PDA

View Full Version : DC2R KMs

jks24
07-05-2009, 01:01 PM
So im after a dc2r and ive been set on the idea that i want one with under 100000kms on it. Of course these are rare. Im just wondering what your guys thoughts are on this, should i pay more for lower kms or pay less for say something like 120xxxish. The car with higher kms would be more likely to cost me more right in the long run? When i do find one im keen on i will be having it inspected first however what would common problems be with the dc2r with more than 100000kms?

Cheers boys:D

T-onedc2
07-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Personally I go for low k's and pay more everytime.
In a high km example, not only has the engine done the k's but the suspension, steering rack, carpets and seats (Recaros). Everything is just looser and sloppier until replaced, and that's not cheap to fix.

VTECMACHINE
07-05-2009, 08:20 PM
it depends how long you are going to keep the car. If you are plannin on keeping the car for years and years, then get the car with lower km's. If you are only going to keep the car for a short period of time, then you can take the one with higher km's.
DC2R's go for a very long time, but it depends on how the old owner looked after it. I'd rather get a DC2R with 140,000 km's which has been serviced (like every 5000kms) and babied, rather than one with 60,000km's which has only had service every 10,000km's.

Bludger
07-05-2009, 10:12 PM
From 1st hand experience (from owning 2 dc2r's)

a dc2r with 60k. vs a dc2r with 130k. There is complete night and day difference.

Drive the older one and then drive the newer one...........

you will think the newer one is a brand new car.

Bludger
07-05-2009, 10:15 PM
it depends how long you are going to keep the car. If you are plannin on keeping the car for years and years, then get the car with lower km's. If you are only going to keep the car for a short period of time, then you can take the one with higher km's.
DC2R's go for a very long time, but it depends on how the old owner looked after it. I'd rather get a DC2R with 140,000 km's which has been serviced (like every 5000kms) and babied, rather than one with 60,000km's which has only had service every 10,000km's.higher km's are usually daily driven examples. Daily driven can't be babied.

The only way to keep a dc2r under 80k today is to only drive it very rarely.

maybe once every two weeks.

And would go with the 60k with 10k service intervals any day.

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2009, 01:08 AM
My DC2R is daily driven, done 115,000km's, and is babied, and serviced every 3-5000's. The engine and gearbox feel nicer than my mates DC2R with 62,000km's on it. My engine doesn't burn a drop of oil, no blow by... and it's perfect, and no slight problem with engine has occurred - I have tracked my car quite a few times. His car burns oil - he has never raced his car or taken it to a winding road. You can easily baby daily drivers. A well serviced car with more km's is not worse off than a car with less km's and less regularly serviced.

Toilet
08-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Interesting,
I kinda agree with Bludger though, as logical as it sounds. It would be reasonable to believe that sometimes the less k's done on a car would result in a generally more 'newer' feeling whilst driving.

On the other hand, to solely judge the condition and general feel of the car based on it's mileage would be vague and not entirely valid. Factors to consider would be the previous owner's maintenance of the car, how it drives to this day and obviously how the car looks exterior and interior wise.

As for common problems and issues relating to dc2's in general, have a browse through these links:
1.http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105125&highlight=Buying+Integra
2.http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73815&highlight=Buying+Integra
3.http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64198&highlight=Buying+Integra

Btw, good luck on your hunt :D

Bludger
08-05-2009, 08:47 AM
My DC2R is daily driven, done 115,000km's, and is babied, and serviced every 3-5000's. The engine and gearbox feel nicer than my mates DC2R with 62,000km's on it. My engine doesn't burn a drop of oil, no blow by... and it's perfect, and no slight problem with engine has occurred - I have tracked my car quite a few times. His car burns oil - he has never raced his car or taken it to a winding road. You can easily baby daily drivers. A well serviced car with more km's is not worse off than a car with less km's and less regularly serviced.There is no clear cut answer to this.

I was merely stating, just as a rule of thumb, that less km's driven, it has less chance of being in bad condition.

but .

I am anal retentive with my dc2r and its low km's. IMO anyway. ppl who know me know this. I go off aT ppl who close my doors too hard:p

LOL

Zilli
08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
^

I haven't driven any other R's... but mine isnt daily driven and is sitting on 70k kms now... i've had it since new and at one stage i did drive it every day early in the peice...

they are hard to come accross, and if they do have that low kms it means the ownjer has an attachment to the car, which means the asking price is higher...

in my opinioon, again, i agree that it depends what you want to do with it

VTECMACHINE
08-05-2009, 02:36 PM
I am anal retentive with my dc2r and its low km's. IMO anyway. ppl who know me know this. I go off aT ppl who close my doors too hard:p

LOL

Same... ahahah... and I feel like such a dick asking them too. I just make up that my window is off the rail or something, so if they slam it they will break my window. lol. But you know what... you have to do.

jks24
08-05-2009, 04:25 PM
yeh well i have found a nice clean example up here in brisbane woth only 83000kms on it and its fully stock. I like the fully stock idea as then i can do the mods i want and i know what has be done and will ensure it is done properly :0

With the servicing it has full log book servicing up until 65000 then the owner has done the last two oil changes using penrite oil, i guessing not real harm could have been done still?

jks24
08-05-2009, 04:27 PM
There is no clear cut answer to this.

