PDA

View Full Version : ITR swaybar on EG need ASR BRACE ?! HELP

JDM-EGG
07-05-2009, 01:07 AM
hey guys , getting a ITR swaybar for my eg , but was wondering if i really really need a ASR , not gonna track or anything .. just for daily. would it rip out my subframe ?

well i got a mate thats running a 24mm whiteline swaybar on his VTi-R and no problems so far.

anyone can help me please.

THANKS ! :)

siir
07-05-2009, 11:30 AM
recommended to get asr brace..
it will break sooner or later man.. due to flexing and road conditions, etc...

* Better do it rite first time than suffer in the end which will cost more $$$.. :)
or just save some money then get the stuff (new or 2nd) btw jdmyard on sale atm..

Alternatively, if you tend to use it for daily driving.. and no hard cornering, etc - then the 24mm sway bar is not used for its potential.. so you can go for eg5 vti swaybar with strut bars and tie bars will be more than enuf for daily driving :)

hope that helps

JDM-EGG
07-05-2009, 01:43 PM
recommended to get asr brace..
it will break sooner or later man.. due to flexing and road conditions, etc...

* Better do it rite first time than suffer in the end which will cost more $$$.. :)
or just save some money then get the stuff (new or 2nd) btw jdmyard on sale atm..

Alternatively, if you tend to use it for daily driving.. and no hard cornering, etc - then the 24mm sway bar is not used for its potential.. so you can go for eg5 vti swaybar with strut bars and tie bars will be more than enuf for daily driving :)

hope that helps

yea im running the standard swaybar , seems shit .. but yea

anyone else ? :)

cheers mate

Red_EG4
07-05-2009, 02:00 PM
I agree do it right the first time.
I was running that set up, nice and stiff. I can only imagine the forces on the subframe.

rpm boy
07-05-2009, 02:07 PM
google search it, it shows u pics without the asr, it rips the chassis

Boban
07-05-2009, 07:09 PM
i was running around with the standard vti sway bar and the dc2r one made heaps of difference even in daily driving

i too recommend getting the brace installed just in case mate, i have hear of people in the states running just the sway bar and they swear that it's ok, but after seeing the pics of ripped subframes i didn't want to risk it

now i just need to get me a decent front swaybar

lil_foy
07-05-2009, 07:30 PM
You cant mount it without the brace.....

o-utah158
07-05-2009, 08:59 PM
yeh get the brace and the sway bar,i did it to my eg5 front n rear n it handles great wit stock springs n shocks,but u can't mount it wit out the brace, it won't go on,it doesn't line up and not level 4 the d-brackets,it doesn't take long either but better if u hav a hoist then doin it on the ground

JDM-EGG
07-05-2009, 09:16 PM
thanks guys .. guess i gotta get a ASR . LOL =='

hai
08-05-2009, 12:07 AM
ASR Reinforcement bar + 22mm swaybar FTW JDMYARD SELLS THEM =) TOPS STUFF

NOT HARD TO INSTALL TOO

GL

JDM-EGG
08-05-2009, 12:18 AM
ASR Reinforcement bar + 22mm swaybar FTW JDMYARD SELLS THEM =) TOPS STUFF

NOT HARD TO INSTALL TOO

GL

haha im not baller liek u hai , give me money for asr :)

dudeling7
08-05-2009, 12:24 AM
asr will be cheaper in the long run compared to a torn out subframe man in which u will need to find another one and weld that in, in the case that nothing else is damaged!

If you are on a budget you could try the beaks mounting kit or a BSQ kit but ASR have never had a failure i know the beaks have had a couple in the states.

googed
08-05-2009, 08:47 AM
asr will be cheaper in the long run compared to a torn out subframe man in which u will need to find another one and weld that in, in the case that nothing else is damaged!

If you are on a budget you could try the beaks mounting kit or a BSQ kit but ASR have never had a failure i know the beaks have had a couple in the states.

very true, beaks is a cheaper alternative option for the subframe reinforcement kit at around $70US

lil_foy
08-05-2009, 10:42 AM
very true, beaks is a cheaper alternative option for the subframe reinforcement kit at around $70US

Security of knowning your subframe will be safe with an asr..

Priceless.

I personally made an asr brace myself which imo is just as strong if not stronger then asr themselfs.

JDM.Power
08-05-2009, 10:45 AM
planning to spend money on suspension?, take it down to a circuit meet atleast, use the parts for what they are made for.

as everyone has been saying, yes ASR brace is a need.

Red_EG4
08-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Security of knowning your subframe will be safe with an asr..

Priceless.

I personally made an asr brace myself which imo is just as strong if not stronger then asr themselfs.
What did you make it out of?