PDA

View Full Version : Turbo kit for GD3 VTIS

bestjazz101
10-05-2009, 12:32 AM
So just returning from my trip to malaysia.. i saw a few honda jazzs with turbo.. they look really cool.. i went to a couple of performance shops they sell a full HKS for about $5kAUS fitted.. but they warn that basically everyone comes back because their CVT gear box blows.. even turbo'ed jazzes that are manual the gear box does not hold up.. is there a way around this?

ksl
10-05-2009, 09:03 PM
I saw some taiwan turbo kit on the jazz in HK, and using sport heavy duty clutch, lasted them for around 40000km.

NvM
15-05-2009, 09:12 AM
i had a turbo kit on my jazz till last year, had no issues with the manual gearbox at all had it on for close to 50000kms and the other friend who had a turbo jazz had no real issues with his cvt he was running a top fuel kit and i had a custom made kit. It all depends on how much boost you will run, and what power figure you wish to achieve.

sassy_fit_vtit
15-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Im running 4psi low for the last 4 3 years 55,000kms and still running fine.

M@lew
15-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Did only using 4psi improve the performance a lot, or would you say it was too expensive for such little gain?

kongfu
15-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Did only using 4psi improve the performance a lot, or would you say it was too expensive for such little gain?

its really depend on personal financial status and interests.

expensive?modify car is expensive:) as long as owner is happy to release the potential its worth it.

M@lew
15-05-2009, 09:57 PM
More so a question of was the potential released or could it have been better. I did realise it is only the 1.3 Jazz though, so maybe 4psi is a safer way of doing it?

sassy_fit_vtit
16-05-2009, 02:07 AM
my car is a L15 the project started out just trying to do something different and over the yrs other things have come up so i havent had the means to really tune it to its full potential. i have heard very positive numbers for the jazz but at the end of the day its still a 1.5l sohc. it is a good drive and u canfeel the bost kick in but atm my set up is abit laggy bcz of the fmic size and length of piping.

as kungfu said, it us personal preferance and circumsances which will determine the power gain and durability on the drive chain and engine, additionally driving style and use.

understandably i have 2 young children and i'm a conservative driver which is why i have it at low boost.

the degree you choose to modify ur car is up to how much of an enthusiest you really are. money wise, if i wanted performance on a bugdet, i would've bought a r33 if i wanted big numbers.