I was merely stating, just as a rule of thumb, that less km's driven, it has less chance of being in bad condition.

but .

LOL

yeh im strict on my car atm and its only a ek1. However i worked hard for it so i do everything i can to keep it in good condition. I work on the logic, look after your car and the majority of the time it will look after you :)

CRXDEL501
08-05-2009, 04:46 PM
that white does look very clean.
mine has 71000 on it, and its been treated like a baby.
but i do have to agree with bludger, you generally assume a lower kms car has a less chance of stuff being wrong with it.
but you never know.

10KRPM
08-05-2009, 05:11 PM
why not take the guess work out of it and get the car properly checked over? i mean a full compression and leak down test....maybe even go so far as to do a dyno run too?

Same with the suspension, and other drive line components. Dont spend 20 grand and end up with a shitter of a car.

jks24
08-05-2009, 05:45 PM
why not take the guess work out of it and get the car properly checked over? i mean a full compression and leak down test....maybe even go so far as to do a dyno run too?

Same with the suspension, and other drive line components. Dont spend 20 grand and end up with a shitter of a car.

yeh this sounds good or i spose a racq inspection or take it to honda and get them to inspect it. Got my honda dealer to inspect my ek1 before i got it and they were more than happy to and didnt charge me much for it.

dudeling7
08-05-2009, 06:32 PM
man my car has over 200,000km on it hahaha and i think it runs better than cars with half the number of k's, must be a freak engine!!

i do service it every 5000km without fail and carry out all the work myself because i cant trust mechanics these days.

best just give it a drive or if ur pedantic give it a compression test its not hard to do and then make your decision from there. Although i wish my car had lower km's for re-sale purposes im not fussed ill be keeping it for a while lots of plans still.

fezp
09-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Same... ahahah... and I feel like such a dick asking them too. I just make up that my window is off the rail or something, so if they slam it they will break my window. lol. But you know what... you have to do.

same here.. that is when i still had my car.. i used to go ape shit at my sister for slamming my door. it's ppl who slammed my door that made it constantly go off the metal rails.. and every time they closed the door after that it would make a clanging sound..=( lebbos have it now =( the amount of times i miss shifted and thought i ****d my synchros up but they were fine.. it's true what they say hondas are built to last

also if this helps in looking for a car when you test drive it provided it's stock you should feel a pull in first-third gears. first gear - third gear vtec should give you a wheel spin in those three gears.. at least mine did and it was stock. easy way to tell if the engine is a dud or not (provided the tyre pressure is all fine and little things are okay cause when my tyre pressure was 22 at the rears i barely felt a vtec pull)

take it from someone my personal experience. whatever car you to decide on just have fun with it and dont be afraid to give it a hit here and there.. cause when you least expect it something could happen (like it gets stolen as mine did) and you'll miss it like crazy. also another tip.. OVER INSURE YOUR CAR.. other drivers suck and so it's always good to be on the safe side. i insured mine for the max i could get which is 20k

but i hope that doesn't happen to you as im also looking for a low km dc2r.. mine had 68ks when i'd bought it last year for 18k.. good luck trying to find something like that now days. i was too scared of using it to it's max potential and i just simply missed out on it.

VTECMACHINE
09-05-2009, 10:50 AM
same here.. that is when i still had my car.. i used to go ape shit at my sister for slamming my door. it's ppl who slammed my door that made it constantly go off the metal rails.. and every time they closed the door after that it would make a clanging sound..=( lebbos have it now =( the amount of times i miss shifted and thought i ****d my synchros up but they were fine.. it's true what they say hondas are built to last

also if this helps in looking for a car when you test drive it provided it's stock you should feel a pull in first-third gears. first gear - third gear vtec should give you a wheel spin in those three gears.. at least mine did and it was stock. easy way to tell if the engine is a dud or not (provided the tyre pressure is all fine and little things are okay cause when my tyre pressure was 22 at the rears i barely felt a vtec pull)

take it from someone my personal experience. whatever car you to decide on just have fun with it and dont be afraid to give it a hit here and there.. cause when you least expect it something could happen (like it gets stolen as mine did) and you'll miss it like crazy. also another tip.. OVER INSURE YOUR CAR.. other drivers suck and so it's always good to be on the safe side. i insured mine for the max i could get which is 20k

but i hope that doesn't happen to you as im also looking for a low km dc2r.. mine had 68ks when i'd bought it last year for 18k.. good luck trying to find something like that now days. i was too scared of using it to it's max potential and i just simply missed out on it.

