PDA

View Full Version : The old girl and the new girl.

Deano_EK
08-05-2009, 08:20 PM
As some of you may know i wrote my civic off a bit over a month ago, and managed to get myself another car a couple of days ago, i ended up buying what i was looking for, and got myself into a MY00 Subaru WRX. And i love it. its a limited model, meaning it came out with factory black leather interior, not cloth, its got very minimal mods, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, turbo timer, clarion touch screen cd player, probably going to keep it fairly stock to keep the cops off my back a little. Best of all the paint is in prime condtion, the 2 owners that have had this car before me both garaged it, and im keeping the tradtion going. Its also only done 76000 which is very low for a 00 model. Overall i am stoked with the buy and get a huge smile everytime i start it up. I know its no honda but i hope you guys can still appreciate it :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Deano17/P5120327.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Deano17/Loz005.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Deano17/interior.jpg

Scott.QQ
08-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Nice upgrade!.. Congrats!

90LAN
08-05-2009, 08:40 PM
wrong thread buddy
any way i drove one of these for a while
seats are too slippery
do a few hi rev launches lol

[NAV]
08-05-2009, 08:47 PM
avoid high rev launches... wrx gearboxes arent that strong..

Boban
08-05-2009, 08:52 PM
hahaha lol lan, i had a mates sti over some time ago, used to spin all 4 when launched hard, gearbox didn't last too long after that :D

congrats on the purchase mate

Deano_EK
08-05-2009, 09:12 PM
i dont ever launch it hard, as i know that the boxes arent the strongest, either way im very happy with it. handles like its on rails. Even dad wants one now :P

eeKayFouR
08-05-2009, 09:25 PM
grats :thumbsup: nice upgrade ! :D say no to chromies!

Deano_EK
08-05-2009, 11:13 PM
no chromies on this one, happy with the look of it with the standard rims for the moment, but we all know that will change down the track :D

atenza
09-05-2009, 12:07 AM
nice one! my bro had the later model rex and gripped like a mofo!!! i didnt like the build quality- his old prelude seemed to fit together nicer and he agrees...but performance was wild...

hisoka
09-05-2009, 12:38 AM
nice choice mate.

i have same one but painted it dark purple. and few mods . its awsome car, but leaves you dry in the pocket cause of petrol and gearboxes.

i reccomend a dogbox, pays itself off, considering you will go through 5 gearboxes if you start doing 7k drops.

MikeyG
09-05-2009, 01:31 AM
nice upgrade dude, i think if you lower it .. it will be excellent but as you stated didnt want cops on your back but overall its nice and its neat. keep it stock baby :D btw my dseries can beat that :p

spastic
09-05-2009, 10:59 AM
that rex shits all over an ek1

great upgrade buddy !!!

Riviera
09-05-2009, 11:22 AM
vurdy vurdy nice rex :thumbsup: definate +++upgrade lol

nigs
09-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I too enjoy gearboxes made of glass.

Stabo
09-05-2009, 03:12 PM
As someone who has owned a MY99 WRX and multiple Hondas I think I can comment :P

Firstly, congrats! I loved my WRX and don't worry too much about the gear box, from MY99 onwards they were not as bad, just don't do too many 7k launchers ;)

I enjoyed the increased power in the lower/mid range and you definitely get more 'respect' for driving a WRX than a Honda Civic/Integra.

I'll admit I did miss being able to wind the engine out past 8000RPM, but the whistle of the turbo is fantastic.

It looks like you got a great example, I had a White MY99 with about 100,000kms on it and was thinking about getting another one. White and your blue are my favorite colours and to get one with such low kms is fantastic! If you don't mind, may I ask you how much you picked it up for? While petrol prices were shocking they all came down quite a bit, but I think have since crept back up...

EK1.6LCIV
11-05-2009, 11:07 AM
invest in a dog box, billet shafts :D

and anything from the B4 that's going cheap

Chriskoss
11-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Nice rex man, subarus are a benchmark in quality.. my00 is my favourite model the newer ones just look dumb! Keep those wheels they r tops

Deano_EK
12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
As someone who has owned a MY99 WRX and multiple Hondas I think I can comment :P

Firstly, congrats! I loved my WRX and don't worry too much about the gear box, from MY99 onwards they were not as bad, just don't do too many 7k launchers ;)

I enjoyed the increased power in the lower/mid range and you definitely get more 'respect' for driving a WRX than a Honda Civic/Integra.

I'll admit I did miss being able to wind the engine out past 8000RPM, but the whistle of the turbo is fantastic.

It looks like you got a great example, I had a White MY99 with about 100,000kms on it and was thinking about getting another one. White and your blue are my favorite colours and to get one with such low kms is fantastic! If you don't mind, may I ask you how much you picked it up for? While petrol prices were shocking they all came down quite a bit, but I think have since crept back up...

Picked it up for 15.5, a little over market value but for the condition it was in and the amount of kms it was much easier to hand the cash over for it . petrol isnt too bad, for a full tank of premium is around the $55 mark roughly, as long as i dont drive it stupidly i can get a week out of it easily roughly 400-450kms a tank,

lookingforboost
13-05-2009, 12:25 AM
when you get a computer tuned they run heaps better on fuel my mums gets 480-550 out of a tank she just has a uni chip in it but upgrading to a haltech computer caz she dosent like the AFM lol

dont launch it.... it will brake.... lol and dont shift hard from 1st to 2nd like in a honda that = broken to seen it happen a few times now

Stabo
13-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Picked it up for 15.5, a little over market value but for the condition it was in and the amount of kms it was much easier to hand the cash over for it . petrol isnt too bad, for a full tank of premium is around the $55 mark roughly, as long as i dont drive it stupidly i can get a week out of it easily roughly 400-450kms a tank,

wow, I don't know if it's because prices are a little higher in Adelaide, but to get a MY00 in that condition with those kms for $15.5K is great!

I've just been looking at carsales under SA and the average is about $16-17K for a MY99 with ~130,000kms.

You wouldn't be interested in selling it to me would you? :P

seihoa
13-05-2009, 10:45 AM
nice gc8 !

dw ull be fine with the gearbox since ur car is pretty much stock... everyone thinks the wrx gearbox is weak but it isnt its the users that abuse the box with hard shifting and upgrading power / HD clutch which then puts alot of strain on the box since it wasnt designed for that much power etc.

never go HD clutch that kills the box so never go HD clutch unless u have a ppg helical cut or straight cut box.

EG52NV
13-05-2009, 11:58 AM
nice upgrade, any turbo lag?

Deano_EK
13-05-2009, 02:24 PM
nice upgrade, any turbo lag?

not much turbo lag at all, starts spooling up from about 2200-2300, and keeps pulling all the way to about 6500

Mugen_B16B
13-05-2009, 02:45 PM
wrong thread buddy
any way i drove one of these for a while
seats are too slippery
do a few hi rev launches lol
OMG LAN NOT IN A HONDA!
what has this world come to....:p

kazam
14-05-2009, 02:47 PM
GET OFF OUR FORUM U TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honda 4 lyfe

ozhonda 4 lyfe

ozhonda > lyfe