PDA

View Full Version : Civic sport 09 color issue

Simy
10-05-2009, 01:37 PM
i recently came to a deal in getting a civic sport. deposit has been put and i was looking at either the silver or white in manual. the sales person said he had the sparkle gray ready, but would have to check on the silver and when he could order one in etc.

2 weeks later, he came back to me saying only his dealer (dunno if i can name it) had civic sport in manual in the whole of aus (well nsw at least) and the only colors there are, are sparkle grey. and honda will not let him order another color.. i have rang up another deal to check if he was bsing, but still waiting to get back to me

i find this a little hard to believe..maybe his dealer just wants to get rid of the stock they have...don't know what to do now. any ideas or advice guys?:confused:

spastic
10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
u are the buyer

if u rekon they bs'ing u around

dont buy off them simple, do some shopping around and try luck else where.

ndeuro_
10-05-2009, 01:42 PM
he prolly bsing you. cause he cbf ordering it in and wants to make the sale asap

aaronng
10-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Agreed, if they can't get your colour, go to another dealer.

Simy
10-05-2009, 01:47 PM
so i should be able to get my deposit back eh....

well yeah i gotta check with other dealers first, thanks

warwick108
10-05-2009, 01:50 PM
well..u should be able to get ur deposit back.. im guessing when u put a deposit you had to sign some contract of some sort? did the contract state which color the vehicle is gonna be in?.. =S

Simy
10-05-2009, 01:51 PM
don't think so, but yeah i did sign a contract

Waternmo
10-05-2009, 02:08 PM
oh no... watever u do, put subject to the delivery date or subject to finance, put down the expected date provided by the dealer, or u can just say ya finance didnt pass, than u'll get all ya money back, also u can get em back if the contract states Silver and when they cant provide u with a silver civic sport, its them whos breakin the contract... good luck...

FDBenni
10-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Pretty sure you can't go back on your deposit unless you wanna lose it. But just depends whats written on the contract, did it specify what colour?

Sherweeeny
10-05-2009, 07:21 PM
im not sure about others, but i usually sign only when 100% sure of everything, and i know the exact cars been located?

you might lose your deposit, but i dont agree you shouldve signed in the first place.

ekdez
11-05-2009, 09:19 AM
contract law was fun at uni! LOL

anyhow, go read the contract you signed with the honda dealership itself and then decide what to do.

you should have a copy at home because they will give you a copy of it when you sign it, if you lost it bad luck.

when i ordered my fd, model, colour, options etc.. was stated.

i just find it odd how there was $30+ g's being put up for a car and you didn't read the contract in full before signing :\

best of luck buddy.

BC8
11-05-2009, 06:38 PM
I work at a dealership

Dealer/sales person will always try to sell something you dont want. Ie. Colour of the car not avaliable and trying to get rid of their floor stock. Anything in stock for long periods, they will defintely try to pass it onto you

As for colours, models. They can always swap their stock with another dealer and get it in for you. Depends how desperate you are and whether its a profitable deal.

My 2c

Fung
14-05-2009, 11:30 PM
any updates?

Kangaaz
22-05-2009, 11:03 AM
2 weeks later, he came back to me saying only his dealer (dunno if i can name it) had civic sport in manual in the whole of aus (well nsw at least) and the only colors there are, are sparkle grey. and honda will not let him order another color.. i have rang up another deal to check if he was bsing, but still waiting to get back to me:

Def go to another dealer, why would Honda advertise all these colours if somehow you can't end up with the colour you want, whatever the reason is.

Sparkel Grey is quite nice though, that was my first preference but the lead time just kept growing, so ended with a black one and regreting it ever since.