe some King Spring Low's, or maybe even some second hand Coil-Overs. I am aware that considering I am pretty sure I am running stock shocks AND springs, replacing springs would result in me being obliged to replace shocks as they have no doubt seen better days.
Ride comfort isn't paramount but I don't exactly want to feel like i'm driving a race-car.

riruiz_88
05-05-2009, 06:27 PM
if your after comfort and not tracking, dont get coil overs. king lows in my opinion are a nice drop for an EG/EH. budget wise King's are great, i have King low's with KYB Excel-G and are good cheap setup. i suggest you do it your self, or if your not confident enough just take it to a suspension shop. there is a shop at springwood called City Suspension, great work.

zachge
05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
if your after comfort and not tracking, dont get coil overs. king lows in my opinion are a nice drop for an EG/EH. budget wise King's are great, i have King low's with KYB Excel-G and are good cheap setup. i suggest you do it your self, or if your not confident enough just take it to a suspension shop. there is a shop at springwood called City Suspension, great work.

Ok thanks for your oppinion mate. I was also thinking just some King Low's. As they drop around 30mm I beleive?
I should be sweet to do it myself, just trying to find out what I should be looking at buying.
Do you think I would be doing myself a favour by replacing my stock shocks in this process? I have heard that when installing Low King's new shocks usually do the job well. But yeah as I have said, these are nearly 300,000k's old now, so would be a tad worn..
Cheers mate.

riruiz_88
07-05-2009, 04:21 PM
yes do it all in one hit man, other wise will have to pay for labour twice!!!!
some descent cheap shocks are KYB, Monroe, Koni, Boge etc... off the top of my head