PDA

View Full Version : 2 Silly Questions :oP

Missy
01-11-2004, 02:29 AM
Okay having never baught mags before and seeing alot of ppl with only the 2 rear or front mags on before they have them all on, when you see them advertised as blah blah per set is that all 4 or just a set of 2...

And second looking through ebay i notice some of the steering wheels come with a "boss kit" while others say they also sell boss kits for an extra blah blah while the rest and ones at auto stores never mention one. Do you "need" a boss kit in order to fit the wheel to your car? If so where could I find one for an 87 civic?

bumography
01-11-2004, 02:52 AM
hi! u are silly lol..
when people sell wheels, its usually for all 4!. unless they state 2x or only 2 or 1...etc..
I suggest u get someone else to help u buy wheels, because stud pattern, offsetn, tyres and scratches are also something to look for.

If you have any aftermarket steering wheel, you'd need a boss kit to actually fit the steering wheel on. Have you noticed that aftermarket steering wheels usually have the little bolts around it? well a boss kit has those holes (pictured below) and is bolted onto ur steering column first

http://www.importscene.com.au/images/boss2.jpg

Missy
01-11-2004, 03:27 AM
Hmmmm what pic bellow :p

Thanks I though so just never seeing any mention of a BOSS kit at super cheap, auto one etc I wasn't sure if you did need one to bolt it on or not but figured you did otherwise the wheel woulnd't be able to fit any car.

Any idea where to get one for a 3rd gen civic.... can't seem to find any searching on here.

Just seeing so many ppl running around with only rear or front mags made me think maybe new mags are only sold in sets of 2 :p . I'd hope the place selling the mags will know what size tire etc is spose to be on them :p if not then I guess its another "quality" store lol

Grrr gotta remember not to put the : in my tongue faces :p

mytoycivic
01-11-2004, 10:14 AM
you should come along to the cruise on saturday...there are some gurus there who will tell you what you need.

BTW YOUR CIVIC IS A 4TH GEN!

you will probably not want to go any bigger than 15" or 16" wheels with 50 and 45 series tyres respectively.

your wheel stud pattern in 4x100 and you will probably not fit any bigger than 6.5 wide on your car either.

and go into the wheel shops...its their job to help you out :D

DCLXVI
01-11-2004, 12:47 PM
super cheap does sell boss kit, i think they call it steering wheel adaptor kit.

Missy
01-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Thanks i'll have to ask them, never saw nay near the wheels.