PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] HKS hipermax iii coilover kit

xsite85
10-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi guys,

I am in store for a new set of coilovers.. i've read many thread inrelation to buddy club this buddy club that...

have you guys considered looking into these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-HIPERMAX-III-COILOVER-04-08-ACURA-TSX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2 Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3 a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem 2c4e268335QQitemZ190289707829QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fT ruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Anyone have any suggestions or comments?? :wave:

craze
10-05-2009, 10:45 PM
What are you looking for in coilovers? Improving handling or slamming the car?

oongie
10-05-2009, 11:12 PM
They look the biz.
but people vouch for the buddyclub as it goes really low!

hisoka
10-05-2009, 11:56 PM
talk to innozent, his got hks on his EK.

r-r-redEuro
11-05-2009, 12:05 AM
hey they look pretty good. does anyone know any info on these for the CL9 ?

xsite85
11-05-2009, 01:56 AM
hey they look pretty good. does anyone know any info on these for the CL9 ?

thats what i'm searching for red...
seems like nobody is vouncing for these instead...

to be honest.. i'm getting 20" and just lowering the car for looks...
enough to get over humps and actually get into westfields... thats all i ask..

felixd
11-05-2009, 03:59 AM
hmm too much money spent if u only want looks :D go for K sport they r value for money coilover

innozent
11-05-2009, 04:32 AM
just get your springs chopped is you are going for 20' wheels
I think this will be same level as Tein SS

felixd
11-05-2009, 08:20 AM
just get your springs chopped is you are going for 20' wheels
I think this will be same level as Tein SS

hmm mayb not chopped its dangerous .get springs then

hisoka
11-05-2009, 09:07 AM
i bet if everyone knew that the driftking chopped his springs ages ago, everyone would start doing it lol

enkay
11-05-2009, 10:04 AM
info from heeltoeauto but just translated form hks site.

Spring Rate Fr/Rr: (9) / (5) Lowering Fr/Rr: 53 / 33 mmMax Lowering Fr/Rr: 81 / 77 mm The street use standard model which supposes the sport radial tire.While following DNA of the HKS single tube type technology which is actualized with HIPERMAX ll and Performer, you bet the more polishing on travelling efficiency and balance of riding comfort.The travelling efficiency which the liberal bulk piston which has optimum [deguretsushibu] quality with HDP (Hiper Digressive Piston) adoption produces.And with new design rubber upper with improvement of the silent characteristic riding comfort furthermore improvement (as for inverted type damper pyro upper only setting).Furthermore, the pyro upper mount adjusting to the taste, becomes selection possible, by yourself you can enjoy seasoning the running.Considering street use in 1st, adopting the strengthening rubber upper mount.It is superior in silent characteristic and durability.(As for inverted system only pyro ball upper mount)The fact that the shaft by the stepping stone and the like from outside is hurt is prevented.Adopting necessary total length pitch integral expression to single tube system and the styling of the HKS suspension tradition which guarantees high travelling efficiency.Pliant riding comfort and the styling are actualized.???????K?ol[g?I?.Resistance fading, it is superior in resistance fatigue characteristic.Adoption of the bulk piston which has the [deguretsushibu] quality which is optimum to straight.It is strong in the rust, corrosion-resistant the preeminence, actualizes secure height adjustment.HIPERMAX succeeding 30 step adjustment systems from ll Performer.It corresponds to wide setting.Industry beginning and 2 year 40,000 kilometer guarantee attaching.By the fact that the second look at durability of each part which forms suspension is assured, the guarantee attaching as KIT. Merit/[sutoritoyusu] strengthening [gomuatsupamaunto] private SPL oil@@@@The upper mount unite and apply possibility (as for invery of pyro upper mount)Structure/ Single tube systemHeight adjustment mechanism/ Total length pitch integral expressionAttenuation power adjustment mechanism/ 30 step adjustmentsCase/ Hard chrome platingSpring/ In regard to the rear of the series-wound coming & part model, it becomes the private form spring.

sorry for the big block of info as im at work and no time to go through it =P

Type R Positive
11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
seems like nobody is vouncing for these instead...I would say no one has got them, even in USA.

r-r-redEuro
11-05-2009, 06:58 PM
well i had a look at the site and it has damper settings and height adjustment ? but the spring rate isnt has stiff as most coils ? im pretty noob at coils so correct me please people lol.