:( *hug*

Bludger
09-05-2009, 11:47 AM
man my car has over 200,000km on it hahaha and i think it runs better than cars with half the number of k's, must be a freak engine!!

i do service it every 5000km without fail and carry out all the work myself because i cant trust mechanics these days.

best just give it a drive or if ur pedantic give it a compression test its not hard to do and then make your decision from there. Although i wish my car had lower km's for re-sale purposes im not fussed ill be keeping it for a while lots of plans still.
Its not all about compression tests and checks.

there is rthat new feeling that a high km's car just can't deliver.

You will always thing your car is good because you drive it everyday.
Only until you compare it with others that are same but older or newer , only then will you know how good or how shit your own car actually is.

VTECMACHINE
09-05-2009, 11:51 AM
You will always thing your car is good because you drive it everyday.
Only until you compare it with others that are same but older or newer , only then will you know how good or how shit your own car actually is.

Mine used to be awesome... now it's shit, cos of cage, engine mounts and shit... Rattles! But meh, it's a DC2R it's meant for that shit, not to be show ponied around.

jks24
09-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Mine used to be awesome... now it's shit, cos of cage, engine mounts and shit... Rattles! But meh, it's a DC2R it's meant for that shit, not to be show ponied around.

yeh im not expecting it to be a luxary ride, ive been told they are very raw and focussed and this makes me want one even more.

Ive decided now i might look at ones with up to maybe 120000kms.

A nice one i was looking at with 83000kms for 20k is sold :(

jks24
09-05-2009, 08:39 PM
have a look at this car, has alot of mods.
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=6762956&__Qpb=true&Cr=8&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Price_Decim al%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_S tring%7c0&keywords=&__No=0&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965322% 204294965105%20412%204294921591&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&PriceTo=412&seot=0&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=25&__sid=1212712917DB

What are your thoughts, better to stay away from it with that many mods??

VTECMACHINE
10-05-2009, 12:50 AM
I think it looks gay. Yes it has a few good parts on it... but yeah look homo.

10KRPM
10-05-2009, 08:19 AM
That car has been on sale here and in carsales for a long long time. If you do decide on this one, get it throughly checked out.

10KRPM
10-05-2009, 08:22 AM
That yellow stock one in NT looks quite mint. And he is offering free shipping. Only problem is his so far away.....no cheap flights methinks.

THeX
10-05-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm curious to know what people have paid for their DC2R's lately with low k's. Given that white one with 83,000 sold recently and someone in this thread mentioned they got one last year for $18k with 68,000 on the clock, I wonder if you could potentially score a unmodified/lightly modified DC2R one with sub 100,000k's for $16-17k right now?

I've got my eye on the yellow one in NT.. would be interested to see how much it sells for!

jks24
10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
yeh does anyone on here happen to know who got that white one with 83000kms on it?? It looked like it was in immaculate condition

VTECMACHINE
10-05-2009, 05:03 PM
There are quite a few DC2R's for sale atm. Some good examples, and stock too.

jks24
10-05-2009, 05:06 PM
There are quite a few DC2R's for sale atm. Some good examples, and stock too.

yeh doesnt seem to be all that many on carsales with kms under 100000 though. Is it reasonable to think i will get one with under 100000kms for 20k or less?? Ive been told if i want low kms i will pay over 20k.

90LAN
10-05-2009, 05:51 PM
i would look at the whole package just not the kms

anyway theres a white dc2r on logan rd holland park in a car yard forsale
go check it out looks in good cond

10KRPM
11-05-2009, 04:39 PM
If your going to a dealer make sure you haggle the shit out of the price. Also if they offer warrenty through avn its not worth the paper its written on.

Mate at work used to work for them, says they are not that good when it comes to backing up their warranties.

jks24
11-05-2009, 04:56 PM
If your going to a dealer make sure you haggle the shit out of the price. Also if they offer warrenty through avn its not worth the paper its written on.

Mate at work used to work for them, says they are not that good when it comes to backing up their warranties.

yeh mate i will keep this in mind, i still dont plan on trading my current car in. Dealers dont want to give you anything for your car usually. Ill be selling privately.

jks24
12-05-2009, 12:24 PM
ok so i have some thoughts on kms now. Next question, is it worth buying a dc2r is plenty of mods or better to buy stockish??

