PDA

View Full Version : JDM Type R

Cadmoon
06-05-2009, 05:07 PM
im just looking for anyone who has one. im thinking about importing one and would like to hear what owners/drivers think of them, weather its worth the effort and what is involved. thx

waix
06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
you importing it as a track car?

Cadmoon
06-05-2009, 05:24 PM
no, looking to register it for road use. ill probly go to the odd track day but mainly as my weekend driver

TYP32
06-05-2009, 05:42 PM
DC2 or DC5? What is it u want to know about them?
I haven't as yet had a drive of a AUDM DC5 so i cant compare them from a "personal experience" point of view. Get your google on, wear out the search button on ozhonda, do some research on both...
Most know the main differences between the AUDM and the JDM DC5 as the engine output, brakes package, suspension etc.
But always look out for the unexpected, there are more differences "parts" wise, then meets the eye. So a quick, reasonably priced fix (thinkin that the AUDM parts may work) when u break something, might not be so cheap/quick after all.

Ask yourself, if i plan on keeping it relatively stock without internal mods, then yes the JDM would outweigh the AUDM. But if u plan on doing sizeable performance mods, upgrading brakes etc, i'd say save your time and mod an AUDM.

Cadmoon
06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
thx, im lookin at a DC2R. as for mods ill probly keep it stock with sports exaust.

CTR_EK9
06-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Dont think any of the JDM type r are allow for import to australia and get it register on the road.... Unless its a (personal import) you gotta live there and own the car there for at least 12 months. Only can import if use for track and any other purspose such as for spare parts.

TYP32
06-05-2009, 05:50 PM
No probs, good luck shoppin around :thumbsup:

P.S. CTR EK9 is correct about the import laws.. not easy gettin JDM's over here

Cadmoon
06-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Dont think any of the JDM type r are allow for import to australia and get it register on the road.... Unless its a (personal import) you gotta live there and own the car there for at least 12 months. Only can import if use for track and any other purspose such as for spare parts.

realy? i read somewhere in the forum of ppl that have one. possibly personal imports?

TYP32
06-05-2009, 06:02 PM
More then likely personal imports.

geeang
06-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Yes they're either personal imports, or AUDM DC2R's with JDM front conversions.
To import a JDM DC2R, you need to live in Japan (or a country that has it) for 12 months, you also need to provide proof of living there (like house/electricity/water bills etc.) and you need to provide proof that the car was being used actively during that time.

Only then can your car be imported and complied, ready to be registered for road use.

Cadmoon
06-05-2009, 06:15 PM
k thx. ah well there goes all my plans. looks like i going back to AUDM Type r's

hotdc2
06-05-2009, 06:21 PM
i'm sure money will fix your issue there.. that is if you REALLY want a jdm type r. everyone has a price..

bbds
06-05-2009, 06:29 PM
import one and get the vin number changed :thumbsup:

I miss my one =(

hotdc2
06-05-2009, 06:31 PM
look locally first there have been some type rs imported before and people have them for sale. i just recently came across a post where someone was selling a jdm teg with front end damage for cheap. could be fixed as well..

G-Stick
07-05-2009, 12:49 AM
just keep ur eye out on the market for one, they usually pop up once in a while.

Also depends where you live because from what i remember syd can only register personal imported jdm dc2r's whereas melb and qld register both personal import and rebuild scheme.

Or u can slap me in the face with a ridiculous amount of cash and ill sell u mine ;)

rmalov
07-05-2009, 04:11 PM
they dont let you import hondas to australia, i think u can only import 2004 civir type r, and a honda fit or sumfing like that

this is because they sold these cars here in aus alredy

CTR_EK9
08-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Import the whole JDM DC2 from Japan, and just do a full conversion

Changing the vin number is not a bad idea but by doing that it will put alot of risks on your shoulder, just imagine if you get pull over a cops for a random check or what if your in a car accident (BIG TROUBLE) the vechile will then be check by insurance and if they ever find out.... THATS IT YOUR GONE

Type S Tony
08-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Just Buy a Type S.................................its the greatest Car in the world!

mocchi
08-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Yes they're either personal imports, or AUDM DC2R's with JDM front conversions.
To import a JDM DC2R, you need to live in Japan (or a country that has it) for 12 months, you also need to provide proof of living there (like house/electricity/water bills etc.) and you need to provide proof that the car was being used actively during that time.

Only then can your car be imported and complied, ready to be registered for road use.

how to prove the car was used? photos or more like petrol receipts? lol

geeang
08-05-2009, 10:22 AM
how to prove the car was used? photos or more like petrol receipts? lol

Yeah you'd need things like petrol/rego/insurance/servicing receipts etc.
Just anything to prove that you didn't buy the car and let it sit there for 12 months ONLY to import it to Australia.