BUT the good thing about it is that it has a monotube design like monoflex teins ? so it should be compared to tein monoflexes ? :confused:

innozent
11-05-2009, 09:35 PM
BUT the good thing about it is that it has a monotube design like monoflex teins ? so it should be compared to tein monoflexes ? :confused:

Yes monotubes are good and new models of coilovers usually have them.
Secondly, i always believe that it is not how hard the spring is, it all depends on the shocks

xsite85
11-05-2009, 11:23 PM
so what your saying is that.. it's got abit of buddyclub + teins monoflex all mixed in 1?

oat.iphone
12-05-2009, 01:13 AM
heya pete, IMO hks hypermax II might be too soft for our road, road in the state r much better

get urself neither tein SS or BC N+, to me i recommended N+ as i have its on now, u can go really low, set the damper to F-10,R-7 its pretty much close to stock for comfort

anyway which rim u getting?

xsite85
12-05-2009, 06:23 PM
still deciding at this stage...

i'm moving towards buddyclub atm... since i read so many reports to it...

i can see.. your still amazed from my mods oat.iphone LOL

oat.iphone
12-05-2009, 07:09 PM
lol seem like I'm abits ahead from urs bro, added N+, swift sway bar, camber kit, ray vaios 77s 18"[discontinued model, so now u cant be like me PETE lol] recently =], PETE, u can call me to arrange the meet up, i'll take u for a SPIN, u'll see how nice - comfort it is[ on the nice road ok, dont mention about the shit bumpy road with many pot holes], i'm sure u'll love its, actually u can try ebay, this guy is selling his N+ used for 2k kms, last time i contacted him, he asked for 1.6k cash...if u lucky u can get its around 1.4-1.5 save urself nearly 1k on its for ur rims

defibros
12-05-2009, 10:35 PM
lol seem like I'm abut ahead from urs bro, added N+, swift sway bar, camber kit, ray vail 77s 18" recently =]

pics pls :D

xsite85
12-05-2009, 11:09 PM
performance mods nice..

i've had a gambling addiction for the past 6 months..

lost about 10k to starcity... i would be way aheadby now..

oh wells..

jyh888
12-05-2009, 11:58 PM
lol seem like I'm abut ahead from urs bro, added N+, swift sway bar, camber kit, ray vail 77s 18" recently =]

how do you find the swift sway bar? I recently purchased one from a member on the forum and i was quite shocked to find that it is only 15mm thick!! Thats only 1mm difference from the 14mm stock rsb and they actually dont differ too much in weight, obviously the swift is slightly heavier, but i dont see how it will really do much?

Have you installed it? What are your first impressions? I've installed it already and i think so far its good over stock but as i have lack of experience in this field I am wondering hows its compared to a whiteline for example as they are 18mm and the difference in handling would definatly be noticable.

Has any1 tried swift sway bars? Just cant understand why they are so expensive but only 15mm thick...there must be some secret behind it lol, the website looks like theres a lot of R&D done when designing this product...is it worth changing to a whiteline?

Crapdaz
13-05-2009, 10:28 AM
how do you find the swift sway bar? I recently purchased one from a member on the forum and i was quite shocked to find that it is only 15mm thick!! Thats only 1mm difference from the 14mm stock rsb and they actually dont differ too much in weight, obviously the swift is slightly heavier, but i dont see how it will really do much?

Have you installed it? What are your first impressions? I've installed it already and i think so far its good over stock but as i have lack of experience in this field I am wondering hows its compared to a whiteline for example as they are 18mm and the difference in handling would definatly be noticable.