1900-hustler
12-05-2009, 12:38 PM
with higher km ones there is slightly more wear on the interior (recaros, shifter, steering wheel etc)

but i have driven a few in my time when friends wanted to get one and when i was looking for one.. and the one i decided to get had the highest km (at the time) and it drove alot better and felt better than the other lower km examples..

of course do wish mine was in better cond (interior & exterior) and lower kms. but i cant fault the driving experience at all.. no matter what you end up with you will have a ball

Perry
12-05-2009, 01:42 PM
ok so i have some thoughts on kms now. Next question, is it worth buying a dc2r is plenty of mods or better to buy stockish??

It depends on what you want to do to the car later on, such I,H,E.

Buying a car with the mods you want = less money for you to spend.

jks24
12-05-2009, 02:42 PM
It depends on what you want to do to the car later on, such I,H,E.

Buying a car with the mods you want = less money for you to spend.

yeh ive found one fullky set up, intake, headers, exhaust, coilovers, strut bars, brakes, hids.Has it all pritty much

1900-hustler
12-05-2009, 02:52 PM
try to get the stock parts too if you can..
in case you get sick of the mods or one of them fails etc

Perry
12-05-2009, 03:15 PM
yeh ive found one fullky set up, intake, headers, exhaust, coilovers, strut bars, brakes, hids.Has it all pritty much

cool keep us updated :thumbsup: oh yeah try to get the stock parts aswell if they still have it I know most owners once starts modifying their cars they just sell the stock parts.

jks24
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
cool keep us updated :thumbsup: oh yeah try to get the stock parts aswell if they still have it I know most owners once starts modifying their cars they just sell the stock parts.

yeh luckily most of the stock parts for this car will be sent with the sale :D

jords
12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Clean examples are hard to find, and worth the money if you ask me.

jks24
12-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Clean examples are hard to find, and worth the money if you ask me.

you talking about dc2r's in general mate??

ShiRi
25-05-2009, 05:30 PM
yeh does anyone on here happen to know who got that white one with 83000kms on it?? It looked like it was in immaculate condition

Was that one in Melbourne? Had drivers side panel replacements but was otherwise fine.

jks24
25-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Was that one in Melbourne? Had drivers side panel replacements but was otherwise fine.

na it was up here in brisbane. I found another one
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=6748535&__Qpb=true&Cr=14&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Price_Decim al%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_S tring%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201282%204294965322%204294965105%20412%20 900&silo=1011&PriceTo=412&seot=0&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=38&__sid=1216F439A7E4

I drove it yesterday and this car is immaculate, lowest he would go was 17k which i kinda thought was to expensive but now im thinking it might be worth it.

On that car can someone tell me the actual difference between the integra type r and then the integra type r "sport"

xQuizit
25-05-2009, 10:15 PM
na it was up here in brisbane. I found another one
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=6748535&__Qpb=true&Cr=14&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Price_Decim al%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_S tring%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201282%204294965322%204294965105%20412%20 900&silo=1011&PriceTo=412&seot=0&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=38&__sid=1216F439A7E4

I drove it yesterday and this car is immaculate, lowest he would go was 17k which i kinda thought was to expensive but now im thinking it might be worth it.

On that car can someone tell me the actual difference between the integra type r and then the integra type r "sport"

if the seller means "sport" by limited edition
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8638&highlight=type+sport

Mechaniac
25-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Id buy that one myself i have been looking for a clean example in NSW for a while, all the stockers dropped of the face of the earth. That car does look good especially the mugen twin loop :D

Mechaniac
25-05-2009, 11:22 PM
What about this one it looks like it is in good condition under all that rice.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7200299&__Qpb=true&Cr=7&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201282%204294965322%204294965105%20898&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&__No=30&seot=0&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=116&__sid=1214F9C65E8A

Or this which is stock but it looks like it has been thrashed

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=6711054&__Qpb=true&Cr=6&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201282%204294965322%204294965105%20898&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&__No=30&seot=0&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=116&__sid=1214F9C65E8A

jks24
26-05-2009, 12:48 AM
yeh man that last one seats look like they have had a rough life, gives me the impresion the car has not been looked after, ill stay clear of it. Ill keep on that type r sport i think. Now i think about it 17k sounds good for that car i think with the mods it has

Bludger
26-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Another way to quickly tell the condition of a dc2r is to look at the steering wheel.

Does the leather still have the grain intact??

or is it all worn and shiny all over or in certain areas??

THeX
02-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Here's a nice yellow one that's popped up recently, I wonder if he'll get his asking price. Given current conditions I'd say he'll get offers of around $20k

See:
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7221199&__Qpb=true&Cr=1&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price_Decimal|1|| pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965322% 204294965105%204294921591&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&seot=0&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=47&__sid=11FEF8FB5AF9

10KRPM
02-06-2009, 08:27 PM
geeze louise....that thing is MINT.

I think if you were able to get this one for around 20k you would be doing quite well.