PDA

View Full Version : cost of a full body respray?

dannyhuynh
08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey guys im wondering how much i will be looking at to get a full body respray and to weld the holes made from the spoiler?

and secondly, where would i be able to find someone or a place to do this job?

Thanks

hotdc2
08-05-2009, 09:48 AM
you're looking at at least 2.5k for a cheeeap job. I;d suggest the yellow pages for a local spray painters or panel beaters

Parsout
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Full respray quoted on my EK Civic about 4 months ago, $6500 - that includes everything - some welding, some touching up, some dings, some scratches etc. exceptions: getting the motor taken out before hand, and put back in afterwards.

45SET
08-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Just had mine done.

External respray (No door jams etc) in the stock silver with gold pearl, rear spoiler holes welded up, and a dint in my rear boot fix, and any other little dents fixed up.

Came to a total of $2800, but that was cash, and mates rates.

I did go to a few other places and they quoted me around $5k

Webby_roller
08-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey, Im also looking for a full paint and was told by several paint shops that they wouldn't touch it for at least 4-5K....

45SET
08-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey, Im also looking for a full paint and was told by several paint shops that they wouldn't touch it for at least 4-5K....

I had mine done at Paint-N-Panels 'R' Us - Browns Plains.

I'm very happy with the work they did, and would reccomend them to anyone. If you do go down there to get a quote, tell them Robi with the Silver with Gold pearl Integra Type R sent you.

FastFwd
08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I got my guards customized 40mm wider, i got some small damage removed on the rear of my car, dings and dents and one of my doors needed re-sleaving and also got some custom work done on my rear bumper to remove some of the fins from the original buddy club kit. Plus got fully painted in 4 layers of R34 GTR white with a smidgen of blue perl in it and 3 layers of clear coat all for $4200.

If your car doesnt have any damage and just want a full respay because your paints fading then i would say dont pay more than $3500.

i got quotes for as high as $8000. Some will just charge what they want cos they do mainly Insurance jobs and they charge the insurers what ever they want so for people that want a simple cash job they will charge them through the roof and if they accept then good for them but if they bail then the painter can make more money doing insurance jobs. Thats why you need to find a painter thats willing to do any type of work.

Type S Tony
08-05-2009, 12:30 PM

I'm very happy with the work they did, and would reccomend them to anyone. If you do go down there to get a quote, tell them Robi with the Silver with Gold pearl Integra Type R sent you.

Make sure you say "Robi With the wanna be type S sent you" Then they will definantly know who your talking about!

Webby_roller
08-05-2009, 03:05 PM

Cheers for that... i may go down and see what they think....

90LAN
08-05-2009, 03:22 PM
tilksie does them for 220 real cheap
maybe you can ask him how much for you
his in syd too

Rehaan Khan
09-05-2009, 12:15 AM
hey i had my car quoted 1600 fully respray and fix couple of dents...only outside paint...

hisoka
09-05-2009, 12:32 AM
tilksie does them for 220 real cheap
maybe you can ask him how much for you
his in syd too

lol man i thought inala paintjobs were cheap loL~

duckey
09-05-2009, 01:59 AM
hey i had my car quoted 1600 fully respray and fix couple of dents...only outside paint...

damn where was this at?

dannyhuynh
09-05-2009, 11:56 PM
i guess i will be saving then xD thanks for the help guys

Rehaan Khan
10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
its in granville...1600 thats how much the guy quoted my car wid few dents to fix...cheershope that helps...n dont forgot to rep me up...lol cheers

gach2
11-05-2009, 02:07 AM
you can get resprays for 1-1.5k
ive had a $1200 respray with a custom pearl blue colour
in the past and did turn out decent
though i know some that does very good work that charges around 1500-2500 (depending if you want to change colours etc)
had a few mates go to him and looked as though it was factory work
as for anything over 3k youd be an idiot to pay 4 it unless its not standard work or you got sizable repairs

duckey
11-05-2009, 02:25 PM
damn guys thats pretty cheap!

i just need to get a door and quarter panel sprayed. can anyone hook me up or hit us with some phone numbers?

cheers

gach2
11-05-2009, 07:08 PM
go to uneek smash repairs
no number
but its in greenacre
claremont avenue
left hand side when turning from brunker rd (only a few shops down)

duckey
11-05-2009, 07:34 PM
cheers mate!

vu59
07-07-2009, 08:38 PM
just buy like 20 cans and do it yourself

ewendc2r
13-07-2009, 10:09 AM
For those who have had a respray, did you have the car sanded down first or over the top of original coats? Was it baked?

I am really cautious about spraying over top as I've seen delamination happen between new and old paint layers before...

ekvtir90
13-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I got a few dints that are annoying the hell out of me and I want them repaired, is there a way of fixing them without the paint job? if so how much?

jimidy
14-07-2009, 10:19 PM
I got a few dints that are annoying the hell out of me and I want them repaired, is there a way of fixing them without the paint job? if so how much?

yes its called paintless dent romoval its abit pricy but when your looking at bog and spray its a much better job they have special tools takes them a few hours depending on the job look them up they can do some good work

vcreation
02-08-2009, 02:35 AM
if you are looking for a SHIT doggy respray,, around $1500 or less, but that will give u a shit job, i mean... reverse side of ur bonnet, ur engine bay, inside doors are not painted.
a real paintjob they need to remove engine and all those stuff, window trims, door panels and all those things and respray the whole car. then $5-6k is reasonable. as for fixing holes. i don't think it'd cost much extra if ur doing the respray. but yeah, shit job cost $1500ish