PDA

View Full Version : s2000 seats & rails

STTICH
09-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Hi to all s2k owners.

anyone know if there's any distinct difference between early and late model s2k seats? ie material and seats rails in particular. jdm and aus spec seems to be different too?

cheers!

vyets
09-05-2009, 12:49 AM
JDM VGS has suede or something in the middle
AUDM full leather
ap2 seats look like a different material the headrest is full dosen't have that hole in it.
and apprantly the rails for ap1 and ap2 are different I don't know what the difference is but.

ludecrs
14-05-2009, 11:04 AM
^

I would rep you, but as usual it won't let me, as I must spread it around before giving it to you again. LOL.

STTICH
20-09-2009, 01:23 AM
not sure if this has been covered before. but since its seats related. i'll continue to post in this thread.

does anyone here with red s2k seats have any advise as to how to keep them clean?

dark coloured pants/jeans unfriendly to red leather seats :(

NVD52K
20-09-2009, 10:43 PM
get some meguirs leather cleaner and leather treatment works the best, also moisturises the leather and gives it a natural look nothing like that shiny reflective stuff soon as you do it feels like you can slip and slide in the seat haha

AHMARNI
21-09-2009, 02:44 PM
not sure if this has been covered before. but since its seats related. i'll continue to post in this thread.

does anyone here with red s2k seats have any advise as to how to keep them clean?

dark coloured pants/jeans unfriendly to red leather seats :(

I have cream leather seats, and know where you're coming from. I used to think I was 'seeing things'- a slight blue tinge after wearing certain jeans while driving :( After trying about 6 different leather cleaner/protectant products, my mechanic put me onto Uncle Bob's Beeswax) It's an Australian made product which helps to prevent staining by providing a protective coat which also keeps leather beautifully soft and supple! Before applying the beeswax I gently use a soft cloth with warm water to gently remove any marks. I've used a few general leather cleaners (for furniture) before and they work well on heavier marks.

You need time and muscle to work the beeswax into the leather but it is well worth it, and provides some nice driver-car bonding time :) FYI- "Uncle Bob's Beeswax heals and restores sore feet and hair, nourishes and waterproofs leather and maintains supplety, seals and protects terracotta pots. Can also be used on split ends, rubber, wooden furniture, saddlery, floors, dry skin, and vinyl!" hehe this product does it all :thumbsup:

I'm sure you can find similar things in other states, it's just a tub which states ingredients as beeswax and vegetable oils.
Uncle Bob's Beeswax- Ph 0429 873 032.