Has any1 tried swift sway bars? Just cant understand why they are so expensive but only 15mm thick...there must be some secret behind it lol, the website looks like theres a lot of R&D done when designing this product...is it worth changing to a whiteline?
14mm for stock?

my stock is 10mm but i am 03-05.

jyh888
13-05-2009, 12:21 PM
yea mines 08 build and from the looks of it stock is 14mm and the swift rsb is 15mm, looking at it directly looks identical but the swift is a green bar and slightly heavier but not much....

oat.iphone
15-05-2009, 12:36 PM
pics pls :D

will surely post up my pic after i get my 20% tint next weekend, need to wash the car n refill the rockship tiny hole on my windscreen too... anyone know of good location to take screen shot for car?

oat.iphone
15-05-2009, 12:37 PM
performance mods nice..

i've had a gambling addiction for the past 6 months..

lost about 10k to starcity... i would be way aheadby now..

oh wells..

*walk over xsite85 n doing the turk slap on his head... Y DONT U CALL ME TO JOIN TOO?*

LOL bad habits bro, yup yupz u could be way ahead of mine within those budgets u lost

oat.iphone
15-05-2009, 12:51 PM

Well so many questions, how do i answer as i'm just another NOOB here =], i bought mine from someone here too...

is ur s/bar come in green color with the white swift letter on its? yup its quite heavily compare to the stock, i'd installed the rear on mine already, not for the front as the guy didnt gived me the D-BUSHING - brackets, anyway got mine D-BUSHING now, hope i can re-use my stock brackets on its as the guy mentioned...

i found its as the good invest, prolly one of the best items among all i added so far, now i can go real hard on any corner[not those sharp one ok], last timed i cornered about 80-90 n it hold the car real well with the N+ shock...

for the diameter size of its, my swift rear is just abit bigger than my stock as u mentioned[ 16mm if i'm right, stock is prolly 14-15mm correct me if i'm wrong PLS], for the front one, i'd got the real big s/bar, i measured it turn out to be 26mm[i thought it was ard 22-24mm], that y i had problem finding D-BUSHING - brackets for its[now solve only left me to find its brackets]

i really dont know y SWIFT make their s/bar really thin on the rear n real thick on the front as i think it wont make its any better to have two different size s/bar on one same car... but to me so far so good, even with 16mm rear s/bar on mine, i can see the positive thing on its already, u should try corner hard, see how u feel

P.S. How much have u got ur s/bar install for? what place? As i got mine install for 100+ my vision rear camber... went back to same installer he asked couple houndred to install the FRONT, i believe it's quite too much just for s/bar, he said he will need to take off alots of thing, will take itself 2-3 hrs just for installing this...

if u can recommended me to the place - installer who did urs with cheap labor price, i'll really be appreciated its, anyway how was his work? good?

many thankz in advance...

Crapdaz
15-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Well so many questions, how do i answer as i'm just another NOOB here =], i bought mine from someone here too...

is ur s/bar come in green color with the white swift letter on its? yup its quite heavily compare to the stock, i'd installed the rear on mine already, not for the front as the guy didnt gived me the D-BUSHING - brackets, anyway got mine D-BUSHING now, hope i can re-use my stock brackets on its as the guy mentioned...

i found its as the good invest, prolly one of the best items among all i added so far, now i can go real hard on any corner[not those sharp one ok], last timed i cornered about 80-90 n it hold the car real well with the N+ shock...

for the diameter size of its, my swift rear is just abit bigger than my stock as u mentioned[ 16mm if i'm right, stock is prolly 14-15mm correct me if i'm wrong PLS], for the front one, i'd got the real big s/bar, i measured it turn out to be 26mm[i thought it was ard 22-24mm], that y i had problem finding D-BUSHING - brackets for its[now solve only left me to find its brackets]

i really dont know y SWIFT make their s/bar really thin on the rear n real thick on the front as i think it wont make its any better to have two different size s/bar on one same car... but to me so far so good, even with 16mm rear s/bar on mine, i can see the positive thing on its already, u should try corner hard, see how u feel

