PDA

View Full Version : How to take off an EG rear bumper?

GEG
08-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, dumb question, so in here it goes:

Civic EG Si

My rear bumper is not sitting right, i know the car had a previous accident. it is hanging off a little, not held tight/at all to the panel above.

Anyone know how to get access to the clips or bolts, for tightening or replacement/addition?

eght
08-05-2009, 10:53 AM
read the manual. you can obtain one from www.hondahookup.com/manuals .

FastFwd
08-05-2009, 11:21 AM
1 or 2 bolts on each side under the guards. You will need to take off the plastic shroud first. Then 3-5 bolts at the front. I havent taken off a stock eg front bumper in a long time but thats where all the bolts are situated.

riruiz_88
08-05-2009, 03:07 PM
he talkin bout the rear bar dude^^^
open your tail gate (part where your reverse lights are attached to) and look in the gap at the bottom and you will see screws i think there are 5 here. and there are more screws at either side of the car, just below your wheel arch. be sure not to round the heads of the screws

GEG
08-05-2009, 03:17 PM
yeh i got a wrench set, so that i dont mess up the screws from now on as i get more into the diy.

but just not sure how to get to the side screws, the manual shows it a little too simplified, doesnt show how to get to it!

kcokla
08-05-2009, 03:26 PM
might have to take off the wheel arch guard things
and put ur hands in there and feel for it
more or less like the front

riruiz_88
08-05-2009, 04:49 PM
yeh i got a wrench set, so that i dont mess up the screws from now on as i get more into the diy.

but just not sure how to get to the side screws, the manual shows it a little too simplified, doesnt show how to get to it!

if its OEM screws then you will need phillips head screwdriver. remember to push down firmly while turning left (lefty loosy, righty tighty ehhh hahah) to remove the ones just under your tail gate. u can see these right?

the ones to the sides are piss weak. suggest you find an alternative bolts/screws to replace the OEM ones. to get to these, get your head under the rear guard easier when wheel is removed. look to where the bumper joins to the rear part of the car at the arch.