PDA

View Full Version : how much for this install?

N4CER
01-11-2004, 11:45 AM
http://teamintegrated.org/Ti/cruises/5thcruise/page2/images/Ti5thcruise%20153.jpg

I believe this is PERTH_EURO's car, but does anyone know roughly how much this would cost and can recommend someone to do it (preferably that has done something similar) in Melbourne?

I'm talking about just the lay out in the boot & connecting the amps & subs up as I already have my own.

Thanks!

Fhrx
03-11-2004, 08:22 AM
I would aim for a grand or two dude. :)

When you consider the painting of the buckets underneath, the cost of materials (especially the perspex) and labour, you wouldn't get a great deal of change from $2k. :D

aka_NSX
03-11-2004, 08:32 AM
FHRX is right should be around $2k easy for that sort of installation

N4CER
03-11-2004, 10:01 AM
can anyone recommend a good place in Melbourne that does a really good job with custom installs? (If you've been somewhere and have pics feel free to PM me with them!)

The last guy I went to butchered my system lol, hence me wanting to get a nice install like the one in the link above.

J-MuN
03-11-2004, 03:33 PM
can anyone recommend a good place in Melbourne that does a really good job with custom installs? (If you've been somewhere and have pics feel free to PM me with them!)

The last guy I went to butchered my system lol, hence me wanting to get a nice install like the one in the link above.

yeh "tower audio" either in melton (9746 0222) or oakleigh (9568 7355)... whicheva is closest to you.. they are a lil pricey-er than others but they are perfectionists...

PERTH_EURO
03-11-2004, 04:05 PM
that install cost me around $1700. Thats for the woodwork and genereal layout, chrome pole, vinyl work, etched perspex.

Doesnt include lighting, sound deadening, components etc

Here is the finished product. Not the best piccy tho

http://img3.exs.cx/img3/9256/IMG_0881.jpg

and some more...

http://teamintegrated.org/Ti/events/PAS04/images/eIMG_0605.jpg

http://teamintegrated.org/Ti/events/PAS04/images/IMG_0661.JPG

[stealth]
03-11-2004, 05:04 PM
damn that looks nice...

:)

GenV
03-11-2004, 06:11 PM
That Looks Hot!!

N4CER
03-11-2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the numbers J-Mun...i called them this afternoon and emailed a picture, hopefully they can give me an estimate price, then I'll go see them.

Thanks PERTH_EURO, thats the sorta install I'm looking for...did you come up with that idea or...?

Also, how long did it take for it to be all complete?

PERTH_EURO
03-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the numbers J-Mun...i called them this afternoon and emailed a picture, hopefully they can give me an estimate price, then I'll go see them.

Thanks PERTH_EURO, thats the sorta install I'm looking for...did you come up with that idea or...?

Also, how long did it take for it to be all complete?

Yes I did a number of sketches to show the installer what i wanted.
Also sat down for an hour or so, with the actual installer, not the salesman, to explain everything, so that he and I were on the same wave length.

I had a very clear goal before i even went in the shop.

They made some minor changes along the way which just enhanced my ideas anyways. All n all very happy with them.

They had my car for 2 weeks as i was away, and I didnt want a rushed job

SIKCVC
03-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Could be done for a lot less than $1700... it doesn't look too detailed. Man $1700 I'm so getting back into it :D EASY MONEY :D :D :D

vtc
03-11-2004, 08:13 PM
I presume your walking if you got a flat tyre? or is it still there.

PERTH_EURO
03-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Could be done for a lot less than $1700... it doesn't look too detailed. Man $1700 I'm so getting back into it :D EASY MONEY :D :D :D

I guess you get what you pay for.
Yep as many peeps have said I could probably got it cheaper, but I am a true believer in you get what you pay for and I am extremely happy with the job.
The after sales service has been awesome as well, including boot de-install after getting rear ended.

I presume your walking if you got a flat tyre? or is it still there.

hahah yep for sure, im hittin the pavement if i get a flat. (its not going to do me any harm!!)