P.S. How much have u got ur s/bar install for? what place? As i got mine install for 100+ my vision rear camber... went back to same installer he asked couple houndred to install the FRONT, i believe it's quite too much just for s/bar, he said he will need to take off alots of thing, will take itself 2-3 hrs just for installing this...

if u can recommended me to the place - installer who did urs with cheap labor price, i'll really be appreciated its, anyway how was his work? good?

it will cost that much to install it because he has to drop subframe and tranny.

aaronng
15-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Measure the weight of your front vs the rear swaybar. The front is hollow, while the rear is solid on the stock ones. That's why the rear can be thinner.

oat.iphone
15-05-2009, 01:13 PM
crapdaz, r u A1 mechanical? pretty well knowledge in all field for euro type same as aaronng, wish i can have ur knowledge, will u let me eat ur brain for ur knowledge? LOL

u r exactly right about subframe etc...my installer said same things, so it's typical to cost 2-3 hundred for install the front s/bar?

i havent got any chance to measure my swift s/bar yet but surely they r heavy...so even if i'm running 16mm - 26mm size s/bar on my car respectively rear - front, it wont make the car lose any potential it should be gaining when doing hard turn on corner right aaronng

jyh888
15-05-2009, 07:57 PM

thats good to hear that your getting positive results from the swift sway bar as i thought i was stupid enuf to spend $300 on a 15mm rsb when i can buy a brand new whiteline for 100 less. I think so far it stays pretty flat, but i want to test it out on high speed corners.

Honestly for fwd, i dont see the need of front sway bar, the fsb on the euro is already pretty damn thick, jus get a strut bar and mayb lower brace to tighten the front and as darren and aaron mentioned, its going to cost you a lot to install.

I get most of my stuff installed at a place called touge tuning (located in ermington/north ryde area) they are a trader here - very knowledgeble and resonable prices (i.e. they wont ripp you off)

oongie
17-05-2009, 01:26 AM
I get most of my stuff installed at a place called touge tuning (located in ermington/north ryde area) they are a trader here - very knowledgeble and resonable prices (i.e. they wont ripp you off)

off topic but +1 for touge tune, they really are good blokes!

Crapdaz
17-05-2009, 02:57 PM
crapdaz, r u A1 mechanical? pretty well knowledge in all field for euro type same as aaronng, wish i can have ur knowledge, will u let me eat ur brain for ur knowledge? LOL

u r exactly right about subframe etc...my installer said same things, so it's typical to cost 2-3 hundred for install the front s/bar?

i havent got any chance to measure my swift s/bar yet but surely they r heavy...so even if i'm running 16mm - 26mm size s/bar on my car respectively rear - front, it wont make the car lose any potential it should be gaining when doing hard turn on corner right aaronng
nah not that knowledgeable but know a small things here and there.
If you've seen under your car you can see how the front s/b runs.

But as aaron has covered why the front is thicker.

thats good to hear that your getting positive results from the swift sway bar as i thought i was stupid enuf to spend $300 on a 15mm rsb when i can buy a brand new whiteline for 100 less. I think so far it stays pretty flat, but i want to test it out on high speed corners.

Honestly for fwd, i dont see the need of front sway bar, the fsb on the euro is already pretty damn thick, jus get a strut bar and mayb lower brace to tighten the front and as darren and aaron mentioned, its going to cost you a lot to install.

off topic but +1 for touge tune, they really are good blokes!
you heard anything about them installing trannies then? e.g clutch/flywheel etc.

oongie
19-05-2009, 11:51 AM
you heard anything about them installing trannies then? e.g clutch/flywheel etc.

No... but Ben has alot of experience on alot of really good cars.
If you have heard anythign care to enlighten?
keep it to PM if required.

xsite85
22-05-2009, 09:36 AM

suck-up.. :thumbdwn: LOL :)

oat.iphone
30-05-2009, 11:00 AM
suck-up.. :thumbdwn: LOL :)

LOL good one PETE...watch my car being in completion stage soon, will throw in another 5k this month

xsite85
01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
LOL good one PETE...watch my car being in completion stage soon, will throw in another 5k this month

hahaha.. it's still an auto.. LOL